What's up with pirates?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Fri, 15. Dec 17, 21:09

Nanook wrote:
RAVEN.myst wrote:...
Trade Command Software Mk.3 I don't use. Ever. At all. I think that's about the only Bonus Pack item I don't use. All in all, I consider the BP an essential toolbox.
TCS Mk3 hasn't been part of the bonus pack since X2. It's part of the base game for Reunion, TC and AP. Just to clarify. :wink:
Ah, thanks :) (BP is part of my game installation procedure - I haven't so much as seen the game not wearing it since... ever! Well, except once when I installed the BP to the wrong folder... What a noob! :S ) In that case, there seems to be not a single thing in the BP that I don't use :D
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Sat, 16. Dec 17, 09:15

My general, semi-immersive pirate base finding method is to check the flight info on a bunch of npc traders and couriers. Sometimes they will announce a pirate base and sector on their flight plan. You can head to that sector to search for it, or set a ship to follow the trader and eventually uncover the base. If you have an asset in the Duke's HQ sector, pulling up their owned ship list is a quick way to find traders heading to pirate bases.

Joe McCracken
x3tc

Post by Joe McCracken » Mon, 1. Jan 18, 06:07

The scanning pirates thing still works in AP. I do it all the time.

It will not work on the ones that launch out of pirate bases that have space fuel or weed in the leader. They are just :evil: to everyone.
I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun, hide in the asteroids and laugh at what I done, put a blood blister upon each bun, I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun.
Some people are like slinkies, not worth a whole lot, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Mon, 1. Jan 18, 07:56

@Joe McCracken: Hey, thanks for that - good to know! :)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”