X2 Placed wrong mine

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

terek
x2

X2 Placed wrong mine

Post by terek » Tue, 20. Dec 22, 20:58

So, I accidentally placed a silicone mine on an ore asteroid. I noticed a long time after the fact. Is there any way I can self destruct the mine without destroying the asteroid or swap what type of mine is on the asteroid?

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Re: X2 Placed wrong mine

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Tue, 20. Dec 22, 21:54

Non in vanilla game - there may be mods for that. AFAIR asteroids respawn after a few in-game hours after destruction, independent if a mine was built on them or not. Meaning, the only way I know is to destroy the mine you built and wait for the 'roid to respawn for a new mine.
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 20. Dec 22, 22:04

I always thought that once a mine station had been built on an asteroid then that asteroid was effectively gone, even if the mine was destroyed or moved away: ie no more respawns of that asteroid.

One way to permanently get rid of an asteroid placed in an awkward place for you and without making a cluster of smaller rocks was to build a cheap mine station on that rock and then destroy it or tow it away.

(Note that I am thinking of X3 more here than X2, but still.)
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

terek
x2

Post by terek » Wed, 21. Dec 22, 02:27

Thanks for your help. I put the mine on the wrong asteroid, it isn't even a good ore mine so if it is gone permanently no big loss. The mine I meant to put on it was adjacent to it. So looks like I will be destroying my first base. Too bad there isn't a self destruct option in X2.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 21. Dec 22, 21:56

It does act as yield 0 Silicon Mine. That is not much, but still more than nothing.

If you had a save from before the mistake, then you could consider which is more valuable: the ore or the things you have achieved since the build.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”