Boarding ATF/Terran cappital ships question, X3TC 1.2

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

avenger4o

Boarding ATF/Terran cappital ships question, X3TC 1.2

Post by avenger4o » Thu, 23. Sep 21, 17:27

Playing X3TC v1.2
My marines have troubles cutting the hull of ATF M1, M2. have over 100 marines with maxed skills, also using boarding pods, but my marines are unable to cut trought the hull, tried dozen of times with no sucess. Loading same game with lateter version of game and there is no problem at all. taking the ship with no casualties.

Since im still after few more ships that are unavaible in later patches for my collection, i dont want to update my game.

So the question is, is it even possible to board ATF/Terran M1/M2 in v1.2, or do i need to met some condition to be able to do it in 1.2, like completing terran plot etc.

Thanks for your inputs.
Noone lives forever!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Boarding ATF/Terran cappital ships question, X3TC 1.2

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 23. Sep 21, 20:39

A recollection of mine from long ago was that you might need to either check that the target has no hull polarization device fitted, or to remove it by steady and repeated minor hull damage causing it to be destroyed before you send in the marines. I could be totally wrong though.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

avenger4o

Re: Boarding ATF/Terran cappital ships question, X3TC 1.2

Post by avenger4o » Thu, 23. Sep 21, 21:13

Alan Phipps wrote:
Thu, 23. Sep 21, 20:39
A recollection of mine from long ago was that you might need to either check that the target has no hull polarization device fitted, or to remove it by steady and repeated minor hull damage causing it to be destroyed before you send in the marines. I could be totally wrong though.
In v 1.2 there is no internal defences, they added this with later patch, 2.x i think, and anyway i checked for it, none exist.
All my marines have 100 on each stat and using boarding pods, but still they cant penetrate the hull, loading game in version 1.3 or later prior to boarding, and works like charm, they take the ship with ease.

So i dont know if i should keep trying, look for new target or whatever, or just leave it be, if its not possible to successfully board them in this version... Only have ATF, Terran and Khaak ships left to finish my ship collection....
Noone lives forever!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”