[VIDEO] Close-up flyby of every ship in the game (X3TC + Xtended)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Post Reply
User avatar
Saber15
Posts: 357
Joined: Sat, 13. Jan 07, 18:26
x4

[VIDEO] Close-up flyby of every ship in the game (X3TC + Xtended)

Post by Saber15 » Sat, 5. Jan 13, 19:02

I became tired of having to use wikis and ship stat websites for checking out ship appearances - they only provided a single screenshot, which is simply not enough! :P


So I popped in Xtended Terran Conflict 2.0 and recorded a detail flyby of every single ship in the game. Or nearly so. It skips clone ships and all the *UNDEFINED* ships.


WARNING: Videos contain ship spoilers for X3: Reunion, X3: Terran Conflict, and the Xtended mod for X3: Reunion.

Three hours of video:

Big military ships:
Carriers (M1)
Destroyers and battleships (M2, M2+)
Frigates (M7, M7M, M7C) - My personal favorite. Music is synced appropriately to each race
Corvettes (M6, M6+)
Bombers (M8 ), defense stations, life forms.

Fighters:
Fighters, heavy fighters (M3, M3+)
Interceptors, heavy interceptors (M4, M4+)
Scouts (M5)

Transporters:
Large Transporters and mobile factories (TL, T0)
Small transporters, personnel transporters, yachts, military transporters (TS, TP, TP+, TM)

Each video shows off the (unique) variants for each ship, such as Raider variants for fighters.

Enable Youtube's annotations to view ship names. Ships unique to Xtended Terran Conflict are marked with (XTC)

Various songs from the X-Universe games and the Xtended soundtrack are applied over each video.

Some ships (Paranid Medusa, Argon Eclipse) are missing as XTC changes their models to something a bit more appealing, but basically everything else is there.
Last edited by Saber15 on Sat, 5. Jan 13, 19:10, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
hourheroyes
Posts: 306
Joined: Mon, 9. Apr 12, 05:14
x3ap

Post by hourheroyes » Sat, 5. Jan 13, 19:08

it would be great if these had annotations explaining what each ship was

User avatar
Saber15
Posts: 357
Joined: Sat, 13. Jan 07, 18:26
x4

Post by Saber15 » Sat, 5. Jan 13, 19:08

hourheroyes wrote:it would be great if these had annotations explaining what each ship was
It is annotated using Youtube's built-in annotations feature. Make sure you have it enabled.

User avatar
TTD
Posts: 10913
Joined: Sun, 6. Jul 08, 10:29
xr

Post by TTD » Sat, 5. Jan 13, 20:07

Saber15 wrote:
hourheroyes wrote:it would be great if these had annotations explaining what each ship was
It is annotated using Youtube's built-in annotations feature. Make sure you have it enabled.
I like the idea.
I just tested with M5s.

There are some annotations but most of the time is spent on the lead ship and the other variants are not always annotated.So I have to guess what ship each variant is.

I can see subtle differences in each design, but I would have to examine spec sheet to find out things like speed , gunnery,shields etc.

Good work,but not what I expected from the op description.

User avatar
Saber15
Posts: 357
Joined: Sat, 13. Jan 07, 18:26
x4

Post by Saber15 » Sat, 5. Jan 13, 20:54

TTD wrote: I like the idea.
I just tested with M5s.

There are some annotations but most of the time is spent on the lead ship and the other variants are not always annotated.So I have to guess what ship each variant is.
At the start of the fighter videos, there's a template on the bottom right of the screen showing the layout of each ship - and either the first or the second ship set on each of the videos briefly annotates each of the variants. I'd annotate more, but then it'd just become a mess of words blocking the screen.

The only visual difference between most variants are the wings (or stretching, in the case of Boron ships), so I do a quick flyby from a few different angles to show off the differences. Had I done a detail shot of every single variant, each fighter video would be several hours long. :P

User avatar
TTD
Posts: 10913
Joined: Sun, 6. Jul 08, 10:29
xr

Post by TTD » Sat, 5. Jan 13, 20:59

Yes, you have done well with visualization.
Will help memorize what ship I am up against.

At the start,there was a brief description ,lower right corner.This soon vanished,not seen again...
I did look at the first few groups.

Reminds me of the old "trump" cards.
Pity the publisher did not revise,update and offer us a new full set...for a reasonable price,of gourse.

ApatheticEthic
Posts: 255
Joined: Wed, 19. Dec 12, 02:24
x3tc

Post by ApatheticEthic » Sat, 5. Jan 13, 22:17

It would be awesome if the X-series had a ship guide, but it's unlikely to happen with all the work they have.

User avatar
TTD
Posts: 10913
Joined: Sun, 6. Jul 08, 10:29
xr

Post by TTD » Sat, 5. Jan 13, 22:57

TTD wrote:Yes, you have done well with visualization.
Will help memorize what ship I am up against.

At the start,there was a brief description ,lower right corner.This soon vanished,not seen again...
I did look at the first few groups.

Reminds me of the old "trump" cards.
Pity the publisher did not revise,update and offer us a new full set...for a reasonable price,of course.
edited for spelling typo :oops:

mrgrin
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat, 27. Nov 04, 01:13
x3tc

Re: [VIDEO] Close-up flyby of every ship in the game (X3TC + Xtended)

Post by mrgrin » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 12:29

@Saber15 Thanks for all your hard work to do these videos. I am a little behind the releases, having last played X2 way back a year after it was released. Just acquired X:TC and these are a great resource.

Post Reply

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”