Well, after 8 years it finally happened

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 25. Apr 18, 23:25

Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Fri, 27. Apr 18, 01:08

Thanks much! Was at the point of listening for pings when your pointer to the walkthrough came in. (Search for it turns up 0).

That last part was an OMG moment, but I think my solution I'll post on the walkthrough's thread. It was painless and fun to watch.

Got my HQ today too. :D. With so many Sec Traders and UT's to set a home base for I just set it in a peaceful sector I can get to by push E 3X. And I think it's digesting Trurelight Seeker at the moment...(Burp) :wink:
The answer to life, the universe and everything:
MIND THE GAP

DrSuperEvil
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by DrSuperEvil » Fri, 27. Apr 18, 13:03

Good for you. I personally prefer Savage Spur or Getsu Fune for PHQ construction.

Some players use dupe methods to gain more than one PHQ for mass production of ships.

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Sat, 28. Apr 18, 00:54

Thank's for the suggestions and help Doc.
Because somewhere I or the program screwed up.
I'd ran what I thought was a vanilla game.
It appears that I'm going to have to delete
the whole TC and reload taking out EVERYTHING
even close to mods or scripts because today I
checked my status and there at the bottom
appeared:

***modified***

Loading in past saves put be back to the very start of waiting for the HUB to start. Oh well. This time I'll keep a watch on that stat screen. And this time I know how take the udgrades to the freighters. So back to the HUB and the fervent desire to turn Bala Gi into sushi. Slowly. With a dull table knife...
:P
MIND THE GAP

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Sat, 28. Apr 18, 02:23

Sheese thats terrible. Antivirus is a common cause of mysterious modified games. But who knows, shouldn't be doing that in 2018 you would think.

Sorry to hear that because I know how tedious that plot can be.

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Sat, 28. Apr 18, 04:41

Antivirus? Okay that's easy. And 2018? I'm running X3TC on a Linux driven VM running Win XP Pro 64 bit. So the AVAST antivirus is more to keep Windows from nagging me. I dropped from Win 7 to XP 64 when nothing else played nice with my 3D graphics software.
I was thinking that modified flag showed up about the time I had a problem and had to reload the drive from a backup copy.
Just booted up X3TC right from 2.5 and just the updates and my save file loaded up and has no modified flag.

Thanks for telling me about the antivirus. :D :thumb_up:

Edit: After EVERY check of my stats brought up ***modified***
I did the total reload. Then even when I start a new game it says modified. No mods, but somethingthing I remebered from the posts struck me and I checked. There in the plugin manager it was in modified mode not vanilla mode. One change of that and a load of the old save at the point I'm waiting for the Hub fixed the problem. Since I didn't even start plugin manager I'm wondering what switched it and when. :? Wasn't on my part.
MIND THE GAP

DrSuperEvil
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by DrSuperEvil » Sat, 28. Apr 18, 23:47

Reinstall the game?

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Sun, 29. Apr 18, 12:02

Reintalled the game, but the problem was the Plugin Manager. It was in modified mode because it got loaded from a backup and I'd made the backup when I was trying to put my ships in the game. Hence it was in Modified Mode. Which makes even the startup give you that modified flag. I'd crashed the HDD right around the hub missions and reloaded from backups. All after that had modified tag even if I wasn't using the mods. Switch to Vanilla Mode solved the problem.
Should have hit me sooner that the Custom item on menu was showing. When I realized it was I checked my stats and saw that modified flag. Did a new backup of everything X3 in Vanilla. :thumb_up:
MIND THE GAP

DrSuperEvil
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by DrSuperEvil » Sun, 29. Apr 18, 13:48

So how much did you lose?

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Sun, 29. Apr 18, 14:38

Really it's more what I can gain. Rushed into the Hub a bit quick last time and now I'm taking my time. I'm just to the point of getting to Aldrin to find the Boron Angel with Bala Gi the mega mooch. :D
MIND THE GAP

Honved
x3tc

Post by Honved » Mon, 30. Apr 18, 19:24

BTW, if you do decide to take your frustrations out on the Boron ("You're about to suffer a few small cuts and bruises"), just be aware that they're called "Calamari", not "Sushi", at the end of the process. Continue the process to the same degree as the Hub plot, and it's 'Seafood Chowder".

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Mon, 30. Apr 18, 22:16

Caman, they are like smaller croc's. Saw them in S. America. Now supposedly Julien's with him and if I'm any judge will probably volunteer to hold the critter down while I... (After the Hub is finished of course.) Hhhhmmm.. Caman. Roasting on a spit turned over a slow fire.... (Tastes like chicken) :D
MIND THE GAP

DrSuperEvil
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by DrSuperEvil » Tue, 1. May 18, 13:40

Just turn Barren Shores and unknown Terran Sector 2 into self sustaining chip complexes and you will do fine.

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Tue, 1. May 18, 13:54

Thank's for the Barren Shores tip. Sector two was a gimme. You just HAD to figure out it and Alrin one were $Cha-Ching$ (Just have spend the effort scanning asteroids). :D :thumb_up:
MIND THE GAP

DrSuperEvil
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by DrSuperEvil » Tue, 1. May 18, 19:54

Aldrin has the ore surplus though meaning all the silicon there is best used making missiles and weapons. The Terran Unknown Sector 2 (Megnir) has a surplus of silicon compared to ore while Barren Shores is pure silicon.

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Tue, 1. May 18, 21:11

Guess you caught on to my going with factories for the chips/comps. Even with a great cash surplus my time was taken up going from place to place buying them last time. Complexes just make more sense I'm thinking now. Let haulers do the heavy lifting and those terran sectors are a puny jump or two away from the Hub site. My time is better spent keeping pirates off my ST's and UT's and racking up kills and caps. :twisted:
MIND THE GAP

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”