X3AP Retail versions

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sam97531
x4

Post by Sam97531 » Wed, 22. Feb 12, 18:55

Im really really disappointed about the lack HQ/HUB/UFJD for Terran. This strikes me as mini-plots that could have been created in such a way regardless of what side youre on or what plot you've done. Simply don't involve TErran/Argon interaction for example...

Anyways. Sigh.

What about actually winning the war? Has that been fixed/done? I thought this was getting addressed as the war is currently "unwinnable" ?
Last edited by Sam97531 on Wed, 22. Feb 12, 18:59, edited 1 time in total.

shea
x4

Post by shea » Wed, 22. Feb 12, 18:56

Damit i will be at rammstein in the O2 on the 27th :rant:
Life is a waste of time,time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/shea1980

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Wed, 22. Feb 12, 21:50

CBJ wrote:Catching up with some answers:
VincentTH wrote:The only gripe I have about the 2.0 patch fix list, is that there is no news on the DiD save game loss problem. :-(
I still don't think that's something the game has much control over I'm afraid, which means it's not something we could fix in a patch.
Fair enough, but I remember Bernd said that Ego had some very good relationship with Steam developers and the Steam guy was very helpful in solving problems that are at their end.
Anyway, just like the Aldrin guy said in TC along the line of: We don't like it, but we just have to cope with it!!!

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Wed, 22. Feb 12, 22:37

CBJ wrote:- Improved UI handling of typing repeated letters in text fields
Best. Fix. Ever.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

cyderpunk
x3ap

Post by cyderpunk » Wed, 22. Feb 12, 22:38

The current AP manual on Steam refers to the game as Terran Conflict, but is not the same as the TC one, is this being updated for 2.0/retail release?

It also mentions corporate missions and their rewards, which you later find out ingame are not in! Are these planned for a later patch?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 22. Feb 12, 23:23

The manual on Steam is the X3TC one. As I said in another reply earlier, we're not producing a manual for X3AP but we are working on a PDF version of the Survival Guide that's a couple of sticky threads down and which explains the main differences between the two games.

cyderpunk
x3ap

Post by cyderpunk » Wed, 22. Feb 12, 23:48

CBJ wrote:The manual on Steam is the X3TC one.
They do not look the same, hence the confusion!
X3 TC manual 2649KB
X3 AP manual 4309KB
The one available as the AP manual is only under the Store Page and not available under Library.

ConCorDian
x4

Post by ConCorDian » Wed, 22. Feb 12, 23:55

shea wrote:Damit i will be at rammstein in the O2 on the 27th :rant:
well set to auto update and then, inebriated or not, come in and kick ass with the tune to Du Hast!!

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 22. Feb 12, 23:56

cyderpunk wrote:They do not look the same, hence the confusion!
There are slightly complicated reasons why the two manuals you have linked don't look the same, but they are both just different versions of the X3TC manual. :)

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 23. Feb 12, 00:41

cyderpunk wrote:
CBJ wrote:The manual on Steam is the X3TC one.
They do not look the same, hence the confusion!
X3 TC manual 2649KB
X3 AP manual 4309KB
The one available as the AP manual is only under the Store Page and not available under Library.
They are the same, one un-printable with a black background, and one in white background for Steam users to print on their own printers.

cyderpunk
x3ap

Post by cyderpunk » Thu, 23. Feb 12, 02:09

VincentTH wrote:They are the same, one un-printable with a black background, and one in white background for Steam users to print on their own printers.
So Egosoft released TC on Steam with an unprintable manual and then instead of producing a manual for AP or releasing a printable version for TC with TC they made a printable version for TC but only released it with AP as the AP manual?
That would qualify as "slightly complicated" I suppose, but perhaps not the words I would have picked! :lol:

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 23. Feb 12, 02:34

Er, no, that's not how things happened at all.

jwrealing
x3tc

Post by jwrealing » Thu, 23. Feb 12, 05:04

So its not going to be sold in the US, I should have stayed in Germany!

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Thu, 23. Feb 12, 06:05

jwrealing wrote:So its not going to be sold in the US, I should have stayed in Germany!
How about ordering from this site? They do deliver to US, at least they did that for me for TC.

x3tc

Post by 150147 » Thu, 23. Feb 12, 09:30

Will AP 2.0 be compatible with AP 1.1 saved games?

Am I an optimist? I hope so!

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Thu, 23. Feb 12, 09:40

So, no combat-AI improvements OR even fixing the npc ships crashing into things. Then theres a variaty of bugs still not fixed like the ships resetting orders when hit that ruined my 120h savegame.

Mission times are still borked, "get 9000 ore in 6min" etc.

Some seemingly basic things are also un-moddable limiting sertain aspects quite badly. I was surpriced that a sinple thing like bullet-spread/accuracy is un-moddable and seemingly modding the combat-ai is quite complicated.

I'm simply underwhelmed, all this time and just this!? Atleast tell me drone-ships are in this or theres no actual point updating over current xrm-mod that offers more content and even fixes.

wRAR
x3tc

Post by wRAR » Thu, 23. Feb 12, 10:07

150147 wrote:Will AP 2.0 be compatible with AP 1.1 saved games
Yes.

natha
x4

Post by natha » Thu, 23. Feb 12, 11:18

cyderpunk wrote:
VincentTH wrote:They are the same, one un-printable with a black background, and one in white background for Steam users to print on their own printers.
So Egosoft released TC on Steam with an unprintable manual and then instead of producing a manual for AP or releasing a printable version for TC with TC they made a printable version for TC but only released it with AP as the AP manual?
That would qualify as "slightly complicated" I suppose, but perhaps not the words I would have picked! :lol:
Actually the one with the white background, is from the first edition of TC by DeepSilver (Europe) was shipped with that, printed. The "black" is the one from the TC by IGS (America) and maybe is later. Maybe not.
sorry for the off topic.

Erenar
x4

Post by Erenar » Thu, 23. Feb 12, 12:17

Fortunately I run modified games and have never played the original AP plot but can I make a suggestion...

I just booted up Vanilla AP to check whether you have clearly defined that only ONE start is plot enabled and unbelievably you haven't. Would it not be a good idea to just stick a small [War plot enabled] tag after the description so that those who want a plot-centric game would have known. Those people would not have wasted a lot of time in a game thinking they are heading towards something only to be let down.

Just a suggestion, but from a customer focussed approach, maybe a good one? I, for one, would be kinda annoyed if I had made a Terran character, built up an empire awaiting hub benefits, and then been told it was never going to come :P

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Thu, 23. Feb 12, 12:21

Erenar wrote: I just booted up Vanilla AP to check whether you have clearly defined that only ONE start is plot enabled and unbelievably you haven't
only one start has plot disabled so you got it a bit wrong :) (at least out of the ones you ca normally pick)
Erenar wrote:I, for one, would be kinda annoyed if I had made a Terran character, built up an empire awaiting hub benefits, and then been told it was never going to come :P
and I'm fairly certain that this (lack of plot for terran side) was announced either shortly after or even before the release of AP

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”