X Superbox: XBTF Throttle Support

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Brodie
x4

X Superbox: XBTF Throttle Support

Post by Brodie » Wed, 25. Jul 12, 07:41

Hello,

I've read in several places that in XBTF that there is no support for joystick throttle.
Can anyone confirm if this has this been fixed for the Superbox release?
Cheers

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Wed, 25. Jul 12, 09:27

throttle doesn't work for xbtf for xp. Atleast it doesn't for me.

http://www.egosoft.com/support/faq/faq_ ... d41f3efdc6

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 25. Jul 12, 09:35

I don't think this was ever fixed, no. (And it's not quite fair to say that X-BTF doesn't support throttles--it used to, but the method it used to read the throttle got deleted in a later version of Windows).

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Wed, 25. Jul 12, 10:04

I have no trouble with the throttle on my Cyborg X fly5 joystick. (Steam stand-alone version of X:BTF, Windows 7, DirectX 11)

I never tried it with Windows XP and whatever the contemporary version of DirectX was, so I have no idea whether it would have worked there.

It's really hard to imagine playing X:BTF/X-T without joystick throttle. With all the docking you have to do manually, trying to throttle back to docking speed without that physical reference (being able to just position the stick right "there") sounds absolutely brutal.

Brodie
x4

Post by Brodie » Wed, 25. Jul 12, 16:02

pjknibbs wrote:I don't think this was ever fixed, no. (And it's not quite fair to say that X-BTF doesn't support throttles--it used to, but the method it used to read the throttle got deleted in a later version of Windows).
Didn't mean to be unfair, i've never played the game and as I said I had read in several places that it doesnt have throttle support, i never stated that it doesnt, it was a question not a statement.
Vim Razz wrote:I have no trouble with the throttle on my Cyborg X fly5 joystick. (Steam stand-alone version of X:BTF, Windows 7, DirectX 11)

I never tried it with Windows XP and whatever the contemporary version of DirectX was, so I have no idea whether it would have worked there.

It's really hard to imagine playing X:BTF/X-T without joystick throttle. With all the docking you have to do manually, trying to throttle back to docking speed without that physical reference (being able to just position the stick right "there") sounds absolutely brutal.
Im using Win 7 Direct X 11 also, although i'll be using a Saitek X52Pro (when it arrives).
I bought it especially so i could sit down and go through the X Games one by one (i'd previously played X2 and X3 but nothing before or beyond them so im looking forward to soaking up the story).
Hopefully it will work also.

Micha
x4

Post by Micha » Tue, 21. Jan 14, 01:32

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I was hoping for an update from Brodie using his X52.

I just installed Win7 64-bit, X-BtF, and dusted off my old Saitek X45 which worked so beautifully eons past on Win98.

Unfortunately, despite the latest drivers and the latest X-BtF patch (2.2), the throttle isn't working; same issue I had on WinXP and X-BtF v1.96.

So does anybody know if the throttle issue is joystick dependent considering Vim Razz's setup seemed to work?

Cheers,
- Micha.
- Micha
"The glass is twice as big as it needs to be."

Torpor
x4

Post by Torpor » Tue, 21. Jan 14, 01:42

Micha wrote:Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I was hoping for an update from Brodie using his X52.

I just installed Win7 64-bit, X-BtF, and dusted off my old Saitek X45 which worked so beautifully eons past on Win98.

Unfortunately, despite the latest drivers and the latest X-BtF patch (2.2), the throttle isn't working; same issue I had on WinXP and X-BtF v1.96.

So does anybody know if the throttle issue is joystick dependent considering Vim Razz's setup seemed to work?

Cheers,
- Micha.
throttle working in other games/in windows options?
Wir sind ***Modified***. Ergeben Sie sich.
Wir werden ihre technologischen und kulturellen Aspekte den unseren hinzufügen.
Widerstand ist zwecklos.

please excuse my bad english. no native speaker, but german forum is dying ;P

Micha
x4

Post by Micha » Tue, 21. Jan 14, 01:45

Yes, throttle is working fine in the Windows test/calibration program. I don't have any other games installed yet to test.. will try X-Tension (which supposedly works fine even on newer versions of Windows).
- Micha
"The glass is twice as big as it needs to be."

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Tue, 21. Jan 14, 05:33

Wasn't there a fix for this? At least I vaguely recall hearing about it back at xp glory days.
Just don't take this as a fact I never managed to get into X:BtF even 15 or so years later I still don't like it. X:T is where the good stuff starts. No idea why anyone would wanna play BtF... theres Rebirth which is pretty much BtF 15 years later lol.

Or maybe I'm just thinking about annoying codec that X series been using that doesn't mesh well with any good codec out there. Can't believe ES never fixed that mp3 codec b/s .... tsk.

P.S. Micha - your signature gave me a mental blockade lol
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Darkn3ss F4lls
x3ap

Post by Darkn3ss F4lls » Tue, 21. Jan 14, 07:05

I would love to know this as well, my slider bar on my joystick is very lonely these days :( guess it will get used as soon as i finish X:BTF :D i started playing them again, never finished even the first one but own all of them and their dlc lol

Techcat
x4

Re: X Superbox: XBTF Throttle Support

Post by Techcat » Sat, 8. Apr 23, 03:13

Same. Throttle don't working on my Logitech Extrime 3D. Windows 10.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”