X3TC / X3AP Patch 2015

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Sat, 27. Aug 16, 06:36

Ovni wrote:
Graaf wrote:Well, getting rid of the absurd lack of comm-range and implementing a system-wide BBS would be a good solution.
Personally immersion-wise I prefer the X2 way of having to dock at a station to consult the local sector's BBS. But what you suggest would work fine as well.
So do I. However X3 doesn't have internal docking.
The best way would be to have internal docking and system-wide BBS. But that is not a viable option for this patch.

Ovni
xr

Post by Ovni » Sat, 27. Aug 16, 12:09

I'd like to see improvements to the ability to do stuff while in SETA. While going through huge sectors I want to target stuff and check out things along the way, but it's way to easy to disable SETA, by accidental mouse movement or some other commands. An option to leave it active unless you press a specific key would be perfect.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sat, 27. Aug 16, 14:31

Ovni wrote:Personally immersion-wise I prefer the X2 way of having to dock at a station to consult the local sector's BBS. But what you suggest would work fine as well.
I wouldn't have minded how it worked in X2... were it not for the fact that many missions required you to be piloting a specific ship type before you could accept the mission. As a result, I could only ever accept a fraction of the missions I would have liked to because it was usually impossible to get the correct ship type over to the station before the mission timed out.
In TC/AP, at least you had extra time to make preparations due to being able to com the station and seeing what missions were offered from 25km away and without docking.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Thu, 1. Sep 16, 01:50

Honved wrote:I don't think I want to play Cursed Ghost's ideal version of the game. While some rebalancing would be a good thing, gutting the game mechanics to do something which I can't see ever working as intended seems like a disaster in the making.
+1

On another topic: regarding the 25km comms range (which is obviously very silly in any sort of "realism" sense - but perhaps it's not about the physics, but about regulations/laws), I would like to see something a bit more interesting than the simple abolition of the range limit proposed by some folks - instead, I propose a system whereby a player's property objects could relay the signal - no range limit of comms to own ships (as is effectively already the case, including with hired TLs), but the current 25km radius applied both around the player-ship and the relaying object. Perhaps the types of objects able to carry out the relay could be limited - satellites certainly, and perhaps capital ships. Alternatively, other ships could also be allowed to act as relays depending on their scanner level. Ultimately, there could be a dedicated ship equipment item (purchaseable perhaps only from the "secret" installations, and a couple of other select locations, possibly) that enables relaying on the ship it's installed on - but I'm sure this would be beyond the scope of a mere patch. (Just thinking "out loud" here, as it were...)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Morndenkainen

If you're still patching.

Post by Morndenkainen » Wed, 7. Sep 16, 01:56

I dont know if you guys are ever going to do another update, but if you do, PLEASE fix the pathing and collisions for the ships. I have to play a patched/MODDED version of the game because I kept loosing fighters due to collisions. It really sucks to start a new game, build up a fleet, and watch $100,000,000 worth of fighters explode trying to dock or go through a jump gate.

UnknownObject
x4

Post by UnknownObject » Sun, 25. Sep 16, 09:50

When I send marines to a ship in the war sectors, they reach it, I jump out and the war state is updated, the ship disappears with all of the marines. Fix it, please.

Just write, please: will the patch be released definitely? If you have decided, of course.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sun, 25. Sep 16, 11:33

Despite the long time that has passed since this request for ideas was posted, the possibility of us making use of some of those ideas is very much still alive and kicking. We don't yet have a firm decision to share with you, however, regarding what form that might take or when it might happen.

pr0nflakes
x4

Post by pr0nflakes » Sun, 25. Sep 16, 15:52

CBJ wrote:Despite the long time that has passed since this request for ideas was posted, the possibility of us making use of some of those ideas is very much still alive and kicking. We don't yet have a firm decision to share with you, however, regarding what form that might take or when it might happen.
Then no work has started on it... Damn i was hoping for good news. :wink:
AMD Ryzen 2700X
Gigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming
Powercolor RX56 Vega Red Dragon 8GB
16GB Corsair Vengance DDR4 @3200MHZ
Windows 10 X64
https://www.3dmark.com/spy/5058817

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 25. Sep 16, 17:59

@ pr0nflakes: "Then no work has started on it... " That is just your interpretation and not anything that CBJ actually said. :wink:
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Sun, 25. Sep 16, 20:43

Alan Phipps wrote:@ pr0nflakes: "Then no work has started on it... " That is just your interpretation and not anything that CBJ actually said. :wink:
CBJ wrote a lot, but didn't say much. But I think pr0nflakes is right. Work has yet to start.

