X3AP version 2.0 – The war continues

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

WeriTis
x3tc

Post by WeriTis » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 06:24

Catra wrote:it was recommended for new players because it was a tutorial plot. =P after that if you wanted to play terran again theres was a USC commander and the aldran adventurer, and you picked one depending if you wanted to redo the first half of the terran plotline or not.

and mr. egosoft representative (CBJ) DID state in the survival guide under the WAR! section that only the argon side of the war had plots enabled.
Thank you for reminding me on that one.
CBJ wrote: The main game plot story is available from the Argon Peacekeeper gamestart but not the Terran Commander one.

Aside from the plot, choosing one of these gamestarts does not limit your other options in the game.
"*THE* plot". "Does NOT limit your other options in the game".

I can not see how this is a totally clear statement to not expect future plots and most of all how this is an announcement that one of the game starts would not feature PHQ/HUB/UFJD, which are pretty much implied by "other options in the game".

So no, Catra, i understand you're valiantly trying to defend ES out of whatever mislead fanboy reasons ever, but what you said is simply not true.

Also, the terran defender start was not only a tutorial start - i played my longest game of TC ever from that gamestart. Trying to diminish the role of the past terran defender start to counter my argument is a bit questionable.
"An open mind is like a fortress with its gate unbarred and unguarded."
dzhedzho wrote: Trade - insults with other community members, or tips how to improve performance
Fight - with steam for refund, or the overwhelming feeling of hopelessness
Build - your patience and knowledge of xml save editing.
Think - before you preorder next time

Nagittchi
x4

Post by Nagittchi » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 06:32

[ external image ]

Omg you guys need to buff the Kyoto after this. This destroyer looks like the EATER OF WORLDS.

Flak on top bottom and maybe back

Powered by a potential 10 Gauss Cannon frontal + 9 Broadside Gauss Canno-HNNGGGGGGGGGGGG.

I'm going to have to retire the Battleship Yamato (Kyoto) :(!!!!!

AND IT CAN FIRE FLAIL BARRAGE MISSILES. WHAAAAAAAATTTTT.. AND ITS HANGERS ARE ACCESSIBLE...

Sorry, I'm just surprised about this huge buff.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 06:44

OMFG, this is one big mean m**erf**er... Flail barrage on a non M7M ship seems like a bug though. Enjoy it while we can :) Who would bet on the same ship getting nerfed in whatever next patch is going to be?

Catra

Post by Catra » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 06:50

now, just gotta find that angle so the back ICs can also open fire with the rest of em.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

dlryan
x3tc

Post by dlryan » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 07:28

From News:
"We are pleased to announce that X3: Albion Prelude 2.0 is now available!
One of the new mini-plots draws the Boron deeper into the war than ever before and provides the player with access to the mysterious Xenon HUB. The second re-introduces the secret Unfocussed Jumpdrive and the mighty Player Headquarters, the latter providing a new function to easily equip newly built or bought ships – a function that all fleet commanders will no doubt appreciate.

Unless you're playing as Terran, in which case, We're all racist against Terrans. So what we really mean is, not all fleet commanders, just the one's we like"

:evil:
AMD FX 8core 8150 4.5ghz(overclocked)4x8gb ram, ATI Crossfire Radeon 7850HD x2. Sabertooth 990fx mobo

WeriTis
x3tc

Post by WeriTis » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 08:05

I actually went back to page one just to check if that was really what CBJ wrote. :x

Still waiting for a patch to adress any issues i encountered apart from the "No hireable TLs in terran space" which was adressed only after i had a TL on my own already.
dzhedzho wrote: Trade - insults with other community members, or tips how to improve performance

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 08:10

WeriTis wrote: Still waiting for a patch to adress any issues i encountered apart from the "No hireable TLs in terran space" which was adressed only after i had a TL on my own already.
Aren't those Mobile Mining Station Supply ships hireable? I have 3 of them in my game, in The Moon, Megniir and Saturn.

WeriTis
x3tc

Post by WeriTis » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 08:14

kurush wrote: Aren't those Mobile Mining Station Supply ships hireable? I have 3 of them in my game, in The Moon, Megniir and Saturn.
Yes, they are. But they were patched in later, they were not in the release version of AP.

MightyWind

Post by MightyWind » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 08:15

sighs. You just can't please everyone these days....

In any case, Thanks for the Hardwork and patch Egosoft. Cant wait til my mini empire turns into a mighty one so I can get that PHQ

Sam97531
x4

Post by Sam97531 » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 08:55

The disappointment comes from the fact that those of us who played Terran starts are being shafted. You can't honestly release added-content then say it won't be available after the fact.

We are talking about people who actually chose an AP-Specific start (Terran Commander), with AP specific features (the War and the announcements), and are now suddenly being informed that all the other starts, do get this significant/massive update to the game, while you do not.

This isn't some "Custom Start" where there is a huge disclaimer saying the all plots are disabled.

ThommoHawk
x4

Post by ThommoHawk » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 09:20

Sam97531 wrote:The disappointment comes from the fact that those of us who played Terran starts are being shafted. You can't honestly release added-content then say it won't be available after the fact.

We are talking about people who actually chose an AP-Specific start (Terran Commander), with AP specific features (the War and the announcements), and are now suddenly being informed that all the other starts, do get this significant/massive update to the game, while you do not.

This isn't some "Custom Start" where there is a huge disclaimer saying the all plots are disabled.
Hmm, I look at the bright side... :( you will save yourself an enormous amount of time and effort not having the hub if similar requirements exist in AP version to TC.

If the hub plot in AP requires the insane amount of effort it took to acquire in TC, then I will not be doing it anyhow... as I swore never to play a new game of TC for that reason.... and it follows that if the player HQ is only accessible after the Hup plot is completed (as in TC) then I won't have a HQ in AP, either, (even though atm I am playing as Argon Peacekeeper who has deserted the war and is trading and building his new small scale empire).

