Valhalla ?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Valhalla ?

Post by Bill Huntington » Fri, 6. Apr 18, 19:39

I've spent a lot of time in the Terran sectors and I've never seen a Valhalla. A review of the stats on this beast makes me wonder if the heavy guns it can carry might make up for its slow speed. The reload load on the guns is impressive too.

Any advice on finding a Valhalla?

How does it hold up in combat?
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 6. Apr 18, 19:45

Hi Bill. If you have done the relevant X3AP plot and have chosen to end the war then you won't see the ATF Valhalla any more (in vanilla). Same with the Argon Colossus Hauler. Is it listed with the ships you have previously encountered in the in-game encylopaedia?

If you do get a Valhalla then don't try to dock it or get it through a jumpgate or accelerator!
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

wathman00
x4

Post by wathman00 » Fri, 6. Apr 18, 20:04

It will show up in War sectors only, so as stated, if no more war, no more Valhallas.

As a ship, it's powerful, but not all that fun to fly. If you get a jump beacon you can have some fun by flying around in a scout, dropping the beacon, and then jumping in your surprise Valhalla.

Weapon wise, a lot of people find the commonwealth PPC superior to the Terran PSP due to the terrible rate of fire, and with the Valhalla, there are no other capital weapon choices.

DrSuperEvil
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by DrSuperEvil » Sat, 7. Apr 18, 10:56

Valhallas spawn in Circle of labour and Asteroid Belt dependent on the war state. They make good UFJD base ships but need a lot of Pandora tunings to have any decent speed. Weapon wise they are just a Tyr with a few more lasers on the rear top and bottom. The large size means there are blind spots though. Main strength of the Valhalla is as a carrier being able to carry 10 TS/M8/M6 ships along with 50 fighters. For general combat just use a Tyr and a Kyoto since the Valhalla has a lot of problems with collision in sector.

Le Boron Chétif
x3ap

Post by Le Boron Chétif » Mon, 9. Apr 18, 08:11

They make good UFJD base ships but need a lot of Pandora tunings to have any decent speed
Do you mean tuning them with UFJD-found tuning crates? This must take forever with a ship this slow... How far did you get yourself if I may ask?
:boron: Blub?

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Mon, 9. Apr 18, 08:53

Don't just go into UFJD with only the Valhalla. Bring along an M6 with a Tractor Beam and tow it along at 80ms.

DrSuperEvil
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by DrSuperEvil » Mon, 9. Apr 18, 14:59

For UFJD sectors I usually use my Kyoto (160m/s) since that does not need a jump beacon to go somewhere (Aran is also a good choice for overtuning other capital ships). I load up 4 TS+ ships using CLS so my main ship can do mining while 2 TMs scan asteroids and the carried M5s deploy a 5x5x5 adv. satellite grid (40km separation centred on the middle of the sector)(technically a 4x4x4 grid with a 20km cubic offset from the centre is enough but I like to be sure) to find crates. Once that is done I collect the satellites, load up the m5s into the TMs and then the TMs into the capital ship. I then use the TS ships to power a complex making asteroid killing missiles and adv. satellites.

As stated by Jimmy C you can tow really slow ships to the crates until they get faster.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”