What are different colored crystals for?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Captain Teamwork
x3ap

What are different colored crystals for?

Post by Captain Teamwork » Wed, 8. May 19, 11:02

I'm playing a modified AP game and found a TS with a boatload of green crystals. Not sure what I should do with them.
I would sell them but I don't want to find out later its something I need then have to somehow spend days trying to come up with the stuff...
Trying to find information is like pulling teeth. :(
Thanks for any info. I don't mind spoilers :)

jlehtone
x4

Re: What are different colored crystals for?

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 8. May 19, 17:34

One of the X3{R,TC,AP} had some (one of each) coloured crystals in a plot. No regular vanilla use (although AP Stock Market might be exploitable with "useless" items too).

Modded ... if a mod adds something then it might add a "reason" too, but that is a question for (thread of) that mod (in S&M), not for this Forum.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Captain Teamwork
x3ap

Post by Captain Teamwork » Wed, 8. May 19, 22:06

No story mods here. Just a few quality of life mods/scripts to make the game more enjoyable. I wasnt sure if vanilla AP used colored crystals during a questline or not.

I was gonna start the argon war storyline at some point. Are there other plot missions in AP besides the argon war missions?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 8. May 19, 22:16

It sounds like one of your economy/trade-boosting mods does not have the trade-ware restrictions of the vanilla game applied.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Fulgrymm
x4

Post by Fulgrymm » Fri, 10. May 19, 11:36

Those crystals are macguffins in X3:R, they serve no purpose outside of that. There are additional plots outside the war one, but I don't remember offhand the pre-reqs for them.

DrSuperEvil
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by DrSuperEvil » Sat, 22. Jun 19, 12:57

In AP the Breaking Grounds plot needs some Black Crystals. Otherwise they are relics from previous game plots.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”