How to switch to ship in hangar quickly?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Hariwulf
xr

How to switch to ship in hangar quickly?

Post by Hariwulf » Sun, 8. Apr 18, 21:01

Let's say I have a MT.
Now, let's say I want to quickly jump to one of the fighters in the hangar of the MT.

Is there any way to do this without the need to run "ship menu", "landed ships", "advanced", "change ships"?
Is there any quick key to switch to a fighter?
Hariwulf

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 8. Apr 18, 22:13

Not really. You can bind a key to 'My Ship' then when you press that key in space and then 'l' (lower case L) you get to the list of docked ships. You still have to select the ship you want and then chose advanced, change ship (or press 'x'). So it is not really quicker and may be even more fiddly.

If you always fly the same TM with the same ships docked, and if your keyboard or mouse supports macros (or you use a macro app) then you can set up an external macro to do all the necessary key-presses for you.

Moving from Tech Sp to X Trilogy Universe (gameplay) forum.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Mon, 9. Apr 18, 05:36

Alan Phipps wrote:Not really. You can bind a key to 'My Ship' then when you press that key in space and then 'l' (lower case L) you get to the list of docked ships. You still have to select the ship you want and then chose advanced, change ship (or press 'x'). So it is not really quicker and may be even more fiddly.

If you always fly the same TM with the same ships docked, and if your keyboard or mouse supports macros (or you use a macro app) then you can set up an external macro to do all the necessary key-presses for you.

Moving from Tech Sp to X Trilogy Universe (gameplay) forum.
Hi,

I don't know about the English keymapping, but in German "My ship" is "z", so ship change is zlx; rather efficient.

cu
Rainer

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 9. Apr 18, 19:38

Not quite that simple, I think. In your controls version it would be 'z', 'l', select ship, advanced, 'x'/change ship.

In my vanilla EN game the 'Your Ship' hotkey was unbound and 'z' is the default key for slowing down your ship - but that might be from the classic controls profile option harking back to X2/X3:R days - I'm not sure about that though.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 9. Apr 18, 22:21

X3AP, en, not sure of the bindings:

Code: Select all

y
l
<Down>
<Enter>
x
This gets into top of the list ship. Rename ships to change the sort. Above the ships is "Command landed ships" entry. Hence the <Down>.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Hariwulf
xr

Post by Hariwulf » Mon, 9. Apr 18, 23:21

The faster way I found is: r (opens my property), mouse click on ship, x. Not too bad! :)

I can also go: y, l, mouse click, x. But is one extra step the other side of the keyboard. :/

I will definitely consider some macros implementation!
Hariwulf

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Tue, 10. Apr 18, 05:32

Alan Phipps wrote:Not quite that simple, I think. In your controls version it would be 'z', 'l', select ship, advanced, 'x'/change ship.

In my vanilla EN game the 'Your Ship' hotkey was unbound and 'z' is the default key for slowing down your ship - but that might be from the classic controls profile option harking back to X2/X3:R days - I'm not sure about that though.
Well, that's German vs. English/American Keyboard layout. "z" is the key between "t" and "u". That's "y" for you, "z" for me.

cu
Rainer

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”