X3: Albion Prelude 1.1 has landed, and it's brought X3: Terran Conflict 3.2 with it!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 19:41

its showing for me too.

althou it didn't show the 1.1 for awhile after release althou it was showing it find in View all news

perhaps steam just caches what it displays there and hasn't updated it for you yet

wRAR
x3tc

Post by wRAR » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 19:42

gbjbaanb wrote:
CBJ wrote: The Steam news page does show details of the 1.1 update in the X3AP news page (and the 3.2 update for X3TC) and has done so since the patch was released.
yes it does but the "recent news" section on the AP Library page doesn't (the bit underneath the achievements) - the last bit of news is the 1.0b patch. (or at least, that's what I see, I thought maybe it was an oversight, but maybe steam's screwed it up for me). I do see the 1.1 patch, but only if I click the 'show all news'. Which I don't tend to do as there's a mini view of the latest.
WORKSFORME

kylania
x4

Post by kylania » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 22:19

strude
x4

Post by strude » Tue, 24. Jan 12, 04:34

In the recent news section in the in the library, my AP shows the 1.1 update, but the recent news section of TC only shows the AP release announcement. Going to the view all news section for either game shows the most recent updates for each game respectively.
Gaming PC: Gigabyte H270M-D3H | i7 7700 | 16Gb DDR4 | Gigabyte GTX1060 6Gb OC | Asus Xonar DGX | Window 10 Home 64bit | Samsung 256Gb SSD

Eisenkalle
x3tc

Post by Eisenkalle » Tue, 24. Jan 12, 17:19

Steel_back wrote:
Eisenkalle wrote:Any news about it? Being boardable or just a simple take over possible?
As i'm funkin' around with it already after the patch, i can ssure you it's now a simple derilict ship like those in X3:TC.
Good to know, thank you.

Now I will hopefully be able to fly in a flying merry-go-around some time in the future. As long as it has some A/B KEs on board left... hrhr.
I am a Mistral Tycoon!

Poisoned Paranid Start (X3TC): Take a joyride in a Hyperion Vanguard (250.3m/s)! VANILLA Updated 2012-04-02 (new mediafire link)

Ravna

Post by Ravna » Tue, 24. Jan 12, 22:33

Thx for your work on TC, we all know you didn't have to and you are busy enough right now.
I for one never had any issues, my game always worked like a charm.
Might have something to do to with Wine being better than Windows . . :P
I play X* on Unix.

Having played AP, I was hoping for the new goodies.
You know . . the new AP ships, new station models with sensible storage space, pandora containers etc.
My TC Hyp V limps along with 230 while the same ship does 100+ more in AP.
i keep sending ships to docks which are already full.
It's getting a bit confusing if you switch games a lot.

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Wed, 25. Jan 12, 05:16

Jumee wrote:
ivd wrote:Hi guys,

First of all I'd like to thank Egosoft for the great patch (playing @ high res and good fps is awesome).
I'm no X3 expert , but still I can't understand why are people so concerned about minor changes to some ships like the Boreas (which is imho totally overpowered), Cerberus, Astraeus etc and are not concerned about lack of balance to the Springblossom and Spitfyre (especially the Springblossom) ?
These two are making the rest in their respective class quite useless.....
Even worse taking out a M7 and its fighter support group flying a single Springblossom and not dropping below 60 % on shields is making the use of M7s questionable. A 2000 units XL cargo space (makes some of the frieghters obsolete), the starburst M3,4,5 frying guns and the 360 m/s speed (with the random crates it gets even faster (mine is @ 396 atm) and all this for 6.1 mil ?....doh I'd never , ever fly another M6 ....or a slow, fat ....M7.
About the Spitfyre - it makes fun of ALL other M3s in the game , but is more or less useless against M5s due to its weapons` slow projectile speed.
Anyway I'd be happy to see those two ......balanced :)
dont you dare to touch my springy :P
It's called an Iwin ship. I just won't use it if it's unbalanced.
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

Shootist
x4

Post by Shootist » Wed, 25. Jan 12, 14:41

surferx wrote:It's called an Iwin ship. I just won't use it if it's unbalanced.
I'm not convinced that a sandbox game can be unbalanced. In dogfights, not all players are created equally. Springblossom levels all playing fields. As can the Vidar, overtuned Hyperion Vanguard and Boreas, to one degree or another.

If you need more balance, might I suggest a Teledi Osprey?

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Wed, 25. Jan 12, 15:05

surferx wrote:
Jumee wrote:
ivd wrote:Hi guys,

First of all I'd like to thank Egosoft for the great patch (playing @ high res and good fps is awesome).
I'm no X3 expert , but still I can't understand why are people so concerned about minor changes to some ships like the Boreas (which is imho totally overpowered), Cerberus, Astraeus etc and are not concerned about lack of balance to the Springblossom and Spitfyre (especially the Springblossom) ?
These two are making the rest in their respective class quite useless.....
Even worse taking out a M7 and its fighter support group flying a single Springblossom and not dropping below 60 % on shields is making the use of M7s questionable. A 2000 units XL cargo space (makes some of the frieghters obsolete), the starburst M3,4,5 frying guns and the 360 m/s speed (with the random crates it gets even faster (mine is @ 396 atm) and all this for 6.1 mil ?....doh I'd never , ever fly another M6 ....or a slow, fat ....M7.
About the Spitfyre - it makes fun of ALL other M3s in the game , but is more or less useless against M5s due to its weapons` slow projectile speed.
Anyway I'd be happy to see those two ......balanced :)
dont you dare to touch my springy :P
It's called an Iwin ship. I just won't use it if it's unbalanced.
no one is forcing you to :P

chrisco54
x4

Post by chrisco54 » Wed, 25. Jan 12, 21:40

Awesome update greatly improved the FPS in sectors, running on win7 64bit with steam client and it's more stable than other games I own. Cant wait to see what future updates will bring. Even though you guys came out with a new game thanks for still supporting TC, I still own the hard copy I bought in 2009 and it's still getting updated.

