Pilot Training

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Luftmann
x3ap

Pilot Training

Post by Luftmann » Wed, 3. Jan 18, 21:10

Is there a way to train a ship's pilot like marines?

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Wed, 3. Jan 18, 21:14

Vanilla pilots? No. CLS and CAG pilots rank up as they fly and get better.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

AleksMain
x3tc

Re: Pilot Training

Post by AleksMain » Wed, 3. Jan 18, 21:26

Luftmann wrote:Is there a way to train a ship's pilot like marines?
Actually with Trade Command Software MK3 you can train Sector and Universal Trader pilots.

"As the Pilot levels up, he gains new abilities, and is given a new title. This includes purchasing new equipment for his ship, or gaining the ability to operate over a wider area"

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Wed, 3. Jan 18, 22:12

Incidentally, CLS/CAG pilots placed in combat ships DO get some (minor) new abilities. I like to put them in M8s, sometimes (I would use them more extensively in other types of combat ships, but I find them too valuable doing the things they're good at - moving wares around.)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Luftmann
x3ap

Post by Luftmann » Sat, 6. Jan 18, 18:11

Thanks guys.
Next Q: Where do I get pilots?

The Q
Pancake Award Winner 2017

Post by The Q » Sat, 6. Jan 18, 18:20

The enter your remote controlled ships automatically, once you start the respective commands on them. Note that for CLS / CAG your ships have to be docked to stations, so that the pilots can enter your ship.
Morkonan, Emperor of the Unaffiliated Territories of the Principality of OFF-TOPIC, wrote:I have come to answer your questions! The answers are "Yes" and "Probably" as well as "No" and "Maybe", but I'm not sure in which order they should be given.
xkcd: Duty calls

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sat, 6. Jan 18, 19:41

RAVEN.myst wrote:Incidentally, CLS/CAG pilots placed in combat ships DO get some (minor) new abilities. I like to put them in M8s, sometimes (I would use them more extensively in other types of combat ships, but I find them too valuable doing the things they're good at - moving wares around.)
I put pilots in all my ships, just for effect if nothing else. Most of them never advance beyond apprentice as traders, but their name is on the ship as pilot instead of mine being everywhere.

I've even played with a self-imposed "no pilotless ships" requirement, which meant that I had to leave my own ship in the hands of her pilot (if you have activated a cls pilot you take over when you board the ship but when you eject it goes back to them) and fly captured ships myself until I could get them docked somewhere and get the software to hire a pilot installed. Put a serious crimp in the harvesting of freighters.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sat, 6. Jan 18, 20:10

Timsup2nothin wrote:I've even played with a self-imposed "no pilotless ships" requirement
I like this, thanks! :) (You know me and self-imposed rules, heheh...) I'm going to take this all the way (ie. max-level, or at least jump-capable, pilots) and see how it affects ships other than M8s (these, in case I didn't mention it above, enjoy having CLS2, as it allows them to rearm themselves without needing a base - M7Ms could do the same, though at MOs only, of course.)
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

Luftmann
x3ap

Post by Luftmann » Sat, 6. Jan 18, 22:17

I'm not getting how to do that. I have two ships that came with pilots and I have been docking my other ships on various stations, but no pilots.
What commands are you referring to? I can "Move Pilots" but nothing on my remotes.
Thanks for your help.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sun, 7. Jan 18, 00:07

When you start a Commerical Agent or Commodity Logistics command for the first time on a particular ship, it has to be docked at a station. It will then get a beginner pilot, of the race belonging to the sector that the ship is in.
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

Luftmann
x3ap

Post by Luftmann » Sun, 7. Jan 18, 05:00

I have never seen those choices. Is this for X3:TC?
Do I need some sort of prerequisite?
I'm also having problems with dropping a station cmd.
I dropped 2 already, now cmd disabled.
Thanks.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sun, 7. Jan 18, 08:03

Luftmann wrote:I have never seen those choices. Is this for X3:TC?
Yes, and not just X3TC (but if that's what you're playing, it's present there)
Luftmann wrote: Do I need some sort of prerequisite?
For starters, Bonus Pack from EgoSoft needs to be installed. Then, depending on whether you want CAG (Commercial Agent) or CLS (Commodity Logistics), you will need to have both trade command softwares, and/or Commodity Logistics Software, Navigation Command Software (needed for both), and a homebase assigned to your freighter (needed for CAG and CLS1, optional for CLS2.) The commands then appear in the command console in the Trade section.
Luftmann wrote: I'm also having problems with dropping a station cmd.
I dropped 2 already, now cmd disabled.
I'm sorry, I don't understand your question (maybe I need coffee) - could you rephrase it, please?
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 7. Jan 18, 10:59

If the drop station special command is greyed out, this can be due to either of the following reasons:
1. Your TL class ship doesn't have any station construction kits aboard.
2. You're not in the same sector as your TL class ship. Station construction doesn't work if you're in a different sector.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Luftmann
x3ap

Post by Luftmann » Sun, 7. Jan 18, 20:03

That was it for both issues! Thanks a bunch guys!
Sometimes the forum is better than a manual.
I would still pay good money for a concise manual.
Are you listening Egosoft? :wink:

The Q
Pancake Award Winner 2017

Post by The Q » Sun, 7. Jan 18, 20:09

Morkonan, Emperor of the Unaffiliated Territories of the Principality of OFF-TOPIC, wrote:I have come to answer your questions! The answers are "Yes" and "Probably" as well as "No" and "Maybe", but I'm not sure in which order they should be given.
xkcd: Duty calls

Luftmann
x3ap

Post by Luftmann » Sun, 7. Jan 18, 21:07

Thank you!
When I was reading the reviews, a lot of people were complaining that there were no manuals.
So I accepted it as such.
It still didn't put me off though, obviously.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Sun, 7. Jan 18, 23:36

Almost all scripts from Lucike (creator of CAG and CLS) rely on personel that can level up. His carrier software Codea allows fighter pilots on carriers/TM to level up as well, which gives them slight boost to manuevability and allows you to put them in capital ships as captains.
It's a lot more fun than having 'robots'...
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”