Introduce myself, my status in-game, a wee story and a question

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

KomitoDnB

Introduce myself, my status in-game, a wee story and a question

Post by KomitoDnB » Sun, 18. Feb 18, 20:42

Hey, if you're reading this, hope you are well :)

I've came to these forums many times over the years but never actually bothered to register or post anything, I guess because my visits were always looking for advice and there were always lots of posts answering my queries... So, a huge thanks for that! You people are very helpful!

I 1st played X3TC about 7 years ago a friend at work gave me his copy and instantly got hooked, i've played X3TC twice before but never got into it as much as I have this time :)

So started playing again with the Humble Merchant start, done the usual sell the Mercury / pimp up the Discoverer, then a bunch of missions to rack up some credits to start trading.

As of this post, i've got 38 ships, 5 satellites, 8 stations and about 160m credits and travelled to 138 sectors.

Ships:

1xTL
21xTS
2xTP
3xM3
11xM5

Stations:

These are all setup in the Ore Belt and supply each other very well:

Cahoona Bakery L alpha
Cattle Ranch L alpha
Crystal Fab L alpha
Particle Accelerator Cannon Forge alpha
Silicon Mine alpha
Silkworm Missile Factory alpha
Solar Power Plant XL alpha
Tractor Beam Factory alpha*

*I only built this because I screwed up the placement of the silkworm missile factory which got in the way of the docking at the solar power plant XL, I had to do about 4 missions in Paranid space to get the reputation needed to buy the Tractor Beam Factory as it was quicker than doing the Plot stuff to buy one, 24 in-game hours for one cycle though, ouch!

Ranks / Reputations:

Combat - Professional 65%
Trade - Master Industrialist 21%

Argon Protector of the Federation [L] 95%
Boron Queen's Protectorate 60%
Spit Family Protector 84%
Paranid Friend of Emperor 28%
Teladi Company Manager 15%
Goner Believer 13%
ATF Mercury Access 0%
Terran Warrior of Io 7%

The last thing I done(lol):

Couple days ago while setting up my stations I accidentally bought the Cahoona Bakery M instead of the L, I didn't have enough firepower to quickly blow it up, so I thought hey! Why not stick it in the Xenon Sector 598 and surely they will blow it up!

So I jumped right in with my Elephant TL, dodged the Xenon M7's, got to roughly the middle of the sector and dropped that bad boy then legged it back out!

Did it work? Nope :(

I guess I placed it bang in the middle of their patrols or something and they just ignored it or couldn't see it?

So I just jumped in with one of my M3 fighters led them as close as I could, docked at my station, waited like 5 minutes then I got the warning "Warning! One of your factories is under attack!" It's pretty cynical but hilarious how I got this mad rush of excitement and happiness as my station and crew were about to meet certain doom!

I was actually rolling while this happened, by the time my hands were free and I jumped to the controls so I could undock then jump out the shield of the factory was already fried and the hull was down to about 60% i've never hit Escape - Enter - Shift+J - O O O - Enter as fast in my life while screaming DON'T LET ME DIE WITH MY PLEBS!!!

Lmao, my jumpdrive was only at 20% when everything above my ship just flashed and went KABOOM! I thought, omg i'm gonna die!

I don't know how my ship didn't explode being so close to the exploding factory but obviously someone in the X3 universe was looking down on me, I didn't even use SETA I just let the timer run out it was so intense lol, then I saw the tunnel appear and actually let out a single, ridiculously loud clap and done a sorta double fist pump lol...

So yeah, that's why I love this game, it makes me involuntary jump about in my chair with these intense moments lol.

No longer shall I have to look at those annoying flashing words :D

So yeah, i'm working towards getting my self the Boreas M2 then cap the Hyperion M6+ so I can use it as my main ship.

I'm doing the Terran plot as well so I can get access to the shipyard at The Moon.

Soon, I shall conquer the universe, ha, mu ha, MWUhauAHUuahUHAUhaAAahUAuhauhUAa!!!