PS,
On those engine tuning crates I've only found one and didn't know what it was so I picked it up in a buster...oops. Anyway I have an idea. What if after completing a random mission on a rare chance your employer would offer you either the money or limited time only now crate, just throwing it out there :)

Slashman
x4

Post by Slashman » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 00:28

chrisco54 wrote:Awesome update greatly improved the FPS in sectors, running on win7 64bit with steam client and it's more stable than other games I own. Cant wait to see what future updates will bring. Even though you guys came out with a new game thanks for still supporting TC, I still own the hard copy I bought in 2009 and it's still getting updated.
I gotta add my thanks and support here too. When I bought Terran Conflict year before last on Steam, I never thought the game would be getting updated, let alone a new expansion like AP.

Egosoft has really shown its a worthwhile company to support.
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 03:25

chrisco54 wrote:Awesome update greatly improved the FPS in sectors, running on win7 64bit with steam client and it's more stable than other games I own. Cant wait to see what future updates will bring. Even though you guys came out with a new game thanks for still supporting TC, I still own the hard copy I bought in 2009 and it's still getting updated.

PS,
On those engine tuning crates I've only found one and didn't know what it was so I picked it up in a buster...oops. Anyway I have an idea. What if after completing a random mission on a rare chance your employer would offer you either the money or limited time only now crate, just throwing it out there :)
Actually keeping EmperorJon's script on hand is quite usefull. It allows you to immediatly be informed of all dereclit ships as well as crates, and it locates them as well as placing a sat at each item's coordinate.
If you don't want to spoil the exploring fun, you may better not use it, but seeing as there isn't much to discover with exploration (outside of sector activity I mean) it cuts down a huge loss of search time.
SCUM : They may exceed you in number, but not in value.

Post by Guest » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 19:04

dijeron que en el proximo patch estaría la tracucción al español. hay alguna noticia de cuando va a suceder? desde ya muchas gracias.

They said that in the next patch would be the translation to the Spanish. is there any news when is going to happen? from already thank you very much.

Post by Guest » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 19:11

me refiero a x3 Albion Prelude, gracias.

I am referring to x3 Albion Prelude, thanks.

Slashman
x4

Post by Slashman » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 20:42

noseforget wrote:me refiero a x3 Albion Prelude, gracias.

I am referring to x3 Albion Prelude, thanks.
I was going to study Spanish at one point...then I took an arrow to the knee.
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 21:00

noseforget wrote:They said that in the next patch would be the translation to the Spanish. is there any news when is going to happen? from already thank you very much.
Unfortunately for a variety of reasons the Spanish translation didn't make it in time. Hopefully at some point we will be able to add it to the range of available language options, but I'm afraid I can't guarantee it will happen or put a timescale on it.

Post by Guest » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 21:24

muchas gracias por la respuesta.
voy a seguir jugando con x3 terran conflict (español)... aunque compre x3 albion prelude no me animo ni a instalarlo porque tiene agregados en la economia (o algo parecido) que hasta que no este la traducción se me va a complicar. voy a esperar ansioso

Thank you very much for your reply.
I will continue playing with x 3 terran conflict (Spanish)... Although you buy x3 albion prelude not encouraged me not to install it because it has added in the economy (or something similar) that until there is no translation is going to complicate. I'm waiting anxious

Greyhawk1
x3tc

Post by Greyhawk1 » Sat, 28. Jan 12, 02:57

Is this only available if you bought your game from Steam?

I have a boxed version, cant see anywhere to download it

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Sat, 28. Jan 12, 03:57

Greyhawk1 wrote:Is this only available if you bought your game from Steam?

I have a boxed version, cant see anywhere to download it
AP is only avaiable on Steam for now and is added to the Steam Library of those who registered the retail X-Superbox to Steam. Otherwise you have to buy it, either AP, Terran War Pack (TC+AP), X3 Gold (R+TC+AP) or the Superbox.
SCUM : They may exceed you in number, but not in value.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 28. Jan 12, 13:28

That's not quite correct.

The game is only available on Steam at the moment, yes.

If you have bought the X-Superbox, whether on Steam or not, then you can get X3AP free of charge. If your X-Superbox was bought on Steam then X3AP will have been added to your library automatically. If you bought a boxed X-Superbox then you need to register it on Steam, then all the games in the package, including X3AP, will be available to you on Steam.

If you bought X3TC alone then you can get X3AP at the upgrade price on Steam. The same rules apply as above, i.e. if you bought your X3TC on Steam then you can buy it at that price straight away, and if you bought your X3TC as a boxed edition then you need to register it on Steam first.

You only need to buy a package including multiple games if you've not already bought X3TC at all. In this case you can buy X3 Gold, X3 Terran War Pack or the X-Superbox.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”