X3AP Retail versions

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

apogee
x3tc

Post by apogee » Fri, 2. Mar 12, 15:53

Brilliant, so I've been waiting for the retail version to avoid going the steam route, only to find that i might as well have gone with steam in the first place instead of waiting all these months, if only i had known!

But before i do try to get from steam, a couple of Questions.

1) To avoid downloading TC, it says in the FAQ to copy the TC install to the location steam assumes. In the FAQ it says program files, though i have Win7 64bit, so TC is in Program files(x86)\...., can i assume the steam folder will also be program files(x86)\....?

2) How big is Albion Prelude, I've got mobile broadband with a 3GB limit, so if its bigger than that I'll have to go the retail route.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 2. Mar 12, 15:58

apogee wrote:so TC is in Program files(x86)\...., can i assume the steam folder will also be program files(x86)\....?
Yes, you can. You are also able to change the installation path for Steam (and therefore Steam games) during the installation of the Steam client.
apogee wrote:2) How big is Albion Prelude, I've got mobile broadband with a 3GB limit, so if its bigger than that I'll have to go the retail route.
The X3AP 2.0 folder has a size of 1 GB.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

apogee
x3tc

Post by apogee » Fri, 2. Mar 12, 16:47

Thanks, I will have a go at installing this weekend!

fighter dave
x3ap

Albion Prelude box set

Post by fighter dave » Sun, 4. Mar 12, 14:28

How do I get Albion Prelude without downloading it using steam. If I go to Egosoft shop they seem to only interested in eurozone countries, and only English version seems to involve Italian text but English spoken. Very confusing.

fighter dave
x3ap

Albion Prelude

Post by fighter dave » Sun, 4. Mar 12, 15:11

Where can I buy Albion Prelude without downloading it.

<Moved to correct thread that probably has the answers (Twice). Alan Phipps>

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 4. Mar 12, 19:12

fighter dave wrote:If I go to Egosoft shop they seem to only interested in eurozone countries
While all prices are written in Euro, clicking on the "Other Currencies"-link opens a site that lets you convert the Euro price to other currencies. Also, after adding a product to your shopping card you can select countries all around the world as the shipping address.

Regarding the languages:
product description of X3AP Addon/War Pack in Egosoft shop wrote: Voiced languages: English, German, French
Text-only language: Italian (using English voice)
That means that English, German and French voice and text translations are included. For Italian there is only a text translation. So that Italian players don't have to talk with speechless NPCs, the English voice is also used, when you play the game(s) in Italian.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

aiday
x3tc

Post by aiday » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 05:12

I have Steam installed on my D: drive, and the X-Gold discs. I checked the FAQ section but that does not tell me where in the "steamapps" path I need to install the X3TC files prior to using the TC-AP add-on retail pack (that is, just the AP update).

I've also been told that the "no Steam" executable is now available, but can't find it on this website.

Please can somebody tell me what the path should be for installing into the Steam client, and where I can find the executable. Thanks in advance for any help,
Ro

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 05:44

aiday wrote:...I've also been told that the "no Steam" executable is now available, but can't find it on this website....
I am very interested in this, as well. If the no-steam .exe is out there, I'll be willing to download and install Steam once, just to get AP, after which I'll uninstall Steam.

(Yeah, I know I won't be able to patch it after I remove Steam, IIRC.)

David Howland
x3tc

Fortnight!

Post by David Howland » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 09:21

I asked this on the Rebirth - Steam thread last week! CBJ said it would be approx. a fortnight!
The BANISHED RETURNS.
HEALTH WARNING! Steam Damages Freedom Of Speech!
Congratulations Egosoft on increasing memory usage from 2 to 3 Gb.
Bin playing X too long when Egosoft refuses to sell you their latest game?
The only steam I want is in my kettle! STEAM=GAME OVER.

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Fri, 9. Mar 12, 14:38

Well, its the 9th, its retail release day in the UK isn't it?

Perhaps someone could tell the bloody retailers that! I can find it no where! I am very, very unimpressed! :evil:
If this is the publishers best attempt at a retail sale, then they are crap publishers! I will NOT buy through Steam. I will use steam as I have for Skyrim, but only if I can buy a retail boxed copy!

WTF? There is no trace on Amazon, though perversely I can order Rebirth! No trace on the gamestation site. On the game site I can buy it but only as a download!

I had hoped to get it on Amazon as I have an acount with them with money ready to go. It would seem that Amazon is a too small retailer in the eyes of the publisher? :roll:
At the moment it looks like I will be keeping my £20 and not playing AP. :(

If Rebirth release is handled this badly, looks like I will save some money there as well.

