Questions About Kha'ak and Kyle (Spoilers)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Pandemonium Ghost
x3ap

Questions About Kha'ak and Kyle (Spoilers)

Post by Pandemonium Ghost » Mon, 14. Dec 20, 21:05

Hi I just have a few questions.

So it says Kha'ak never take prisoners. But didn't they take Kyle as prisoner?

I also don't understand the deal with Kyle and his brain waves being attached to Kha'ak jumpgates. Were they experimenting on him?

Last but not least I remember somewhere that Kha'ak can "suck" their victims (their brains?) but was this ever actually mentioned in any of the games?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Questions About Kha'ak and Kyle (Spoilers)

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 14. Dec 20, 21:42

The X Encyclopedia (paper version) says:

"The Battle of Omicron Lyrae saw this old hero [Kyle Brennan] risk his life once more to protect the Community of Planets against a Kha'ak invasion force. Kidnapped by the Kha'ak, after his rescue he remained in a coma before eventually making a full recovery."

That's all I can find and whatever they did to him and his mind obviously wasn't pleasant. There's nothing relating to your other questions in there though.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Pandemonium Ghost
x3ap

Re: Questions About Kha'ak and Kyle (Spoilers)

Post by Pandemonium Ghost » Tue, 15. Dec 20, 05:58

Alan Phipps wrote:
Mon, 14. Dec 20, 21:42
The X Encyclopedia (paper version) says:

"The Battle of Omicron Lyrae saw this old hero [Kyle Brennan] risk his life once more to protect the Community of Planets against a Kha'ak invasion force. Kidnapped by the Kha'ak, after his rescue he remained in a coma before eventually making a full recovery."

That's all I can find and whatever they did to him and his mind obviously wasn't pleasant. There's nothing relating to your other questions in there though.
Hi and thank you for the reply.

There were a couple articles I read that he was somehow connected to the Kha'ak hive mind.

One was here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/X3:_Reunion

"Ion attempts to run off with the artifacts once he gets them, but when captured he reveals he was being manipulated by Sargon. Kyle re-awakens from his coma; however, his brain waves are still linked to the Kha'ak, leading them to conduct another assault in Paranid space. The Argon Federation declare Kyle to be an enemy to appease the Paranid"

Another was here: https://annex.fandom.com/wiki/Kha%27ak

"Kyle was put in a coma after being the only being ever to have a close encounter with the actual race. During yet another assault, on Argon Prime, the Kha'ak jumpsystems somehow resonated with Kyle's brain waves, waking him up from the coma. Without explanation, he escaped from the medical facility holding him, stole a ship, and left for the distant star system of Nyana's Hideout."

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”