X2 Patches Security Threat? - Resolved.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Scoob
x4

X2 Patches Security Threat? - Resolved.

Post by Scoob » Fri, 7. Oct 22, 19:07

Hey all,

I suspect this is a false positive, but it was my Browser (Firefox) that caught this. Basically, I'm trying to download Update to X2 The Threat, and the browser blocks this claiming it's a security threat. I'm aware these files are old - 2007 - and have been around for years, so it's likely just their age that's causing them to be flagged as they were designed for an older OS of course. However, I thought I'd check just in case there is an issue, as unlikely as that may be.

Fancied firing up X2 for the first time in literal years this eve on a whim, but no longer have the old folder backups I kept.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: X2 Patches Security Threat?

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 7. Oct 22, 21:09

Anything transferred to or from the Egosoft servers have been through thorough server-based malware checking. You can rest assured.

Of course it may just be that your settings try to exclude downloading executables.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 7. Oct 22, 21:48

Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 7. Oct 22, 21:09
Anything transferred to or from the Egosoft servers have been through thorough server-based malware checking. You can rest assured.

Of course it may just be that your settings try to exclude downloading executables.
Thanks. Another reason I was being overly cautious is because the Forums are very very sluggish this evening, and I keep getting booted out and having to log in again. I rarely have to log in, as the site remembers me.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 7. Oct 22, 23:23

That slow-down is a perplexing server-side issue over the past few days that the devs are aware of and are on the case. It was very briefly fixed this afternoon, and then unfortunately came back a bit worse.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 8. Oct 22, 21:20

Forums seem fine this evening, nice and responsive, so I'm guessing it's all fixed now.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”