X3: Albion Prelude 1.1 has landed, and it's brought X3: Terran Conflict 3.2 with it!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 07:16

Still no HQ? Does it mean that there will be more pathes later?

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 07:24

mr.WHO wrote:Still no HQ? Does it mean that there will be more pathes later?
CBJ wrote:The second update to X3AP, version 2.0, will come a few weeks later and will introduce some new content.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

WarmMachineME
x3tc

Post by WarmMachineME » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 08:00

Some of the best post-release support in the industry right here, I believe.

JAFA_NZ
x3tc

Post by JAFA_NZ » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 08:19

I just want to say a general "Thank You" to Egosoft, the Beta-Testers, & anyone else who helped them with patches, & the initial creation of AP for that matter.

Reliku
x4

thank you for the patch

Post by Reliku » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 08:24

I was starting to get bored waiting for it, now I can do more than trade entertainment chips, game is now smooth, just some occasional stutter when seta but i can live with that! Thank you!

p.s. If I lose my job because I couldnt go to sleep playing the game, thus couldnt wake up, it will be all your fault! :lol:

DarkKlown77
x3tc

Post by DarkKlown77 » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 08:29

Oh my smoothness, the egosoft team did a great job on this patch, testers thank you. I can her on high again. Also it seems that the fleets don't missle spam every enemy ship in sector now, I actually get a chance to shoot some terran scum out of space, love it.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 08:41

I assume that this patch will not break saved games? (ie: Does not require a restart.)

NEMESIS165
x4

Post by NEMESIS165 » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 08:41

Thanks, kyoto finaly got his hangar xD But you forgot about Megalodon ! Q_Q docking bay and weapon re balance :/ adding ion cannon

icer
x3tc

Post by icer » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 08:48

Morkonan wrote:I assume that this patch will not break saved games? (ie: Does not require a restart.)
it shouldnt break save games but it did break mine :(

grumman
x3tc

Post by grumman » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 09:03

Has the Marine fix lifted the arbitrary rule about who can and can't tell their Marines where to spacewalk?
Grumman - killjoy extraordinaire

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 09:18

icer wrote:
Morkonan wrote:I assume that this patch will not break saved games? (ie: Does not require a restart.)
it shouldnt break save games but it did break mine :(
Sorry to hear that.

I would never install a patch until the developer makes a definitive statement regarding saved games. The patch is an exe and I don't know if there is documentation inside it, as if it is just an automated extractor like other patches, or if it is an automated installer. There's no patch-installation instructions that clearly say, either way. "Run and follow instructions" isn't very informative. Patch release and installation notes are commonly displayed somewhere outside of the executables, on the web or in an inclusion, for a reason.

(Hint, Hint - I love you, Egosoft. Thank you for providing this backwards compatible patch! But, come on guys, polish things up a bit, k? You want to be in the Big League, right? I want you to be.)

The-Monk
x3tc

Post by The-Monk » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 09:50

Many thanks Egosoft. Looking forward to trying the patch tonight :)

DukeFlame
xr

Post by DukeFlame » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 10:08

Excellent patch.. Game is running very smooth atm. Enjoying flying my new corvette ;p

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 10:21

Morkonan wrote:I would never install a patch until the developer makes a definitive statement regarding saved games.
Yes, the patch is savegame compatible. Indeed, you can safely assume that all our patches are savegame compatible, and that we would make a very prominent statement if this were not the case some time.
Morkonan wrote:(Hint, Hint - I love you, Egosoft. Thank you for providing this backwards compatible patch! But, come on guys, polish things up a bit, k? You want to be in the Big League, right? I want you to be.)
As you now know, the person you quoted was using a game that had been modified in some unspecified way. We can test for many things, but this isn't one of them.

mcjomar
x3tc

Post by mcjomar » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 10:47

I'm curious as to the changes on the Stock Market - could you please elaborate as to the exact changes that have occurred in regards to this feature?

Is it to do with the local stocks fluctuating during the early game, or some other component that hasn't been mentioned?

