Teladi Ramscoop?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Timsup2nothin

Teladi Ramscoop?

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sat, 28. Dec 19, 08:38

Maybe I've never noticed this because I've never had graphics running at maximum. Maybe I've never noticed because I don't really spend much time in Avarice, generally speaking. Maybe I've never noticed because I'm just not usually that observant.

But there's a big black line in Avarice. Really big. Can't say how big, because trying to fly up to it makes it obvious it is more an absence than a thing. It's like an interruption in the glowing dust, and flying to it means flying into it, and once you are in it there's no way to really see it, if you know what I mean. So it's really big, but in the grand scheme of Avarice it just looks like a line out in the far reaches. Far reaches in Avarice having plenty of room to be really far.

Mysterious.

For lack of any better explanation I hypothesized a giant matter scoop being dragged through the sector collecting the dust.

A search string of 'x3ap avarice black line' netted a theory that it is a glitch/artifact in the artwork. That seems doubtful to me, since if Egosoft were prone to such glitches I expect they'd be everywhere, not just in one sector. It seems more of a 'let's put something weird in here just for the heck of it" type thing.

But I'm surprised my search didn't get more results. Surely such a thing has been noticed, and asked about, many times.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

jlehtone
x4

Re: Teladi Ramscoop?

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 28. Dec 19, 10:50

It is there already in X3R.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sat, 28. Dec 19, 16:40

jlehtone wrote:
Sat, 28. Dec 19, 10:50
It is there already in X3R.
Does it show up on lower than maximum graphics settings? I never had the machine for maximums in Reunion or TC until now. That would at least explain how I never noticed it.

Using 'reunion avarice black line' for a search string doesn't get me anything either. I can't believe there has never been any discussion about this thing. I mean, this is the internet. There's a discussion about every thing.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Sat, 28. Dec 19, 18:02

Timsup2nothin wrote:
Sat, 28. Dec 19, 08:38

But there's a big black line in Avarice. Really big. Can't say how big, because trying to fly up to it makes it obvious it is more an absence than a thing. It's like an interruption in the glowing dust, and flying to it means flying into it, and once you are in it there's no way to really see it, if you know what I mean. So it's really big, but in the grand scheme of Avarice it just looks like a line out in the far reaches. Far reaches in Avarice having plenty of room to be really far.
I noticed black lines in several sectors. Most likely graphic errors.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 29. Dec 19, 20:34

Timsup2nothin wrote:
Sat, 28. Dec 19, 16:40
Does it show up on lower than maximum graphics settings? I never had the machine for maximums in Reunion or TC until now.
Not sure, what are "graphics settings". Textures and shaders? I think I've had them high in all X-games.

Loading X3R (gosh, I've forgotten some of the UI in 8 years), the line is in same place as in X3AP: enter from West Gate, turn left about 45 degrees, and turn down about 45 degrees.

Same result with textures and shaders high or medium. When set low, X3R dies quietly rather than loading a save.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Mon, 30. Dec 19, 12:22

Yeah, textures and shaders on high and view distance on very high. I used to play with everything on medium and thought maybe that was how I hadn't seen it before.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”