SETA won't start - resolved

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

davidself1001

SETA won't start - resolved

Post by davidself1001 » Sun, 28. Oct 18, 21:25

Everything has been working fine for days but now my SETA won't start. When i hit j it just makes a growling noise but won't start. I had assigned some new joystick controls and thought that might be it but i reverted to the default and it sill doesn't work. I also started the process of setting up for modding. I downloaded the Plugin Manager Lite. I also have noticed that some of keys don't respond immediately. eg. when i press my . key for sector map sometimes i have to press it 4/5 times to get the map to open. Any thoughts?

pjknibbs
x4

Re: SETA won't start

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 28. Oct 18, 21:27

Most likely when you fiddled around with the joystick controls you inadvertently set one up that's sending a constant signal to the game, interrupting SETA and causing issues with keyboard responsiveness. If you unplug the joystick and everything reverts to normal then that's definitely the issue. Figuring out exactly what you did with the controls to cause this is another matter, though.

davidself1001

Re: SETA won't start

Post by davidself1001 » Sun, 28. Oct 18, 21:39

Just rebooted the PC and it started working again. Somehow (i noticed) that when i pressed any key it would repeat it until i released the key. Not sure how it got in that mode but reboot fixed. Thanks for your reply.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: SETA won't start - resolved

Post by radcapricorn » Sun, 28. Oct 18, 22:09

Are Windows sticky keys still a thing?

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Mon, 29. Oct 18, 05:32

radcapricorn wrote:
Sun, 28. Oct 18, 22:09
Are Windows sticky keys still a thing?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sticky_keys

You need to switch off that feature and you need to switch off switching on the feature, when you hit the same key 5 times in a row.

cu
Rainer

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Mon, 29. Oct 18, 11:26

RainerPrem wrote:
Mon, 29. Oct 18, 05:32
You need to switch off that feature and you need to switch off switching on the feature, when you hit the same key 5 times in a row.
"Are you sure that you're sure that you're sure?.." :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”