Boarding attempt of the Aran in AP

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Wed, 22. Aug 18, 20:31

I'd prefer if they did a combination of the two games- make the first one easy to find then for subsequent Arans revert to the TC system in terms of frequency.

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Thu, 23. Aug 18, 02:48

Jimmy C wrote:From what I've heard, no one in AP has ever been able to find a second Aran after capturing the first one.
I believe you are right. In AP, a flag ("UFJD spawnplug") gets set once the player owns an Aran, preventing further spawns in the UFJD sector.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Sun, 26. Aug 18, 23:32

Jimmy C wrote:In AP you only get to capture the Aran once. It doesn't matter what you do with it afterwards, RE, sell, destroy or keep, you will not see another one in UFJD again.

I play for the long haul. So 8 days to RE then build a new Aran is acceptable.

I can't store all my maxed marines in TPs in the Aran. I'm filling up my 49th TP already.
That's what, 2000 marines/mercs? How much boarding did it take to pull that off? :lol:

I should do a head count of all my marines, my only rule was they had to be 50 or higher fight skill at the start.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Mon, 27. Aug 18, 11:25

Sovereign01 wrote:That's what, 2000 marines/mercs? How much boarding did it take to pull that off?
According to my statistics page, 1551. Not all of them had marines onboard though. And I only keep those that are better than half-trained already.

And no.50 is filling up nicely now.
I should do a head count of all my marines, my only rule was they had to be 50 or higher fight skill at the start.
Just open the Properties panel, switch to the Personnel tab. It lists all your marines, and shows a total number at the top. It's very useful for monitoring the progress of a boarding, so I look at it often.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Tue, 28. Aug 18, 02:43

I just did, I have 223 idle on ships and 123 in training for a total of 346. Since I've boarded plenty of Agamemnons & Hyperions I should focus on what other unbuyable ships are worth taking over... :twisted:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”