Super-sized complexes - without the LAG - for all

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

bounty_hunter66
x4

Post by bounty_hunter66 » Thu, 15. Jun 17, 09:04

How are you supposed to build like this?

Considering the fact that Complex Hubs have the extremely retarded tendency to misplace themselves when you build them too close to any object because they think they interfere with other collision boxes or whatever, but they aren't even remotely close to begin with(unlike normal stations witch do not give a damn where they are placed and can even be overlapped/stacked)

And considering the 20km maximum range for connections.

I'm having the most difficult time to build a measly 33 station complex with this method. Each time I connect Hubs, the next Hubs that will contain X^2 stations are farther and farther apart and go beyond the 20km range.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Fri, 16. Jun 17, 01:06

The last hub you connect to will become the only hub for that plex. If building plexes, by all means connect them with hubs if necessary but then leave the last connection to the plex (your trade dock) until.. last!
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Fri, 16. Jun 17, 01:16

bounty_hunter66 wrote:How are you supposed to build like this?

Considering the fact that Complex Hubs have the extremely retarded tendency to misplace themselves when you build them too close to any object because they think they interfere with other collision boxes or whatever, but they aren't even remotely close to begin with(unlike normal stations witch do not give a damn where they are placed and can even be overlapped/stacked)

And considering the 20km maximum range for connections.

I'm having the most difficult time to build a measly 33 station complex with this method. Each time I connect Hubs, the next Hubs that will contain X^2 stations are farther and farther apart and go beyond the 20km range.
I recommend building in a structured matrix, and ideally somewhat flat - if you are not deep in one of the three dimensions, you will have plenty of space in reserve. I've built plexes with 64 and more stations this way, no problem. Keep in mind that when you link two hubs, the first one you select will be the one that stays, the second one selected will connect to it. This way, you can easily predict where your resultant hubs will be. When you do the "real" one (last, as Snafu pointed out), you choose it out of the two remaining hubs, and then link the other to it. However, I suggest selecting the "true" hub's location early, so that you can plan accordingly.

To stay within the requisite maximum distance, try to end up with a sort of regular alternating pattern of hubs (sorry, I can't really explain it better than that, at least not until I've slept :P ) - you end up with something almost resembling a caterpillar (depending on your 'plex layout), and then you join pairs of "legs" to each other, and then join those links to each other.

Best of luck!
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

RXJ32-11
xr

Re: Super-sized complexes - without the LAG - for all

Post by RXJ32-11 » Mon, 11. Apr 22, 18:06

The link (THE DOWNLOADS (Benchmarks.txt, 24 save files for benchmarking Albion Prelude complexes) ) is offline. Can you reupload the files, please? Thank you for investing so much time in this complex issue.
Der PC rechnet mit allem, nur nicht mit seinem Besitzer.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”