X3TC bore site, cursor fire, autoaim question

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

wolfee

X3TC bore site, cursor fire, autoaim question

Post by wolfee » Sun, 15. Jan 23, 18:04

I've been trying out the Springblossom and Truelight Seeker. (lost my Vidar...) I've been reading various posts about targeting and it has confused me even more. If my Springblossom fires Matter/Anti-matter launchers at any fighter class M5,4,3, I never hit them. The rounds from my right bays miss to the right, the rounds from my left bays miss to the left. The target happily flies along between my two streams of damage. My Truelight Seeker using 5 energy chainbolt guns and 1 PBE looks like a water hose with low pressure. The rounds fall well below the target, even the PBE misses (both in range). Realize I'm talking in relation to the target reticle.

I have:
Boresight fire: [not bound]
Cursor fire: Right mouse button
Laser site: k

What do those mean? I steer with "Left mouse button" and fire with "Right mouse button". I've read that there is an auto-aim, is that boresight? I've also read that the targeting cursor is based on the slowest weapon you have in your "freight" whether it's equipped or not. Is that true? Thanks for help!

Fulgrymm
x4

Re: X3TC bore site, cursor fire, autoaim question

Post by Fulgrymm » Sun, 15. Jan 23, 18:21

You'll want to use boresight instead of cursor fire. Boresight fire has an autoaim feature that makes it way easier to hit the small and fast targets like M5/4/3s. And yes, you'll want to avoid mixing different weapons because the slowest projectile weapon will be what's used for autoaim calculations. That's only for weapons that are equipped however, weapons just sitting in your cargo bay will affect nothing.

wolfee

Re: X3TC bore site, cursor fire, autoaim question

Post by wolfee » Sun, 15. Jan 23, 21:01

Thank you!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”