No loss to me atm because I can always play around in my existing TC game where I have both the hub and the HQ.

Edit: I also meant to add: I wonder if there will be one more AP patch where this is addressed / balanced by including some Terran Commander plot start specific rewards/options?
[XTrilogy]: Holy Argnu cows! I have found it! An asteroid of pure ore - 100% - I am rich! Now, I just need to find one like that made from silicon. hmmm, where do I want to go today?
X REBIRTH? "JUST A TOURIST until X4 IS RELEASED! Because That SUPERNOVA sure went FUBAR" (Quoting T.Hawk. Read all about it at: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353678) :x3:

twinview
x4

The PHQ and HUB

Post by twinview » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 10:16

Can u get them in the Custom Start at all with this new patch...

if Not I will just cheat in the Hub at least I can have that way Since I don't wanna Abandon my Game of AP Custom Start right now ....

but can u get the PHQ with the cheat Script I really don't wanna use that but Since i'm playing the Custom Start I will prob have no choice ....

P.S thanks EgoSoft for the New Patch and all the Work on the Greatest space sim X3...

hehe have not updated yet too 2.0 wanted to ask some things first before I update....

WeriTis
x3tc

Post by WeriTis » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 10:23

ThommoHawk wrote:I also meant to add: I wonder if there will be one more AP patch where this is addressed / balanced by including some Terran Commander plot start specific rewards/options?
That is highly unlikely, since they probably would have told us. Apparently in the most recent history, you need to take even the things they say with a grain of salt. What they do not even say... well...

lubnius
x4

Post by lubnius » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 11:21

With every new update Egosoft bring us, its getting harder to ignore what AP has to offer but still, I quit AP in frustration as with each update they divide community into happy Argons and sad Terrans. Let the war begin.

ThommoHawk
x4

Post by ThommoHawk » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 11:37

lubnius wrote:With every new update Egosoft bring us, its getting harder to ignore what AP has to offer but still, I quit AP in frustration as with each update they divide community into happy Argons and sad Terrans. Let the war begin.
The Happy Argon/Split/Boron/Paranid/Teladis vs Sad Terrans.

Actually Sad Terran was me in TC also, so sorry that tradition has not changed. My game start was as Terran, but it was a big hassle as I had to wait until I completed all the plots required before the first terran factories became available to me. Essential weapons were never available for my Terran Ships - not a single starburst shockwave cannon was available in my game for ages and ages - but soon as I got my factories, guess what? the GoD engine started churning them out also, along with other previously non-available weapon/missile types. This is why in AP i decided not to start as Terran.
[XTrilogy]: Holy Argnu cows! I have found it! An asteroid of pure ore - 100% - I am rich! Now, I just need to find one like that made from silicon. hmmm, where do I want to go today?
X REBIRTH? "JUST A TOURIST until X4 IS RELEASED! Because That SUPERNOVA sure went FUBAR" (Quoting T.Hawk. Read all about it at: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353678) :x3:

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 12:07

Nagittchi wrote:
Omg you guys need to buff the Kyoto after this. This destroyer looks like the EATER OF WORLDS.
Looks like it has a regular hangar instead of M8 compatible. Kyoto is still the king, although Megallodon could be interesting.

Silvanus
x3tc

Terrans in X3:AP

Post by Silvanus » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 12:11

I would like to say that I'm moderately annoyed based on what I have read. Annoyed enough that I have decided to post on your fair forums.

You seem to be neglecting the Terran for some reason or another, which is the primary race I play. I suspect many others play the Terran race, especially after the plot for Albion Prelude which as portrayed them in a vulnerable state. It helped me for a while have a proper goal in the game that did not involve the HUB collection 20 billion of x.

However, you've left Terrans with the short end of the stick on a few areas. First they don't have a plot, this while saddening is understandable and does not disappoint me too much. The main plot is not the majority of content in the game. In the end it's something I'm willing to overlook.

Second, there are some extremely important items that the Terrans do not simply have access to without making friends to xenos. The tractor beam, but more importantly the jump drive. The jump drive is essential to the game, jump beacons have even been added to Terran space, however, they do not apparently produce the jump drives to use those. This is a glaring flaw that I would suspect is easy to fix and should be fixed.
Edit: This has apparently been corrected for jump drives and thus no longer a significant issue.

And now I am reading the HUB plot is not available to Terrans. While the second issue had a work around that didn't involve modding the game this does not. This is really quite annoying as I am one of the people who do prefer to play a vanilla game. This is very disappointing and I would like to be proven wrong by finding out it was the result of a bug.

In all I guess this does greatly disappoint me. There are many things in X3:AP that improve the game. New ships, improved interface, lolStockMarket and the greater viewing range. However, with the other short comings of Albion Prelude I am forced back to Terran Conflict, meaning I miss out on all those improvements.
Last edited by Silvanus on Tue, 13. Nov 12, 03:44, edited 5 times in total.

lubnius
x4

Post by lubnius » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 12:32

I know there is a lore to follow in X series, based on that as far as I know Commonwealth defeats sad Terrans, but untill future games, Egosoft, let as fully enjoy loosing side of the conflict.

EDIT: I really do sound desperate.
Last edited by lubnius on Sat, 25. Feb 12, 12:47, edited 1 time in total.

[SOLAR]INFERNO
x4

Post by [SOLAR]INFERNO » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 12:33

Cool, I just started AP up yesterday after having downloaded most of my Steam library to play on my new computer. Nice to see such a great update. Also happy that the timing seemed to perfectly coincide with getting my new computer ready. :)

Baracus

Post by Baracus » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 12:34

I may have to restart just so I can overtune a megalodon <,<
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”