Xmas Surprise - X3 Albion Prelude - Now available on Steam!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

skadoink
x3

Post by skadoink » Mon, 16. Jan 12, 13:21

StarTroll wrote:They do fit well together. the first explains that you have access to a no-Steam executable which allows you to not have steam on permanantly, and the second says taht you still have to activate the game on Steam then go on with the patch to "lose" Steam.
That's not what the 1st statement says though - to paraphrase, it says I can play the game without steam having been installed. If that is not the intended meaning, then I suggest it should be changed to be clear.
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure....

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 16. Jan 12, 13:30

skadoink wrote:
StarTroll wrote:They do fit well together. the first explains that you have access to a no-Steam executable which allows you to not have steam on permanantly, and the second says taht you still have to activate the game on Steam then go on with the patch to "lose" Steam.
That's not what the 1st statement says though - to paraphrase, it says I can play the game without steam having been installed. If that is not the intended meaning, then I suggest it should be changed to be clear.
it doesn't say anything about never needing to install steam, it just says for thats who dont want it running permantly.
so once its installed, you can use the exe to remove the steam dependacy.

StarTroll
x4

Post by StarTroll » Mon, 16. Jan 12, 19:47

skadoink wrote:
But then how would you currently acquire the game ?
SCUM : They may exceed you in number, but not in value.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 16. Jan 12, 20:04

Right now you wouldn't, but then 2.0 hasn't been released yet either. When the DVD version comes out it will be 2.0, and at some point thereafter the NoSteam version of the 2.0 executable will be made available to registered users.

Looney
x3tc

Post by Looney » Tue, 17. Jan 12, 03:01

Is there any further information as to when the DVD version is to be released?
Forgive me eagerness! :oops:
Thanks,
Loons :wink:

Reliku
x4

Post by Reliku » Tue, 17. Jan 12, 04:13

Whatever happened to impulse? Not saying thats good or bad or anything, just that you can at least turn that off and still play the game.

Shootist
x4

Post by Shootist » Tue, 17. Jan 12, 14:43

[ external image ]

What this world needs is a little good cheese.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 17. Jan 12, 16:49

Looney wrote:Is there any further information as to when the DVD version is to be released?
In the Special X-Universe News Edition about X3AP the 24th February is confirmed as release date for several European countries.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Looney
x3tc

Post by Looney » Tue, 17. Jan 12, 19:32

Thankyou for the info - X2 illuminatus.
I will have my Money ready and prepared for then.
Assuming the UK is one of those European Countries? :o
Thanks,
Loons
:D

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 17. Jan 12, 20:44

Hey Looney. Long time... :)

According to the X-News there will definitely be a means of getting it in the UK, but whether it will be available on its own, or only as part of the Terran War Pack, is not so clear. I don't have any further information to add to that I'm afraid.

Looney
x3tc

Post by Looney » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 12:38

Mr.CBJ! Too Long Mate!
Glad to see your still keeping the EGOSOFT logo Golden and Shiney. :D
Well i have got every version of the game since its inception on dvd, so whatever its form of release i will be sure to grab a copy.
Thankyou, and keep up the great work!
The Loons :twisted:

Slashman
x4

Post by Slashman » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 14:40

The new patch for TC and AP is live on Steam! :x3:
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 14:52

Slashman wrote:The new patch for TC and AP is live on Steam! :x3:
Current total, 4 threads about the steam/AP patch availability, 0 threads complaining about not being able to download 3.2 (I haven't seen a single comment in fact). Wasn't one of the reasons cited for steam for AP 'reduced support requirements'?
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 15:19

I'm not sure quite what point you think you're making here, especially since much of the "support cost" of not using Steam is associated with people not installing patches, but regardless, it's not in the slightest bit relevant to this thread.

In fact, since we now have a shiny new 1.1 thread, I think this one can sink down the forum. :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”