Any Benefit with the License ?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Any Benefit with the License ?

Post by Bill Huntington » Fri, 26. Jan 18, 05:24

I usually buy the License with each race but I'm wondering if it's worth anything. Okay, early in the game there's a small bounty. In the Assassin start, the Teladi License helps stop the bounty hunters in some games but not in others. I've used it a benchmark for my status with a race: License Level. But is there any real benefit to having it?

Have any pilots noted any special treatment or benefit if you have their License?
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

RainerPrem
x4

Re: Any Benefit with the License ?

Post by RainerPrem » Fri, 26. Jan 18, 05:43

Bill Huntington wrote:I usually buy the License with each race but I'm wondering if it's worth anything. Okay, early in the game there's a small bounty. In the Assassin start, the Teladi License helps stop the bounty hunters in some games but not in others. I've used it a benchmark for my status with a race: License Level. But is there any real benefit to having it?

Have any pilots noted any special treatment or benefit if you have their License?
Scanning other ships is illegal without license. For me that means a) Scanning missions and b) Scanning the target pre-boarding.

cu
Rainer

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 26. Jan 18, 08:33

Yeah, there are certain missions that you can't legally do without a police licence for the race in question. The bounty you get for destroying enemies is not worth worrying about--by the time you're in a position to take down ships that have some value, the bounty is a drop in the ocean.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 26. Jan 18, 18:17

Had to check ingame stats: 26.5 days; 11.6 mil in bounty; 1 smuggler caught. Peanuts.

Innocent scanning is worth it, IMHO. :pirat:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”