CAGs and Intermediate Products

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

lincs_geezer
x2

CAGs and Intermediate Products

Post by lincs_geezer » Wed, 28. Sep 22, 01:19

Hi quick question if any gurus can help.

After years away I'm back on this game and set up some complexes. Remembered about CAGs and I also remembered I had an issue with them and intermediate products. Sure I solved this before or at least found a workaround but struggling to remember what I did.

if I set in trade duties buy intermediates 20% and sell 80% the CAGs just sell them all anyway. How do i get them to follow this rule? i wouldn't mind if they just sold down to 20%, but they are constantly selling and buying the same intermediate.

Any tips or workarounds appreciated. i was thinking last time i might of just made it so always set up the complexes so they always produced more intermediates than they need and never sell intermediates, but that just doesn't seem cricket.

Thanks
Edit: its Albion Prelude.

lincs_geezer
x2

Re: CAGs and Intermediate Products

Post by lincs_geezer » Wed, 28. Sep 22, 01:47

Not sure if there is an answer to this but on the offchance someone else is looking for the answer, it would appear that for whatever reason the CAGS will sell down to the buying % i.e. so if buy 20% and sell 80% they will sell until there is 20% left. I think the reason they are buying and selling at mine is because I under produce intermediates . i.e. one CAG sells down to 20%, it then gets used by the complex to say 19%, so another CAG pops out to buy some. Therefore:

1) There appears to be a bug where they will sell down to the buying percent, rather than the selling %.
2) To workaround will have to sell only and make sure I always produce enough intermediates to satisfy the needs of the other factories in the complex.

lincs_geezer
x2

Re: CAGs and Intermediate Products

Post by lincs_geezer » Sun, 2. Oct 22, 14:08

And sorry for dredging this up again but I hate to leave a misleading answer for the next guy. The solution, for whatever reason is set them up how you might expect (e.g. I have sell products 20%, sell intermediate products 50%, buy intermediate products 20%, buy resources 80%) then set the sell freight cargo bay to 101%. I've no idea why this works out, but after setting up several complexes with various configurations this always seems to hang together.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”