X3AP Missile Stock and economy discussion

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ErikWolf

X3AP Missile Stock and economy discussion

Post by ErikWolf » Fri, 10. Apr 20, 03:29

Hi,

I've started my game as a Terran commander, and Im done unlocking most of the ship I could need for now and have gained enough reputation and cash for now.

I'm also using the complex calculator, so let's go, I'd like to make a stock of spectre missile, Wraith, Shadow , poltergeist to feed my Terran army, I had in mind to use the four unknown area in Terran space under Oort Cloud.

First

is those place plot safe?

Secondo

I've heard that I should maybe had the wanted wares first , to start with my spectre missile factory then add the USC food then the protein the the ore... Seem a bit complicated... Is there's any reason?

Third

Is the investissement worth it ? I'd probly mainly would prefer to use all Terran ship in the game.

Four : Megnir

There's is some pretty good yield of silicon there's what do you do with you're silicon I'm not the kind to like to spam a market and have to wait , I mean ore seem so easy to set up and get cash from it I would be tempted to put 7 silicon mine 847474 ore mine and just deal with this but the game anyway someday will be saturated and I would prefer not to get there.?

Five

considering I've started as a Terran commander , any people has experience or preference in they're economy or good place to trade or even set-up something what are your favorite sector to build your empire and what it is ?

Each time I'm starting something a station , a complex or else I'm alway unsure if it's ok and sometimes I have surprise like a ship debris that wasn't in the way was in fact In the way of the newly ore mine built then just exploded from it. Slowly but we'll it's still have exploded.

So I was looking for story, tips, pointers, discussion, idea complaint ... Have fun . Can't wait to read.

jlehtone
x4

Re: X3AP Missile Stock and economy discussion

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 10. Apr 20, 11:46

Alas, there is less activity on this Forum that there used to be. Almost like most pilots have focused on something else than Xbtf-XT-X2-X3*. :roll:

That leaves pilots like me. I eat Terrans for breakfast. :twisted:

There are multiple "schools" on economy.
  • Free Traders just roam the space with ships, buying and selling. All the credits come from NPC anyway, so what is the point in player stations?
  • The Invisible Loopers create wares from nothing. They have Complexes that convert light, Silicon (and Ore) into a final product. Require nothing from NPC. Sell only the final product for credits. This is where the Wafers have a clear use.
  • Open Market. Have Stations buy and sell everything. Like Free Traders, but with stations to "fill gaps" in NPC's "chains of production".
I did build missile forges to keep my M8 and M7M operational. (It does take some barrages to wipe the Terran RRF from the sky.) They buy energy, food, and Ore from the NPC.
I did build food factories to fill NPC forges and thus reduce demand for NPC food, making it cheaper and more plentiful for my forges.
I did build bio factories to fill NPC food factories ...
Profitsss.

But, I could have built Silicon Mine, Bio fab, Food Fab, Crystal Forge to support a SPP that in turn empowers them and then more Mines, Bio, Food, Forges to produce missiles, etc. This "looper" ensures that the product is produced whether there are NPC or not.

As said, I visit Terran space only to kill and steal, so I can't say what it has or lacks, except that it is big, very big.

I have no recollection what the plot had.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Fri, 10. Apr 20, 23:13

Well, I'm still here too...but I also have pretty much abandoned the Terran point of view and just see them as big pinatas to pop open and see what falls out...not much help I'm afraid.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Sat, 11. Apr 20, 12:34

ErikWolf wrote:
Fri, 10. Apr 20, 03:29
Four : Megnir

There's is some pretty good yield of silicon there's what do you do with you're silicon I'm not the kind to like to spam a market and have to wait , I mean ore seem so easy to set up and get cash from it I would be tempted to put 7 silicon mine 847474 ore mine and just deal with this but the game anyway someday will be saturated and I would prefer not to get there.?
Megnir is the top place to go mining. ALL the asteroids have a high yield, and you can connect them all to a single station at the north gate without moving any of them. You can also connect the sector to the rest of the universe through the Hub.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”