Sector Planner v1.5 - NOW RELEASED (1 October 2005)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

simonnance
x3tc

Post by simonnance » Thu, 1. Jul 04, 22:16

ta very much

wep component factorys are an integral part of my master plan for the X-Universe, so that is much apreciated.

:thumb_up:
want the FACTS about X2/X3?
Usenko wrote:Don't get me wrong, I think animals have their place in the scheme of things. It's just that in the case of sheep, cattle and pigs, their place happens to be in neat pieces under the griller.:-)

-River-
x2

Post by -River- » Fri, 2. Jul 04, 00:42

Nice job ! :thumb_up: :thumb_up:

Can't live without it ! :D

WPI2010
x2

Post by WPI2010 » Fri, 2. Jul 04, 02:44

Do yoiu need to dl all the SP's?

-River-
x2

Post by -River- » Fri, 2. Jul 04, 03:31

Goa'uld killer wrote:Do yoiu need to dl all the SP's?
Noc. Swaic ? :D

PS: can't help it :lol:

brohawk
x3

Post by brohawk » Fri, 2. Jul 04, 04:01

Sector Planner is an excellent tool that I am very fond of using. SP2 just makes it even better. Thanks for the great work, it is vastly appreciated.

Mike

LordSuch
x3

Post by LordSuch » Fri, 2. Jul 04, 08:50

Goa'uld killer wrote:Do yoiu need to dl all the SP's?
No, I will always release full versions as its much simpler that way.

HTH

LS

VIPER-X-
x3

Post by VIPER-X- » Fri, 2. Jul 04, 18:48

Sector Planner is a really awesome program.

I think it would be good if it also had a Profit Calutlator.
What I mean is that it can calculate all your factories profit by sector or all your factories at once per game hour or game day.

Just a thought I had.

simonnance
x3tc

Post by simonnance » Fri, 2. Jul 04, 19:02

it does have

check out the "Station Roster" there you can set the limits for your stations and it works out the profit per station per our, as well as per sector per hour and overall per hour

:roll:
want the FACTS about X2/X3?
Usenko wrote:Don't get me wrong, I think animals have their place in the scheme of things. It's just that in the case of sheep, cattle and pigs, their place happens to be in neat pieces under the griller.:-)

Birdman
x3

Post by Birdman » Fri, 2. Jul 04, 19:03

It's already there. Open the Station Roster, total Hourly profit is there, and by selecting a sector on the list, it will change the Sector Profit.

Constipated_Vigilante
x3

Post by Constipated_Vigilante » Sat, 3. Jul 04, 00:34

What does it mean when one of my stations in the roster is highlighted orange? I have several...I also noticed that easily exploited commodities in sectors are highlighted orange?...
System:
AMD Athlon 64 3700+
Sound Blaster Audigy
Geforce 6800 GS
A8N-E Motherboard
2GB DDR RAM

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Sat, 3. Jul 04, 00:37

I think it means that they are the only source of that product in the sector. Either that or that is what white means. Its in the read-me.
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

-River-
x2

Post by -River- » Sat, 3. Jul 04, 04:24

I have 150+ factories all over the place, a third in closed loops.

For those with massive loops, how do you add your factories in ? (when they span more than 1 sector)

Eg.
1 SPP in Herron Nebula supplies a Mosquito Missile fab loop.

The mosquito missile fab, ore mine,its bakery and cattle ranch are in Three Worlds
The SPP, crystal fab, its bakery and cattle ranch are in HN.
The silicon mine supplying the crystal fab is in Antigone Memorial
There is a wheat farm in Argon Prime drawing its e-cells from this SPP.

To compensate

Increase the AI SPP output from 9 to 13 in 3 Worlds
Increase the AI SPP output from 9 to 10 in AP
Decrease the SPP output in HN from 9 to 3
Reduce the yield of the mine in AM to 0
Change the silicon resource in crystal fab to a new custom resource ABC (so it does not change the silicon usage in HN)

It works except I cannot access the station roster and an error is generated. I can't uncheck the silicon as a primary resource in the "Add Station dialogue" too.

Previously, I have only added the wheat farm in this example into the sector planner and compensated the e-cells output using the Qty tab

Any way around ?

Thanks.

Birdman
x3

Post by Birdman » Sat, 3. Jul 04, 10:33

Personally, I just run them as they are, where they are.

I have a double loop in Thuruk's Beard, terminated at the second Crystal Fab (selling to public at max price). So the rundown is: 2 Cattle Ranchs, 2 Cahoona Bakeries, 2 Crystal Fabs. That's 6 factory equivalents.
Plus I get some visits from my 3 fabs in Rhonkar's Fire (25MW shield, Rastar, BHEPT) and my ore mine in Hatikva's Faith and a BoGas Fact in Company Pride that also visit the single SPP and soak up some of the slack. Haven't run the plant out yet, even with the BoGas using a Dolphin.
Even with that many using the SPP, the private Crystal fab built up about 280 Crystals, with the SPP full also. Worked out great, as that way I have a stock of extra Crystals that I can either sell off (move them to the Public Crystal Fab), or use to start-up another loop elsewhere.

The trick is that I, in most cases, use the AI Silicon Mines. If I do have a Silicon mine around, I use that to sell to the AI fabs that need it (at 625-650, energy at 11 from the SPP), thus leaving me to buy from the AI at 227-233. Greater Profitssss that way. :teladi: If I do have to use my own Silicon mine, I have to set the price to 264 for buy/sell for the mine to break even with energy at 11.

