X3TC further CLS 2 question

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Jamumools

X3TC further CLS 2 question

Post by Jamumools » Fri, 12. Jun 20, 06:42

Hello again!

So, I've been building an energy grid as per Timsup2nothing's guide, in the Argon Prime area.

So far I have buy traps on all 8 SPPs across Power Circle, Antigone and The Hole. Batteries on all users in 3 Worlds, Power Circle, Antigone, CBNW, Herrons and The Hole. Distributors in each sector. A substation in Herrons being fed by all the SPPs, to feed Herrons and CBNW. I've got prices set at buy 12c/sell 17c.

The thing I'm noticing is that the grid just won't fill up! I'm waiting to put in the next 3 sectors until this grid is flowing - is that a good idea? I an trading but all the batteries seem to be emptied well before the buy traps fill up again.

I'm wondering if it's a pricing thing? I notice some NPC traders at the SPPs (although not many) so presumably they're buying at 13 or even 14? Should I increase buy price to 13 until I have everything locked out? Or should I just keep building my network until all 15 sectors are covered and it will just settle out eventually?

Thanks for any tips guys.

Jamumools

Jamumools

Re: X3TC further CLS 2 question

Post by Jamumools » Sat, 13. Jun 20, 17:55

So I changed the buy price to 13 and we seem to be getting somewhere, although definitely not filling the system up. I've just built a SPP + 2 crystal fab complex to feed some more ECs into the system as it feels like there just isn't enough.

Slightly unrelated, but I have a Space Fuel complex set up, 1 distillery plus 1 wheat farm. I have a CLS2 pilot set to load space fuel from the complex, so that I can set a TP with a jump drive to load from him and sell at max price, as well as selling at average -1 from the complex itself. This doesn't seem to be working - all the space fuel is bought by NPCs. I would have thought the CLS2 pilot would fill up first and then NPCs would be able to buy from the complex. Any ideas why this is not happening, as I was going to do the same for my Space Weed complex as well?

Thanks

Jamumools

Aydan

Re: X3TC further CLS 2 question

Post by Aydan » Tue, 16. Jun 20, 13:14

You're not thinking about the speed of your traders and the amount of wares produced. A XL/L SPP has a larger storage for their ECs, so you can buy more without raising the price, which is based on the % of amount in store. So a M class SPP changes its price a lot more often than a XL SPP. A simple Demeter changes the price with one single action. A XL SPP won't change the price if there are only 1k or 2k ECs bought. So the amount of possibly bought ECs depends on the size of your freighters (how much they buy in one run) in relation to the size of the surrounding SPPs which they are visiting. The next thing is their speed. Keep in mind that placing a storage capacity soewhere far away takes a longer while to fly to. Maybe it's better to use faster, but smaller ships, like TPs. Freighters don't need to be an actual "freighter" model, especially if you're dealing in high priced/small volume goods like drugs or chips. Speed is a lot more important. That's why your complex is raided by NPCs faster than your CLS freighter. All those tiny M5 are buying just some, but they come more often and faster than your freighter. Just let him buy some ECs and sell the durgs to your customers. Thta's a much faster income with a far lower risk to loose a freighter to some lunatic pirates on your way to the next pirate base. Selling at higher prices doesn't mean to have more income ;)

Hope that helps a bit.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”