Have I got accross how disapointed I am?
Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Fri, 9. Mar 12, 14:41

greypanther wrote:Well, its the 9th, its retail release day in the UK isn't it?

Perhaps someone could tell the bloody retailers that! I can find it no where! I am very, very unimpressed! :evil:
If this is the publishers best attempt at a retail sale, then they are crap publishers! I will NOT buy through Steam. I will use steam as I have for Skyrim, but only if I can buy a retail boxed copy!

WTF? There is no trace on Amazon, though perversely I can order Rebirth! No trace on the gamestation site. On the game site I can buy it but only as a download!

I had hoped to get it on Amazon as I have an acount with them with money ready to go. It would seem that Amazon is a too small retailer in the eyes of the publisher? :roll:

If Rebirth release is handled this badly, looks like I will save some money there as well.

cant you just order through Egosoft shop? or have they ran out of copies or something?

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Fri, 9. Mar 12, 17:00

Well, yes and no. :roll:
Yes technically I could, but I have a budget for games and at the moment that budget lives in an Amazon account. Money is not unlimited for me. :wink:

I would also have to get a new pre pay credit card to do so, as there is no way I am using my proper card online at the moment. :)

Is it worth the effort? :gruebel:

I would also say it has made me nervous regarding the release of Rebirth, though as I stated above, I CAN buy that now on Amazon! Go figure! :roll:

David Howland
x3tc

Old Guys!

Post by David Howland » Fri, 9. Mar 12, 17:30

What you have to remember Jumee, is that some of us grew up in the days before internet shopping! Back in those days the only mail retail were catalogues, half the stuff bought through those was cheap rubbish. The only people who used to habitually use this method of retail were, people living in isolation or poor folk who could not afford to use 'proper' shops.
The situation is a little better on the internet but although much of the tat has disapeared thieves and fraudsters have grown to take their place. So oldies will only consider purchasing from trusted names like Amazon and Game. Now you might retort, that you were suggesting the Egosoft shop, surely an X player will trust Egosoft? Well two years ago when ES believed in retail and rental systems, there would be no doubt? However since the announcement of RB in January last year we have had to campaign voraciously for a steam free disk game. The closest we have got is the steam dependant AP disk? Do you really wonder that old loyal fans are thinking twice about buying the disk from the internet shop of the company, that never wanted to produce this disk and resents having been bullied into it?
That is a brief history of Mail Retail over!
Last edited by David Howland on Fri, 9. Mar 12, 18:01, edited 1 time in total.
The BANISHED RETURNS.

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Fri, 9. Mar 12, 17:35

Amazon has another big advantage, you can get gift vouchers for them in high street shops. No credit card needed! :)

Which is where my Amazon budget came from: my wife + gift vouchers ( lots ) + Christmas = happy me! :)

darkest_majick
x4

Post by darkest_majick » Fri, 9. Mar 12, 19:54

greypanther wrote:Well, its the 9th, its retail release day in the UK isn't it?

In the UK Zavvi appear to have stock: http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/pc ... 84181.html. I saw it on Amazon UK and Play.com yesterday but they seem to have sold out already. Only others I've seen selling it are the Egosoft shop and some sellers on Amazon (£25 a time though). Otherwise it's downloads on Steam etc. Good luck to everyone looking for a copy on disc!

It does also appear you can get your pre-orders in for Rebirth on Amazon!

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Fri, 9. Mar 12, 20:10

Well that is very odd. I have looked every day for the past several weeks on Amazon and seen no trace of AP. ( I was hoping to pre-order. ) :gruebel:

I looked at Zavvi earlier and again got negative results. Same for Gamestation and Game. :(

I guess I will keep looking. Until I get fed up with the messing, after all its only one game of many that I wish to play, whats more its only an update of TC really. :roll:

*edit* Just looked again now and there it is 3 copies on Amazon! £19.99
:? ah but out of stock at that price, so yes £25 it is then!

darkest_majick
x4

Post by darkest_majick » Fri, 9. Mar 12, 20:24

The online stores all seem to be really slow at getting the terran war pack listed. I had the same problem earlier in the week so I placed my order with Egosoft. Searching for something else on Amazon I noticed it had appeared in my recommendations. This was last night; they must have sold out pretty fast. I remember having the same issues with the Superbox.

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Fri, 9. Mar 12, 20:36

Well, thank you anyway, your post prompted me to look again and there it was! :)
Alls forgiven deepsilver, for now. :roll:

David Howland
x3tc

Release Date?

Post by David Howland » Mon, 12. Mar 12, 12:21

Have we a release date yet for the 'get rid of Steam.exe'?
The BANISHED RETURNS.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 12. Mar 12, 12:44

Hopefully this week.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”