[X3AP] Fixing Split reputation

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Irrehaare
x3ap

Post by Irrehaare » Mon, 18. Dec 17, 12:59

So finally, I'm a Split Comrade ATM, and growing fast. Should anyone else find this thread, this is what I learned:

-killing Xenon in Zyarth's Dominion would be awesome, if you could avoid RRF, but becouse of those Raptor and Vipers it's nearly impossible,
-the most effective way I found was killing Boron in Split sectors: Wretched Skies and Thuruk's Beard, pirates will do to if you don't care about their rep and can find them,
-traders which deployed drones were most helpful, since thanks to them you could repair around 7 or 8% of that lowest rank 'at once', while single ships seemed to give 1,5%, which still was important too,
-obiously I had to go back to Boron from time to time and repair rep with them; I did it every time when my rank with them fell to Noble Peer,
-once you get out of that lowest rank and become Enemy of Rhonkar (instead of Enemy of All Families) you can start doing missions for split on foreign races stations. I had most luck when searching for those in NE map corner, Hilla's Joy and stuff. You can do easy missions, but single hard or very hard mission should jump you to level 0 (Split Creature 50%).
-once you can enter their core sectors you still have to go around and do some apologising, since some entities will remain enemy:
--ships: comm them and say sorry, try again if it doesn't work at first try; some pilots are stubborn, but shooting down an M4 shouldn't be that much of a problem now,
--stations: unfortunately you'll have to hack them, altough there shouldn't be to many of them and it should be cheap,
--lasertowers: should switch automatically once you leave a sector where you found them, but if they don't, there is a problem, since shooting them may turn a station against you. Luckily, you already know how to deal with station ;) EDIT: Check out post below, I wasnt exactly right

Big thanks for all responses!!!
Last edited by Irrehaare on Mon, 18. Dec 17, 14:42, edited 3 times in total.
“A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.”

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Mon, 18. Dec 17, 13:09

Irrehaare wrote: --lasertowers should switch automatically once you leave a sector where you found them, but if they don't, there is a problem, since shooting them may turn a station against you. Luckily, you already know how to deal with station
This being X3AP, here's how to deal with those lasertowers: drop a satellite in its sector, leave the sector, and then look into the sector map - the LT should flip to blue; if it doesn't, it simply means more schmoozing is required, and/or as mentioned above, its host station is still red. (This method also works for most ships, including pirates, so long as they're on the fence in terms of relations; it doesn't work in X3TC.)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Irrehaare
x3ap

Post by Irrehaare » Mon, 18. Dec 17, 14:38

My bad, I didn't notice that dropping satellite is required, I always do it anyway.
“A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.”

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Mon, 18. Dec 17, 15:02

I don't think it has to be a satellite, but I'm not sure - and since I, too, always drop satellites so I can see what's going on, that's the proverbial stone with the two bird silhouettes painted on its nosecone. :P
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Tue, 19. Dec 17, 05:28

RAVEN.myst wrote:I don't think it has to be a satellite, but I'm not sure - and since I, too, always drop satellites so I can see what's going on, that's the proverbial stone with the two bird silhouettes painted on its nosecone. :P
Hi,

it's enough to have any asset in that sector, which can see the tower.

cu
Rainer

AleksMain
x3tc

Post by AleksMain » Mon, 25. Dec 17, 15:29

Irrehaare wrote:So finally, I'm a Split Comrade ATM, and growing fast. Should anyone else find this thread, this is what I learned:

-killing Xenon in Zyarth's Dominion would be awesome, if you could avoid RRF, but because of those Raptor and Vipers it's nearly impossible,
-the most effective way I found was killing Boron in Split sectors: Wretched Skies and Thuruk's Beard, pirates will do to if you don't care about their rep and can find them,
X3 Albon Prelude vanilla version 2.5.2 (I had not updated it, since I like this version and I not need CLS or any other features).

Start scenario Unholy Traitor

I have used different method, to increase reputation among Split, since I prefer to avoid fight with friendly races.
Reputation among Split was Enemy of the All Split Families 3%.

Since I could not buy Cobra (M7M), I bought Astraeus Hauler(M7).

I tried to trade with split.

So, I built following complex in the sector Mines of Fortune (bought 1 Mammoth and 2 Mistral Super Freighters to do it) :

Quantity Station
1 Boron Solar Power Plant XL
2 Argon Crystal Fab L
3 Argon Cahoona Bakery L
3 Argon Cattle Ranch L
1 Argon Silicon Mine L (yield 72)
2 Argon Shield Production Facility 1MJ

Cost of it 48,072,040 Cr

Ore I bought from nearby Telady Ore Mines, since reputation among Paranid is bad too and my pilot can't buy Tractor Beam from Paranid's factory and can't tow own Ore Mine to my complex.

As side note:
Near my complex exist Pirate base (red) since very beginning.
And I have not any problems with pirates.

As soon as my complex Produced 12 Shields, Split merchant bought them and ... reputation among Split almost does not changed (by 1% only after next 12 shields sold to Split).

Reputation among Split was Enemy of the All Split Families 4%.

Next I tried other method:
I had accepted battle missions to kill enemies of the Split in the Split sectors (I did it before too, but those were at other sectors).

One of the best missions was patrol to Ghinn's Escape mission through:
Teladi Sector - Home of Opportunity and Split Sectors:
Family Tkr,
Tkr's Deprivation,
Ghinn's Escape.

In every sector I had to kill 2 Xenon groups, consisting of Xenon P, few Xenon L, few Xenon M and 4-5 Xenon N.

Each killed Xenon P brought me up to 26% of Enemy of the All Split Families rank.

Next I had done assassination mission and Killed Terran Yokohama (4,102,224 Cr woth) in the Split sector,
then yet one Terran Yokohama in the Family Whi (for next assassination mission).

--------------------
Result:
Current ranks:
Split Privilaged Associate of Rhonar 45 %
Argon Hero of Federation 17 %
Boron King's Protectorate 1 %
Teladi Company Director 6 %
Paranid enemy of Priest Xaar 4 %
Terran Insurgent 71 %

More, my pilot has about 32 million Cr (including cash from sold by complex shields).

Flying 1 day and 17 hours

I have screenshots for above events of the game.

Complex and Pirate base

Fight with Xenon P

Fight with Terran Yokohama

Result

Most interesting for me is to see red Pirate Base surrounded by 4 Pirate laser towers near my Complex and fight with Xenon P near Split Elephant and its fighters (all red - enemies to my Astraeus Hauler(M7).

Also I used HEPTs only on Astraeus Hauler to kill any enemy (including Terran Yokohama).

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”