Xenon capital ships stopped spawning in the wrong sector

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Tue, 7. Aug 18, 00:40

My apologies; I missed the shady part when replying; however the general advice in my comment still stands: a (scripted) targetted ship may have left the sector in any direction
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

lhartvik
x4

Post by lhartvik » Tue, 7. Aug 18, 20:09

Alan Phipps wrote:Asking a probably silly question, but you didn't capture one of the Xenon capitals during the run of the mission and now have it proudly displayed in your Player sector? If so, you may have to destroy your own trophy ship to progress.
Aaaa You are onto something. It is possible that the spawning stopped as I coptured that one J in Segaris! Will try to kill it with fire (literal, searing hot IBL)

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 7. Aug 18, 21:29

You would lose profitsss! :teladi:

Sell the ship.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

lhartvik
x4

Post by lhartvik » Tue, 7. Aug 18, 22:02

lhartvik wrote:
Alan Phipps wrote:Asking a probably silly question, but you didn't capture one of the Xenon capitals during the run of the mission and now have it proudly displayed in your Player sector? If so, you may have to destroy your own trophy ship to progress.
Aaaa You are onto something. It is possible that the spawning stopped as I coptured that one J in Segaris! Will try to kill it with fire (literal, searing hot IBL)
Lol, I nuked my trophy J and seconds later, tons of questworthy ships in Segaris. And mission complete!

lhartvik
x4

Post by lhartvik » Tue, 7. Aug 18, 22:05

jlehtone wrote:You would lose profitsss! :teladi:

Sell the ship.
Oh dear. Oops

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 7. Aug 18, 22:11

Yeah, sorry for that. 'Destroy' was a generic gameplay term that can be achieved in a lot of different ways with varying discomforts and/or benefits for the player. I *think* that even just getting personally into the trophy ship and jumping to a UFJD sector and back *might* have done the trick.

Still, if you are capturing Xenon capitals already, you hardly need the extra money by this stage!
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Imgran

Post by Imgran » Wed, 8. Aug 18, 17:04

Technically, the Q is one of the fastest M7s, but I doubt it could sneak away.
OTAS -- it's like 42, the answer to life, the universe, and everything

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 8. Aug 18, 17:28

Imgran wrote:Technically, the Q is one of the fastest M7s, but I doubt it could sneak away.
When there are four beelining at you, they sure feel fast.

I have more than once entered a Terran sector and seen M1/M2 class ships at distance that have managed to hide out before I get to them through all the RRF that the Terrans greet me with. That is, if your focus is elsewhere, then things can happen.

Sadly, Q's rarely are in the "loiter off" mode, and mission guidance spoils the scanner range limitations.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”