[X3AP] CLS ships just not doing their jobs!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Assassin8edKING

[X3AP] CLS ships just not doing their jobs!

Post by Assassin8edKING » Sun, 28. Apr 19, 14:09

Hi guys,

Have an annoying issue with a small fleet of ships I'm using to ferry wares from my complex to my player hq in my player owned sector.

I've installed CLS mk1 and 2 on the 10 TS ships, and each one has had way points set between the 2 stations, each TS handling a specific ware each.

1 of them is working fine, the other 9 are not.

I've set the way points like this, under External Commodity Logistics....

1. @ factory complex: Load ware X to maximum cargo space.
2. @ player hq: unload ware X to maximum cargos pace.

These 2 simple way point settings allow the 1 working ship to work as intended.

The other 9 have been set exactly the way, but for their respective wares, and what they do is collect the maximum cargo space of their designated ware, fly to the hq, dock, sit for a second and then return the factory without unloading their wares!!

Its driving me insane.

I've tried so many way point variations including putting "fly to station" command before the load/unload command for both stations on the way point list, using manual input cargo amounts, half cargo space too, etc etc and they just keep flying to the hq, docking, not unloading and returning to the factory complex,.

All ships have Home Base set the factory complex making the wares, have nav mk1, supply command, CLS 1 and 2, trade command 1, 2 and 3, fight command, docking computer, trading system extension, basically every software in the game. 5 of the ships are Mercury's and the other 5 Mercury XL's, but basically just all standard TS ships.

Can anyone point out what Im doing wrong?

Why does 1 of the ships work as intended but the other 9 with identical settings do not?

Thanks in advance guys 🙏
A befallen king is deadlier than one who still stands...

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: CLS ships just not doing their jobs!

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 28. Apr 19, 17:27

***Moving to X Trilogy Universe forum, where more CLS gurus will see this***

A bit of guesswork: Have you added the other wares to the PHQ already and limited their ware storage? Is there maybe any difference in the level of the pilots of those CLS ships?
trade command 1, 2 and 3

You know, there's no need for them to have the Trade Command Software Mk3 installed, right? That's just 500,000 Credits per ship flying around doing nothing.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

jlehtone
x4

Re: [X3AP] CLS ships just not doing their jobs!

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 28. Apr 19, 18:50

If you do use External Logistics (CLS2), then you don't need anything but:
Bonuspack Readme wrote:Equip a TS class transporter with Navigation Software MK1 and Commodity Logistics Software MK2.
Jumpdrive is useful too, if the travel distance is long.

Are your ships still apprentices?
Bonuspack Readme wrote:Courier ... able to deliver commodities to equipment docks and trading stations.
the PHQ is an equipment dock.

I would use CLS1 to haul from my factory to my PHQ. That is, after all, internal affair. The CLS1 obeys Dockware Manager and therefore will not fill the PHQ's one and only cargobay with one ware.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Assassin8edKING

Post by Assassin8edKING » Sun, 28. Apr 19, 21:40

Hi guys,

Cheers for moving the post for better attention 👌

Yes indeed I know the Trade mk3 and most others aren't necessary but the Mercury XL that is working properly had all that stuff on it so to eliminate any chance that they were somehow part of it working properly, I put the same stuff on all the 10 ships to eliminate the chance.

All 10 ships CLS pilots are Apprentice, including the 1 that is working.

I have the PHQ extended mod working so the storage of the PHQ is 500mil and the wares have no individual limits to them. Dockware manager is active and the wares have been added to the PHQs ware list. There is a partial amount of each ware already in the PHQ. BTW, the wares being ferried are the materials required to build ships.

As for only using CLS 1 and not needing no.2, I cannot figure out how to set the ships to just ferry wares between 2 of my own stations using the commands in the menu for Internal Commodity Logistics, but the commands in the menu of External Commodity Logistics allow the setting of way points with commands for actions, hence I've been trying to use that, not the Internal one. The ship using CLS that is currently doing the job properly is using commands from the External Commodity menu.

How do you use the Internal Commodity Logistics to set ships to just ferry wares between 2 of your own stations?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 28. Apr 19, 21:55

Strange, Apprentice should not be able to trade with Dock. Note: CLS2 ignores WareManager.

CLS1 setup:
  1. Set homebase
  2. Start internal logistics
  3. Set ware(s) to haul
  4. Add Consumer
The homebase is automatically a Supplier.

The minimal setup is thus "between 2 of your stations".
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Mon, 29. Apr 19, 00:19

Assassin8edKING wrote:
Sun, 28. Apr 19, 14:09
1. @ factory complex: Load ware X to maximum cargo space.
2. @ player hq: unload ware X to maximum cargos pace.
As I recall, this part of CLS is conter-intuitive: the "unload up to" command fills the target to the specified amount. Instead of "transfer up to 500 units of ware from this ship to the target", it does "transfer units of ware from this ship to the target until the target has up to 500 units". Try to ignore that the "maximum cargo space" option sets the limit to the CLS ship's max cargo; you can manually set it higher.

Assassin8edKING

Post by Assassin8edKING » Mon, 29. Apr 19, 19:37

Oh Holy hell if all this is just down to poor use of the English language by the programmers I shall not be amused! Lol

I'm a very literal guy so took literally as it was written lol

Bugger.

I will try those settings this eve and report back, thanks to the both of you gents 🙏

Pizzalicious

Post by Pizzalicious » Thu, 12. Mar 20, 18:04

well i tried it and now it transports all of it's wares to the HQ.
now all that's left is to get alot of microchips

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”