X3: Albion Prelude 1.1 has landed, and it's brought X3: Terran Conflict 3.2 with it!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 29. Jan 12, 18:02

dlryan wrote:
Cycrow wrote:
dlryan wrote:I just built a new octocore computer with 16gbs of ram.

Will this take advantage of my processor and use it?

I hope it's worth buying on steam, I don't want a huge download for a game that's in the end, marginally different.
it'll only use 1 core and 4gb ram
Only 1core? ...Call me oldfashioned but I would've expected any game made in the last couple years to at least run off 2...

I hope the MARS script (automatic weapon swapping) from TC, has been reworked and created for this. For combat in anything bigger than a large fighter that script was absolutely mandatory..
the game wasn't made in the last couple of years thou, its based on a engine that was released in 2005

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Sun, 29. Jan 12, 19:50

CBJ wrote:That's not quite correct.

The game is only available on Steam at the moment, yes.

If you have bought the X-Superbox, whether on Steam or not, then you can get X3AP free of charge. If your X-Superbox was bought on Steam then X3AP will have been added to your library automatically. If you bought a boxed X-Superbox then you need to register it on Steam, then all the games in the package, including X3AP, will be available to you on Steam.
Sorry i forgot to add that the Steam X-Supebox already included AP, all because since I knew it, it sounded logical, but not so from the pother point of view.
CBJ wrote:If you bought X3TC alone then you can get X3AP at the upgrade price on Steam. The same rules apply as above, i.e. if you bought your X3TC on Steam then you can buy it at that price straight away, and if you bought your X3TC as a boxed edition then you need to register it on Steam first.

You only need to buy a package including multiple games if you've not already bought X3TC at all. In this case you can buy X3 Gold, X3 Terran War Pack or the X-Superbox.
And also forgot to mention that AP recquires X3 TC to play wihtout having to rebuy TC, thus the different game packs I cited.
dlryan wrote:
Cycrow wrote:
dlryan wrote:I just built a new octocore computer with 16gbs of ram.

Will this take advantage of my processor and use it?

I hope it's worth buying on steam, I don't want a huge download for a game that's in the end, marginally different.
it'll only use 1 core and 4gb ram
Only 1core? ...Call me oldfashioned but I would've expected any game made in the last couple years to at least run off 2...

I hope the MARS script (automatic weapon swapping) from TC, has been reworked and created for this. For combat in anything bigger than a large fighter that script was absolutely mandatory..
To add to what Cycrow already explained, this is one of the main reasons (if not the main) why they made (and named) Rebirth the way it will be. No skyscrapper buiding on a decade old foundation, everything brand new.
SCUM : They may exceed you in number, but not in value.

Slashman
x4

Post by Slashman » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 04:21

StarTroll wrote:To add to what Cycrow already explained, this is one of the main reasons (if not the main) why they made (and named) Rebirth the way it will be. No skyscrapper buiding on a decade old foundation, everything brand new.
Out of curiosity, how long have they been working on Rebirth? I can't remember if they have mentioned that. Like when did they start building the new engine?
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

strude
x4

Post by strude » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 07:03

Slashman wrote:Out of curiosity, how long have they been working on Rebirth? I can't remember if they have mentioned that. Like when did they start building the new engine?
From memory, been in development 4 years
Gaming PC: Gigabyte H270M-D3H | i7 7700 | 16Gb DDR4 | Gigabyte GTX1060 6Gb OC | Asus Xonar DGX | Window 10 Home 64bit | Samsung 256Gb SSD

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 13:54

strude wrote:
Slashman wrote:Out of curiosity, how long have they been working on Rebirth? I can't remember if they have mentioned that. Like when did they start building the new engine?
From memory, been in development 4 years
A few years, but what I said is not far from what Bernd said about the successive X games being built on top of each precedent one, the basement being X BTF. It should still be around somewhere in the Rebirth Forum or maybe some news

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 18:40

I finally broke down and tried to register my hard copy of TC with Steam so I can try out AP (after taking it into town to download it), only to discover that my CD key won't work with Steam because I bought X3 Gold instead of plain TC.