Arkblade
x4

Post by Arkblade » Mon, 26. Sep 16, 18:30

i'm happy to hear still alive this patch plan, Or better yet, it become X3TC/AP Remasterd :)
Steam Greenlight: Greenlight Spaaace! Bundle (Greenlight Archives)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... d=93012592

Senor Pez
x4

Post by Senor Pez » Mon, 26. Sep 16, 20:52

I'm really excited that you're continuing to gather and (hopefully) implement feedback on TC/AP. I was sorely disappointed in Rebirth at release, but you've done a magnificent job in making it better. Hopefully some of the shine can come back to TC/AP!

It's the OCD in me, but I'd love to see improvements to complex building. Auto-aligning of nodes, at the very least, can't be THAT hard, right? Please? :)

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Mon, 26. Sep 16, 21:49

isnt there a script in the bonus pack which automates station building and also aligns them? ok, it doesnt go by nodes, but by coordinates, but still...
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Tue, 27. Sep 16, 06:35

Hi,
UniTrader wrote:isnt there a script in the bonus pack which automates station building and also aligns them? ok, it doesnt go by nodes, but by coordinates, but still...
For aligning, the F5-Key is my best friend.

cu
Rainer

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 27. Sep 16, 17:35

RainerPrem wrote:For aligning, the F5-Key is my best friend.
Indeed, but the OCD probably demands perfectly aligned nodes, i.e. straight tubes.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Senor Pez
x4

Post by Senor Pez » Tue, 27. Sep 16, 22:41

UniTrader wrote:isnt there a script in the bonus pack which automates station building and also aligns them? ok, it doesnt go by nodes, but by coordinates, but still...
Unfortunately, it's only there for AP, and I prefer the less-martial environment of TC!

I've learned to live with "close enough" for station building, but always hold out hope for improvements to the building of void infrastructure!

Greenhorn
x3ap

Post by Greenhorn » Tue, 27. Sep 16, 23:26

Hello,devs,players and egosoft,if theres ever gonna be a patch or dlc are there ever gonna be gameplay features,im glad cbj said, ideas are still alive and kicking,?.and hears an idea ,can you make pirates and yaki and corporations a threat or nuisance, i just have so many ships that should be useful,i feel that theres no purpose for my extra ships i bought.
Running latest Steam X3: Albion Prelude .v 3.1 + bonus pack.favorite single music :Coldplay - Something just like this.Muse - Supermassive blackhole.Audiomachine - Sol Invictus,Cinematic.And finally, Florent Zunino - Foundation - Titles.

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Tue, 1. Nov 16, 17:03

I am not sure this is something that needs fixed but here it is.

This 'issue' has bugged me for a long time. The suns in some sectors look strange. Almost like the sun texture is in front of the glow effect. Here is what I mean:

[ external image ]

The top image is the strange looking sun, the bottom is a normal sun.

But again, I am not sure this is an issue or intended.

(updated my first post to include this one)

Arkblade
x4

Post by Arkblade » Sat, 17. Dec 16, 01:51

thank Ego for release new patch.
however X3TC 3.3 and X3AP3.2 is mean this patch? or something have other patch plan?

i want to have support fullscreen window and get rid of "modified" restrict to get steam achievement, at least...
Steam Greenlight: Greenlight Spaaace! Bundle (Greenlight Archives)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... d=93012592

phantomrock2
x4

Post by phantomrock2 » Mon, 19. Dec 16, 15:44

Aranov wrote:So adding to the list of unlikely things being asked for, I'll throw out an idea I've had for awhile.

