Question about CAGs co-ordinating with each other

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

minderbinder77

Question about CAGs co-ordinating with each other

Post by minderbinder77 » Tue, 26. Jun 18, 17:11

I know that CAGs (of the right level) from the same station won’t compete with each other for trades, but does this extend to CAGs from different stations?

For example, if I have CAGs with overlapping jump ranges that both need energy, will they co-ordinate with each other so that a CAG won’t waste time heading to an SPP when a CAG from another of my stations is already buying energy from that SPP?

Would the same principle apply to sales? For example, if I had two bakeries with overlapping jump ranges, would a CAG from one bakery take account of the fact that a CAG from another of my bakeries was already supplying a customer, so it would not waste time trying to sell cahoonas to the customer already being supplied by my other bakery?

I have a slightly convoluted CAG trading system in mind but it would depend on CAGs from different stations co-ordinating.

This is X3 TC btw, if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 26. Jun 18, 18:54

For what I could see, the CAG does store its "ID" on destination station while it is heading there. The other CAG can therefore check, whether a potential station currently has some "ID", and thus skip that destination for the next trade run.

In other words, they should not waste time.

Disclaimer: that's a long script.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

minderbinder77

Post by minderbinder77 » Wed, 27. Jun 18, 09:21

Excellent - thanks

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”