X3AP: Springblossom, undock -> explode

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

kelmenwong
x3tc

X3AP: Springblossom, undock -> explode

Post by kelmenwong » Sun, 1. Apr 12, 06:27

i thought this suppose to be already fixed in x3tc

it happening in ap game, undocking from terran mine base, i know there's another npc-springblossom parked nearby

the 1st instance this happen, its the other ship explode

i reload, then 3 times undock, this time it's me who died
b4 i undock, i watch around, noticed there'a npc springblossom is just parking on my right side

in term of most likely related mod, I'm using:
[SCR] Docking Lockup Fix + Upgrade (v6 - 13.06.09)
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=240058

but i doubt it has anything to do with my problem

i also tried/installed
[SCR] XTC Safe undocking scripts (Standalone Version)
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=256572

no good, i guess that's for tc

anyone know a fix/mod-fix?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 1. Apr 12, 11:57

A well-known issue.

Workaround: Stay onboard and use the ship command menu to tell your own ship to idle, fly to, dock at, etc. The AI undocks quite safely without collision detection for a while and you can regain control of the ship when it is clear of the dock.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

xseriespadre
x3ap

Post by xseriespadre » Tue, 3. Apr 12, 18:39

they also need to adress the fact the springblossom can't hit for sht, the firing arms are too wide, mind you, it will hit a barn door from 20 paces =)
otherwise its useless combatwise :cry:
soo many experts in the world these days.. humbling isn't it.

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Tue, 3. Apr 12, 18:46

xseriespadre wrote:they also need to adress the fact the springblossom can't hit for sht, the firing arms are too wide, mind you, it will hit a barn door from 20 paces =)
and this is why you can use auto-aim, also given SSC in your turrets you can pretty much ignore anything below an M3+ or you can just fly it for a while get used to the firing arch and blow everything to pieces

gecos
x3tc

Post by gecos » Wed, 4. Apr 12, 05:01

xseriespadre wrote:they also need to adress the fact the springblossom can't hit for sht, the firing arms are too wide, mind you, it will hit a barn door from 20 paces =)
Springy is a ship for a skilled player. It's not meant to fight M3-M5s anyway, these little pests you can run over with your superior speed and shielding. It shines especially in M6 and non flak equipped capital ship combat. And by the way, it mounts the best medium weapon in the game and has enough frontal guns to drop 1GJ of shields in 5 seconds. You can do the math for the rest. Has also an enhanced back turret to protect it well from missile fire and a lateral gun on each side best used to shred to pieces small craft. It's by far the best player ship in the game. Only a highly overturned Hype can match it although as said nothing compares in the middle range with 8 MA/ML letting loose on a poor target. :D

Lone Jedi
x3tc

Post by Lone Jedi » Wed, 4. Apr 12, 15:47

gecos wrote:
Springy is a ship for a skilled player. It's not meant to fight M3-M5s anyway, these little pests you can run over with your superior speed and shielding. It shines especially in M6 and non flak equipped capital ship combat. And by the way, it mounts the best medium weapon in the game and has enough frontal guns to drop 1GJ of shields in 5 seconds. You can do the math for the rest. Has also an enhanced back turret to protect it well from missile fire and a lateral gun on each side best used to shred to pieces small craft. It's by far the best player ship in the game. Only a highly overturned Hype can match it although as said nothing compares in the middle range with 8 MA/ML letting loose on a poor target. :D
How is the most overpowered ship in game made for skilled players? I thought new players would find this game too easy if their personal ships were Springy.
I live in my Vidar.

Laser hit efficiency: 97% @190,499 shots
Missile hit efficiency: 97% @4,204 missiles fired

xseriespadre
x3ap

Post by xseriespadre » Wed, 4. Apr 12, 18:16

begs to differ..

the VIDAR is the BEST ship in the game :) it eats q's n j's for breakfast and its agile enough to kill the small fast buggers .. it rocks.
sadly now i took on the war and am having to watch my ammo as i cannot get any more from terran space, and no, albion doesn't stock warheads =p sucks
soo many experts in the world these days.. humbling isn't it.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Wed, 4. Apr 12, 18:58

Lone Jedi wrote: How is the most overpowered ship in game made for skilled players? I thought new players would find this game too easy if their personal ships were Springy.
Just look at these threads about springy not being able to hit fighters that pop up every other day. Clearly, people disagree with you. You just might be that skilled player, but otherwise the ship is well balanced. For the record, it can't hit a shit, and tends to run into things if one of those skilled pilots is not piloting it.

Frostnads
x4

Post by Frostnads » Wed, 4. Apr 12, 20:08

The Vidar is also my favorite playership. Moon shipyard purchase availability in AP is the primary reason I initally chose Terran start. Besides, a speed overtuned Vidar to equal the Springy at around 360 m/s is great fun. I do miss the extra turrets the Springy sports, but the Vidar's 10 main guns more than make up for the loss, imho. Feel for you xseriespadre, it's sweet being able to easily resupply warheads. :P
X: Beyond the Frontier | X-Tension | X2: The Threat | X3: Reunion | X3: Terran Conflict | X3: Terran Conflict | X3: Albion Prelude | X Rebirth | X4: Foundations

wolfee

Re:

Post by wolfee » Tue, 3. Jan 23, 15:28

kurush wrote:
Wed, 4. Apr 12, 18:58
Lone Jedi wrote: How is the most overpowered ship in game made for skilled players? I thought new players would find this game too easy if their personal ships were Springy.
Just look at these threads about springy not being able to hit fighters that pop up every other day. Clearly, people disagree with you. You just might be that skilled player, but otherwise the ship is well balanced. For the record, it can't hit a shit, and tends to run into things if one of those skilled pilots is not piloting it.
I think he's agreeing with you. The springblossom is annoying to fire vs small ships. You have to adjust your fire/sight to only hit with the right or left side of your burst (if you know what I mean). That means you're wasting half of your ammo = not good. Vidar doesn't have that problem but it's much slower. My biggest issue with springblossom is the random explosions when undocking, very annoying.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: X3AP: Springblossom, undock -> explode

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 3. Jan 23, 15:35

@ wolfee: I doubt that they care now, given that this is a 10+ year old thread and the diversion you are replying to was off the thread topic anyway.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”