M7m? [x3tc]

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Fri, 23. Feb 18, 18:55

The Boron Thresher is hilariously fun. One charged blast from forward mounted IBL's kills most targets in one shot, and then you hold Q to spin the fly swatters and wipe out the fighters.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

KomitoDnB

Post by KomitoDnB » Fri, 23. Feb 18, 20:47

So I have 56 marines who, not including fighting, have 5 stars in everything except a few which still have 4 stars at 1 thing.

4 of them have 4 star fighting, 7 have 3 star fighting, 16 have 2 star fighting, the rest are 1/0 star fighting.

The time is almost near to conquer the universe MWUahuHAUauAa!

Are all training posts equal in training or do some work faster than others?

It's weird, before I began the SETA run to train all these guys I had about 12 universal traders, now I only have 5 left, but they are making the same amount of money per hour(roughly).

You would think having more traders would make money faster, but it doesn't really...

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 23. Feb 18, 21:02

It depends. If all your UTs are pretty much clustered together then they are competing amongst themselves for the best trades rather than all operating efficiently in parallel in different areas.

Also threats to UTs are obviously concentrated in particular areas and you hope your high level UT pilots have the skills to avoid those. (The stupid/untrained ones sometimes die pretty early on.)

Marine training sources are just about equal - insofar as the RNG will affect the length/effectiveness of each training course for each marine.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Post by Bill Huntington » Sat, 24. Feb 18, 04:19

Good point about the Thresher, Triaxx2. Yea, it almost kills a Q with the first shot. But it doesn't have anything for a second shot. And the Q eats it one way or another when it doesn't.

TC/AP is great because there's different ways to do the same thing. The Split generally slash and burn with speed and minimum shields (Mamba). The Teladi get there slow but their shields keep them in it (Falcon and Kea). A player can find the ship or style that suits him or her.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sat, 24. Feb 18, 21:25

Yeah, but at the same time, flying a Boron birdie, I'm always carrying missiles, so I've typically shot a few Firestorms or Hammerheads at it unless I'm waiting near a gate.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 28. Feb 18, 23:13

KomitoDnB wrote:...
It's weird, before I began the SETA run to train all these guys I had about 12 universal traders, now I only have 5 left, but they are making the same amount of money per hour(roughly).

You would think having more traders would make money faster, but it doesn't really...
What you're most likely seeing is that 12 low level UT's make the same as 5 high level UT's. Add more high level UT's and you'll see more profits. They do get better with age (experience :wink: ).
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”