With that having been said, do we have a release date yet for hard copy AP, and will it work with non-Steam TC?
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 18:42

X3 Gold should work just the same, are you sure ur using the TC key with steam ?

its possible X3 Gold came with multiple keys

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 18:46

Huh. It worked this time, but now I've got a different problem: it wants to download TC onto my computer. Any way to tell Steam to shove it?

EDIT: To clarify, any way to point Steam to my existing installation?
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 18:52

you need to copy your existing game into the correct place so steam sees it, then it'll just check instead of downloading anything

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 19:48

What directory?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 19:51

Standard directory is C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\x3 terran conflict.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 20:03

And make sure you name the directory exactly how steam names it when DLing, to the capital letter, otherwise it won't work (at least with a X3 Terran Conflict directory name it didn't work for me), and it still will have to DL some Megs, patches and Steam stuff..

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 20:51

Well, I got the game running, but it seems it can't read my old save file. But the CPU load was becoming unsustainable so I was probably going to need to restart anyway.

Sorry to hijack the thread for a tech support issue.

Baracus

Post by Baracus » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 00:21

Hey is there a script that makes terran ships kamakazi? I was fighting xenon and didnt see this happen once, then I jump into terran space and start bullying thier sluggish captital ships. Anyway, I was fighting tokyo/kyoto and a few fighters broke off from the formation and suicide attacked me.

Once the capitals popped some ran, others came in for more banzaii fun. I thought it was kinda cool, and Im pretty sure they did it on purpose because not all of them did it. The ones that did waited till they were out of missiles and then boom- straight into my shields.

Ive also had Q's try to flank me multiple times, I engage one, another swoops in- I make sure I still have an emergancy break off route to dis-engage and thats usually where the 3rd Q jumps in. Some of the things the AI has been doing is dirty & clever. Im un-modded by the way.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

strude
x4

Post by strude » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 02:06

StarSword wrote:Well, I got the game running, but it seems it can't read my old save file.
Your TC save games were never intended to be available within AP.
Gaming PC: Gigabyte H270M-D3H | i7 7700 | 16Gb DDR4 | Gigabyte GTX1060 6Gb OC | Asus Xonar DGX | Window 10 Home 64bit | Samsung 256Gb SSD

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 02:21

strude wrote:
StarSword wrote:Well, I got the game running, but it seems it can't read my old save file.
Your TC save games were never intended to be available within AP.
I was actually referring to my old TC save being unavailable in TC.
Baracus wrote:Hey is there a script that makes terran ships kamakazi? I was fighting xenon and didnt see this happen once, then I jump into terran space and start bullying thier sluggish captital ships. Anyway, I was fighting tokyo/kyoto and a few fighters broke off from the formation and suicide attacked me.
Depends on if it looked like they were trying to bank away at the last second. That would indicate the auto-pillock rearing its ugly head again rather than the Terrans intentionally ramming you.

OverlordDarkWolf
x3tc

Post by OverlordDarkWolf » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 12:15

Just a quick question, sorry if it has been asked, but about the X3TC 3.2 patch, will mods that worked with 3.1 work with it?
"Jack of all trades, master of none, though oftentimes better than master of one"

Shootist
x4

Post by Shootist » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 12:23

OverlordDarkWolf wrote:Just a quick question, sorry if it has been asked, but about the X3TC 3.2 patch, will mods that worked with 3.1 work with it?
The best thing to do is ask in the S&M forum. The usual answer is no.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 13:04

The changes we made to X3TC shouldn't affect any mods or scripts. However since we never know exactly what those crazy modders have got up to, we can't guarantee it. As Shootist said, you'll need to ask the creators of the specific script(s) and mod(s) that you are using whether they know of any problems.

Peanutcat
x4

Post by Peanutcat » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 17:30

"Valhalla's jumpdrive will no longer jump to gates (because it's too big!)"

Don't you dare tell me that the Vallhalla is in AP...
F signature

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”