(Basically, how will it affect those of us using the local and company stock markets to aid us in making the money we need to start up our businesses?)
SHA Vice Admiral

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 10:57

Catching up with some answers here.
Arkblade wrote:
- Valhalla's jumpdrive will no longer jump to gates (because it's too big!)
hmm... Interesting...
Is this how it works?
can I adapt this to Big/Huge Ship MOD?
You may struggle as it's completely Valahalla-specific behaviour.
salking wrote:Isn't the megalodon supposed to have some docking ability as well?
Not at the moment. We will be reviewing the Megalodon as part of the next patch.
Dakota- wrote:What does this mean? In other words, can you explain what you thought was broken and what you fixed?
Ships running the Trade Command Mk3 were reported as straying into blacklisted sectors. This was what was fixed, hopefully!
strude wrote:No changes to TC OOS code then?
No. As we said they would be from the start, the X3TC changes were just bug-fixes and performance improvements. The OOS changes in X3AP were more significant, especially with the latest iteration in 1.1, and cannot be back-ported so easily.
jadesword89 wrote:
CBJ wrote: - Fixed various minor issues with marines, fleets and RRF
Any chance we can get these details?
Marines:
- Don't purge marines too quickly.
- Fixed marines in player docks.

Fleets:
- Corrected energy resupply amount (changed from jump distance to ware amount).
- Adjusted fleet ship ordering when jumping to hostile sector.
- Fixed additional supplier ships.
- Corrected ships joining the fleet when ordered.

RRF
- Removed bad RRF signal.
- Added clean up for RRF ships captured by the player.
mcjomar wrote:I'm curious as to the changes on the Stock Market - could you please elaborate as to the exact changes that have occurred in regards to this feature?
- Fixed multiple selling of same share when hitting enter quickly while selling shares.
- Fixed dropped cargo crate exploit.
- Fixed transfer wares from station to player owned ship exploit.
- Fixed Natural wares being too profitable.
- Fixed reporting menus not being scrollable if longer than 1 page.
- Fixed exploit involving player stations with production turned off.
- Fixed problems with loading a savegame made in one language with a game running another language.
- Fixed incorrect data displaying on some reports.
- Fixed a freeze associated with the Stock Exchange.

Edit: Typo.
Last edited by CBJ on Wed, 18. Jan 12, 11:12, edited 1 time in total.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 11:10

CBJ wrote:
Morkonan wrote:I would never install a patch until the developer makes a definitive statement regarding saved games.
Yes, the patch is savegame compatible. Indeed, you can safely assume that all our patches are savegame compatible, and that we would make a very prominent statement if this were not the case some time.
Morkonan wrote:(Hint, Hint - I love you, Egosoft. Thank you for providing this backwards compatible patch! But, come on guys, polish things up a bit, k? You want to be in the Big League, right? I want you to be.)
As you now know, the person you quoted was using a game that had been modified in some unspecified way. We can test for many things, but this isn't one of them.
I know that now. But, I didn't know that when I posted. It was not the current issue that entirely motivated me to post that, either.

But, thank you very much for your responses and the clarification that saved game compatibility should always be "understood." Considering the amount of time someone can spend with their X game, you can surely understand the hesitancy of a new X player, not intimately familiar with Egosoft patch history, and how tenderly such a player treats their saved game files. :D

Calairanth
x3tc

Post by Calairanth » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 11:15

- M8 ships now considered more powerful than M6 ships for mission balancing
Forgive me for not fully understanding this, but does this mean I should be a bit more careful in my Springblossom when facing Defend/kill missions that engage M8's?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 11:18

No, it means that missions will "rate" M8 ships more highly than M6 ships when it comes to choosing which ships to include in missions. Previously M6 ships were rated higher so M8s got chosen for lower difficulty missions, which could lead to some nasty surprises for players!

Calairanth
x3tc

Post by Calairanth » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 11:23

Ah, thanks for clarifying. Though I've put a few hundred hours putting about the universe doing basic stuff, I'm still learning the in's and out's and hope to one day know exactly what I'm doing. :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”