Oh, and yeah, the question, how do you get to the Kha'ak Sectors?

Edit - All this while watching the BSG series as well, it's been a good week :)

Also, this time I thought about playing with a joystick which I didn't have last time I played, playing with the joystick & keyboard at the same time makes the game so much better...

The joystick is excellent for combat, my keyboard sits directly behind it, when using my TL I can actually go full speed, hit SETA and fly around as hard as I want with my TL in SETA, unfortunately the joystick cancels SETA with my other ships, but I just use mouse follow mode + SETA for that as long as you move it carefully it doesn't cancel :)

https://i.imgur.com/kjdFTDA.jpg

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 18. Feb 18, 22:20

The only way to visit Kha'ak space in X3TC is via the Operation Final Fury mission sequence, which starts in Omicron Lyrae if I recall correctly. Their sectors are not part of the normal gate network so you can't travel there in the normal course of events.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 18. Feb 18, 22:45

Doesn't the Owner's Manual to Factories and Vessels mention a big red button hidden on the control room of every Station and Ship that has a friendly text on it?

Something like:
Don't Panic
or
Self Destruct / Do Not Press

I'm sure its use is just as easy to explain in the insurance claims as the "I had no idea I was building in Xenon-controlled space." :x3:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

RainerPrem
x4

Re: Introduce myself, my status in-game, a wee story and a question

Post by RainerPrem » Mon, 19. Feb 18, 05:27

KomitoDnB wrote: ...

I don't know how my ship didn't explode being so close to the exploding factory

Hi,

since nobody else bothered to do it: A heartily welcome to our friendly community.

I can't remember ever been damaged by an exploding station/ship in the vicinity. I was rather astonished when that happened in XR for the first time.

cu
Rainer

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Mon, 19. Feb 18, 07:07

Welcome!

In TC I don't think exploding ships/stations do any damage. Big flash though...very impressive from right up close.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Hemmingfish

Re: Introduce myself, my status in-game, a wee story and a question

Post by Hemmingfish » Mon, 19. Feb 18, 07:33

KomitoDnB wrote:Couple days ago while setting up my stations I accidentally bought the Cahoona Bakery M instead of the L, I didn't have enough firepower to quickly blow it up, so I thought hey! Why not stick it in the Xenon Sector 598 and surely they will blow it up!

So I jumped right in with my Elephant TL, dodged the Xenon M7's, got to roughly the middle of the sector and dropped that bad boy then legged it back out!

Did it work? Nope :(

I guess I placed it bang in the middle of their patrols or something and they just ignored it or couldn't see it?
Had this happen to me when I was stationbombing Xenon capital ships for fun. A couple of my wheat farms (cheap ammo) survived the impact and now they've been living in Xenon space perfectly safe ever since.

I don't have the heart to selfdestruct them.

Your enthusiasm is contagious. It's always fun to hear about someone's exploits in the game.

KomitoDnB

Post by KomitoDnB » Mon, 19. Feb 18, 12:08

pjknibbs wrote:The only way to visit Kha'ak space in X3TC is via the Operation Final Fury mission sequence, which starts in Omicron Lyrae if I recall correctly. Their sectors are not part of the normal gate network so you can't travel there in the normal course of events.
Ah, right, thanks! I'm on like mission 6 of the Terran plot so least i'm getting closer!

Thanks for the welcomes :)

Joe McCracken
x3tc

Post by Joe McCracken » Mon, 19. Feb 18, 20:19

One thing I like to do is build a Chip Plant in Xenon Sector 347, near the West gate. I always put two blocks of Lasertowers, 50 each, top and bottom, near it with one Advanced Sat each. Then assign Three trade ships to it. I like to sit near it and watch the fireworks. (And collect the booty, of course.)
I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun, hide in the asteroids and laugh at what I done, put a blood blister upon each bun, I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun.
Some people are like slinkies, not worth a whole lot, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”