To figure out if there is any spare energy to use, I count my fabs and subtract from 9, then check if any mines are running off the plant. If so, then I check the yield/usage and round up.

I don't compensate, even when running across multiple sectors. I just set the fabs in the planner up just like I set them in the game. All buy Energy at 11, mostly from my SPP (so even if they visit an AI, still no problem as that generates even more profit for me), selling at min (or break even like 11 for Flowers). OK, so that gives me a couple grand profit off myself for the 1st and second tier fabs, primarily using the planner to find the holes in the economy so I can fill them in some. 8)

-River-
x2

Post by -River- » Mon, 5. Jul 04, 02:33

Thanks Birdman for your insight into your empire/strategy.

I am lazy and prefer not to calculate the silicon/e-cells everytime I want to add a new fab in, so I would stick to my method for the time being :)

Btw, a new question :
Operating at max efficiency,
A SPP in 100% sunlight can provide for more than 9 fabs
In 150%, it can power 10 fabs and in 450%, 12 fabs

Since AI spp do not need crystals to function, but all spps qty tabs output are 9 (drawn from the games files), does it mean that AI spp will only produce 8100 e-cells per hour regardless of the sunlight ?

Thanks

Birdman
x3

Post by Birdman » Mon, 5. Jul 04, 04:16

Just checked several. 1@100%, 2@150%, 1@200%, 1@450%. And the results are:

:o :o THE ECONOMY IS REALLY BROKEN!!! :o :o

Each AI SPP produced 66 Energy Cells per minute. Didn't matter where, or how much sun. This means that AI SPP produce 3960 per hour.
All Facts/Fabs USE Energy at a rate of 900 per hour. This means that each AI SPP can handle only 4.4 Facts/Fabs per hour.

:rant: :rant: No wonder there is such an energy crisis :rant: :rant:

Birdman
x3

Post by Birdman » Mon, 5. Jul 04, 04:39

OK, here we go!!

Can you or anyone tell me where to BUY the following Fabs/Facts:

Argon: 125MW shield Fab
Boron: GIRE, Silkworm Missle, Wasp Missle
Paranid: Dragonfly Missle, Mosquito Missle, Silkworm Missle
Split: Mosquito Missle, Ammunition Factory
Teladi: Wasp Missle, Dragonfly Missle

:?: These are listed in the Sector Planner, they may exist in X2, but I can't find any shipyard that carries them for the player to buy. Any help or ideas? :?:

LordSuch
x3

Post by LordSuch » Mon, 5. Jul 04, 08:54

Birdman wrote:Each AI SPP produced 66 Energy Cells per minute. Didn't matter where, or how much sun. This means that AI SPP produce 3960 per hour.
All Facts/Fabs USE Energy at a rate of 900 per hour. This means that each AI SPP can handle only 4.4 Facts/Fabs per hour.
I have been discussing this with Rapier and he came to the same figures as you did.

The next major version of Sector Planner will probably have this in place...

@Birdman - You can't buy those, they only exist because factories of those types actually exist in the game (i.e. Dark waters has a boron GIRE fab).

Cheers

LS

-River-
x2

Post by -River- » Tue, 6. Jul 04, 07:09

LordSuch

This brings up another question.

SP draws its numbers from the game files and the output of AI spp are 9.
But it appears to only produce 66 e-cells per min.
Yet the ai fabs function slower but fine

If the output is changed to 4.4 from 9, the SP will present a massive e-cells shortage in almost all sectors, and will very likely mess up the greatest needs calculator.

Currently, if you set up a fab in a sector with e-cells = +1 net and jumps=0, your fab will have no problems and the ai fabs there also seem to be getting their e-cells fine.

Could the missing 4-7 "factory units" for each ai spp be "cheated" as in they appear in the other ai fabs (those deemed essential by the game) as the e-cells are produced ? (if these essential fabs are full, then the additoinal e-cells simply disappear)

Thanks

LordSuch
x3

Post by LordSuch » Wed, 7. Jul 04, 00:58

TFX wrote:SP draws its numbers from the game files and the output of AI spp are 9.
But it appears to only produce 66 e-cells per min.
Yet the ai fabs function slower but fine
Actually the game data files don't contain information about cycle time, this had to be entered manually - although all the other data is generated from the game files.
TFX wrote:Currently, if you set up a fab in a sector with e-cells = +1 net and jumps=0, your fab will have no problems and the ai fabs there also seem to be getting their e-cells fine.
This could be a due to A.I. fabs being stalled (i.e. full of products or empty of a primary resource) or purely down to the fact that you're probably using a *faster* TP rather than a non-upgraded TS.

However I must admit my empirical evidence seems to indicate that NPC SPPs produce closer to 6-7 units rather than 4.4. This is based upon seeing how many factories can be supported while still buying energy at 16cr.
TFX wrote:Could the missing 4-7 "factory units" for each ai spp be "cheated" as in they appear in the other ai fabs (those deemed essential by the game) as the e-cells are produced ? (if these essential fabs are full, then the additoinal e-cells simply disappear)
Could be... Although I would find it unlikely.

I haven't had any time to experiment recently (I haven't even played X2 for 2 weeks) so I don't have any good answers, however it can be difficult to see the effect of NPC factories on the economy as their traders are willing to go up to 9 sectors to find a resource.

Rapier (if you're reading)- Perhaps you have some more insight into this...

Irrespective I think sector planner should have the output of NPC SPP's reduced, it is just a matter of how much by...

Cheers

LS

khanis
x2

Post by khanis » Wed, 21. Jul 04, 00:15

links on lordsuch's website to download seem to be broken

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”