For an upcoming AP patch, I'd like it if there more continuity between AP and X:R.
Now this seems like a strange request but AP was supposed to be "A Bridge Between the Old and New X Universe", and yet there many things that just don't match up.

So the idea I have is 3 fold

1.Add Devries and Fields of Opportunity (Or are we renaming sectors now?) into AP as a sector or as multiple sectors (like Albion). Possibly with plot for Terran players to open and setup the Operation Cantera in Devries.

2.Add some ships from X:R to AP. There are many ships that are described in the encyclopedia as outright predating the gate shutdown, or being implied to predate it. However there may not be a lot added to the game for having new ships, so it may not be worth the effort.
I've compiled a list of the ships that could be in AP, but it turned the post in to a wall of text. If desired I can provided it.

And 3, which is more for X:R. Add more ships from AP to X:R. Seeing the Split ships and the Katana was great. I'd love to see more ships make a come back, especially the ATF and Aldrin ships. Maybe a Devries based plot that uncovers a lost cache of Terran supplies?

And some other crazy ideas, just ignore any that asking for to much:

Buildable gates. the System goes down in X:R anyway, let us go nuts.

A generic Pirate shipyard, not just one owned by the Yaki.

Maybe support for modders to add new factions.

Player Station populated by non-Player NPCs that can offer missions and barter, Also do this for X:R please.

And Improve bartering too, like adding rare goods like weapons and ship equipment.

Terran Marines.

Terran Frigate Weapons. Terran frigates are boderline useless without an counter to the Incendiary Bomb Launcher.

Steam Workshop support for TC and AP?

Some way to build Jump Beacons.

Terran M7M. Currently only the ATF has one. There is even audio for a USC M7M named the "Nagoya".

Also there is audio for a "Goner Trading Post". Hint hint

Buyable Atmospheric Lifter.

More ships like Sirokos that can carry more marines. and buff the number of marines carried on all ships.

More ways to board ships. Let us use the Transporter Device, or just let boarding ships fire grappling hooks like old timey pirates if the shields are low.

Easier and quicker marine training

More Aldrin/Terraformer ships. I absolutely love the way they look, and it would be a dream come true to have a full fleet of Aldrin style ships.

Speaking of Aldrin, the X-encyclopedia says they left the Argon Federation only 300 years ago. Shouldn't they be able to use Argon weapons?

A Plot line that gives us the Valhalla blueprints.

Blueprints for the Acinonyx Prototype. It's a prototype and the original maker doesn't care about it anymore according to the plot, so why not let us make a production model?

Further optimisation, any at all. Only thing that stops me from playing is the inevitable unplayable lag that forces me to give up my saves.

and I second all the requests for the missing missile and weapon fabs.

Allow the player HQ to RE and install ship equipment, such as Jumpdrives. Also allow it to RE and build stations.

Add the Corp Missions back in, maybe with a Terran Corp?

A clearer and better defined war between the Argon and Terrans. Attacks being launched from strongholds and flying to target sectors instead of attackers spawning out of thin air.
Being told when an attack if being launced by your faction and the ability to influance how often an attack happens. Being able to pledge your allegiance to faction regardless of your start(unless you chose the war starts).

Make the war spread beyond the current setting, According to the X-encyclopedia that came with the SuperBox and X:R Collector's Edition the Paranids are working with the Terrans, which makes sense as they hated the Argon.
and what Spilt passes up the chance to fight Boron?

War makes strange bedfellows, in fact even the Teladi CEO's grandson to quote the X-encyclopedia "sought sanctuary in the Solar System" implying the Terrans weren't the xenophobes the Argon claimed they were.
Odd how everyone who refuses to bow to the Argon like the spineless Boron is conveniently a xenophobe. And yes, I am a proud Terran fanboy.
My point is that the War should include more then just Argon and Terrans. Let the old X universe go out with a bang. Let chaos reign, and unleash the great war thats been brewing since the start of X.

And stop spawning ships to attack our Assets in the warzone.

I think I rambled on enough, wish I had some simple ideas but there aren't any simple things left to fix.
Now this all stated here makes me feel good that I am not the only one who sees this. Right on 👍🏿
[" thank you "]

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”