Gerbil Protection League demands reinforced structural integrity

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sat, 10. Mar 18, 08:16

Hank001 wrote:Starting to like this towed mine idea. Does the game catch on? Or is it something that slips past the games cop AIs?
That's an interesting question that I can't answer from knowledge, but I'll speculate. Collisions generally are viewed as your responsibility (which does frequently seem unfair) so I'm guessing you're gonna take the blame if you plow your mine into things.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Joe McCracken
x3tc

Post by Joe McCracken » Sat, 10. Mar 18, 08:23

I would be interested in seeing if anyone else has the same result as me with the Niv 'roids in scale plate green. I haven't tried it in any of the other sectors that have Niv 'roids. I suppose I should try it to see if there is a difference.
I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun, hide in the asteroids and laugh at what I done, put a blood blister upon each bun, I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun.
Some people are like slinkies, not worth a whole lot, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sat, 10. Mar 18, 09:59

I haven't tried it out...hip deep in another game ATM...but it would surprise me quite a bit if Niv rocks react differently in different sectors. Anything is possible, but...
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

DrSuperEvil
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by DrSuperEvil » Sat, 10. Mar 18, 13:10

I personally use a Kyoto loaded with Hayabusas using CLS for mining debris fields. It can collect about 56k space worth of minerals an hour just by ramming the rocks.

Asteroids respawn after 72 hours but if a mine is placed on them they do not respawn (so protect your mines at all costs and never waste an asteroid with a small mine).

You can tow your own mines without consequence but it counts as an attack against NPC mines so will periodically drain rep. It is good to move NPC stations to block jump gates.

If you want to use stations as wrecking balls use small wheat farms and place them inside your target station and then use the tractor beam to twist.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”