Sector planner 1.5

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Trevelvis
xr

Sector planner 1.5

Post by Trevelvis » Thu, 3. Aug 17, 13:01

I am starting this game X2 The Threat after many many years (starting here to go through all games onward) problem being you can't get half the things to guide you anymore. The one I really would like is the Sector Trader 1.5 but he link is dead. Is it available by anyone else or is LordSuch the only one, Thanks

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Fri, 4. Aug 17, 01:29

Firstly, I'd like to wish you an enjoyable journey - every couple of years I do what you're embarking upon (at first, I also used to start at X2, but eventually I got my claws on X:BtF and X-T, and now they get included on these nostalgia tours.)

Secondly, as far as sector trading goes, you can get that functionality by installing Trade Command Software Mk.3, which is available from Teladi equipment docks and the Terracorp HQ in Home of Light. You will need to install the All In One Bonus Package that is available in the downloads section of this website. (I don't know the version of Sector Trader that you refer to - it may well be that the one in the Bonus Pack is not exactly the same, but the functionality should be at least similar.)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 4. Aug 17, 18:04

RAVEN.myst wrote:(I don't know the version of Sector Trader that you refer to)
He doesn't. That is an obvious typo.

Sector Planner is/was an utility program for X2 that knew the NPC station content of X-Universe and the user could add player stations. You would then easily see the surplus and shortage, as well as the effect of your construction plans. The X2 had no GoD to fluctuate NPC economy and there were localized exploitable shortages. The Planner was thus viable and quite accurate number cruncher/optimizer.

@Trevelvis: websearch with LordSuch Sector Planner might give some hits (although trustworthiness and legality are uncertain).
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Trevelvis
xr

Post by Trevelvis » Sun, 6. Aug 17, 12:49

There doesn't seem to be a Sector Planner that works anymore as all seem to be dead links. When I played x2 in the past, Lord Such's Sector planer was a great help to planning your factories in what sector that needed them most. A great loss.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”