[TC] XENON WARS by deca.death

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

heratik
x3tc

Post by heratik » Thu, 22. Sep 11, 14:49

So is maximum anti capital capabilities!

Thats when the 8 ship hangar bay comes into use, 8 x 4PBG/4HEPT Nova R/Falcon H or some Terran fighters on top of the Shrike's remaining 2x2 FAA should be adequate should it not?

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Thu, 22. Sep 11, 16:20

So far I've not encountered anything bigger than an M6 in the Kha'ak Sectors.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Vyrebird
x4

Post by Vyrebird » Thu, 22. Sep 11, 20:12

Triaxx2 wrote:So far I've not encountered anything bigger than an M6 in the Kha'ak Sectors.
Fear not, the Kha'ak M2s and M1s will show up in time ;)

David Howland
x3tc

Impressive!

Post by David Howland » Fri, 23. Sep 11, 10:34

Very Impressive deca.!
On the aquisition front, I used to always be astonished at how Bill Huntington got his hands on so many Tyrs, with you it is IBLs. How do you source so many? Is it:-
1. Spoils of war and boarding?
2. Farming Yaki Sectors, I have been trying this for over six months now with precious few results, in fact a couple of their stations have just turned red on me again?
3. Are we cloning here? A lot of exploiting to do, to get so many though!
Or maybe a combination of all three? That would explain the vast numbers!

Always nice to see a successful new angle on dealing with those tin cans, well done, I look forward to your next instalment. Good Luck!
The BANISHED RETURNS.
HEALTH WARNING! Steam Damages Freedom Of Speech!
Congratulations Egosoft on increasing memory usage from 2 to 3 Gb.
Bin playing X too long when Egosoft refuses to sell you their latest game?
The only steam I want is in my kettle! STEAM=GAME OVER.

heratik
x3tc

Re: Impressive!

Post by heratik » Fri, 23. Sep 11, 11:43

David Howland wrote: I used to always be astonished at how Bill Huntington got his hands on so many Tyrs, with you it is IBLs. How do you source so many? Is it:-
1. Spoils of war and boarding?
!
I have hundreds of IBLs, ALL of which were acquired through boarding, mainly pirate ships, but many race ships come equipped with them also. Considering that if you are patient at reloading at the core hack phase, you can get up to 26 IBL from pirate capitals, and I have boarded dozens, you see getting hold of IBL is no issue for me :D

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Fri, 23. Sep 11, 11:49

I once capped 3 Rays in a row all packing 32 IBLs each. Contrary to popular opinion I don't find Yaki have a higher chance to have them. Any ship that can mount them as an equal chance to have some on board once you've capped it.
I find it counter productive to cap too many yaki ships anyway. Since I want them friendly to get all I can out of their fabs. They give a steady trickle of them, tho this is pretty damn slow. Something in the region of ten (ish) per game day.

David Howland
x3tc

Thanks!

Post by David Howland » Sat, 24. Sep 11, 15:27

Thank you Gentlemen for that reassuring info.
I can see that my next lesson at my Dukes Marine Training Centre is going to have to focus on Hull preservation and Core hacking RELOADING skills!
I really must get a proper syllabus sorted for my centre, training at the moment is far too haphazard.
The BANISHED RETURNS.
HEALTH WARNING! Steam Damages Freedom Of Speech!
Congratulations Egosoft on increasing memory usage from 2 to 3 Gb.
Bin playing X too long when Egosoft refuses to sell you their latest game?
The only steam I want is in my kettle! STEAM=GAME OVER.

cmdnenad
x3tc

Re: [TC] XENON WARS by deca.death

Post by cmdnenad » Sat, 24. Sep 11, 19:32

deca.death wrote: You know the tales of fighters crashing on Odin's tail /engine fins? Well they are true and worse. I've lost dozens on cutlasses on collisions with ship, that thing is just too huge.
I've noticed that you're less likely to lose fighters this way if you're not personally flying the carrier.

I may just have been lucky, but I have never lost a single fighter due to a carrier collision, unless I was flying the carrier myself. As if the collision detection is turned off if the ship is under AI control.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sat, 24. Sep 11, 20:49

CODEA solves it by not using the launch or landing bays. ADS does as well I believe.

deca.death
x3tc

Re: Impressive!

Post by deca.death » Mon, 26. Sep 11, 22:55

David Howland wrote:Very Impressive deca.!
On the aquisition front, I used to always be astonished at how Bill Huntington got his hands on so many Tyrs, with you it is IBLs. How do you source so many? Is it:-
How did you get the impression that I have many IBLs? Those several ships I have that pack them? Well it's hardly more then .... (lemme see, counting tiger, panther, carrack, python, shrike ...) well 50 or so? But I do have 100 more stored. My sources? First several batches I waited for loong time by LMS forge to deliver. Then I go several lucky boardings (32 pcs on few occasions, first time it was a ray : ), now I just farm yaki forges /cls2 trader docked at each with command buy min 1.

Naroku
x3tc

Post by Naroku » Tue, 27. Sep 11, 08:39

Curious if the battle rank has ny influence on the K or J packages? Currently on hero and trying to push for the next one.
Walk softly and carry a big gun.

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Tue, 27. Sep 11, 10:05

Naroku wrote:Curious if the battle rank has ny influence on the K or J packages? Currently on hero and trying to push for the next one.
I'm not certain but I wouldn't say so. Xenon exist and terrorize galaxy whether player is combat ace or not.

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Tue, 27. Sep 11, 10:05

As you can see, friends, the war continues.

What will happen next is partially up too you too ; )

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Tue, 27. Sep 11, 11:09

Fight rank has an influence mostly on what is spawned when you take a combat mission. That along with the ship you're flying affect it. (Despite the insistence that it doesn't.)

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Tue, 27. Sep 11, 11:24

Triaxx2 wrote:That along with the ship you're flying affect it. (Despite the insistence that it doesn't.)
That condition, supposedly, was removed with some patch. Now (again supposedly) ship that you fly in should not affect mission enemies.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Tue, 27. Sep 11, 14:22

Yeah, I suppose that doesn't explain why I went from an M3 to an M7 and from seeing Carracks to Brigantines.

cdcryx
x3tc

Post by cdcryx » Tue, 27. Sep 11, 19:07

deca.death, first of all I would like to congratulate you for awesome job. If I would expected some major battle fleet stories I knew they would come from you. This is after reading your post (one of the most useful post on the forum) Terraformer Military Industry - Complex Suggestions. I have used most of your complex ideas to build my first and only X3TC empire. Right now I am 1,000 Microchips short for HUB Plot, I have over 8 billion Cr assets, I have capped every M7, M7M, M2, M1 and M6+ in the game (I have used the project boading development program of David Howland, deca.death from Bill Huntington famous boarding Tyr post - Thank you guys), I have around 60 fully trained marines and currently getting close to lvl.6 Duke's reputation.
I would love to follow your path and be the Xenon Nemesis but I do not find enough motivation to do that.

I understand building mega-plexes to support the HUB Plot. I loved to build my missile factories so I can sustain my boarding operations. I had patience waiting so many game days until my marines were fully trained on Eng, Mec and Hack. I understood waiting to level up to a bigger/stronger ship just to be able completing the OFF. But in current game set-up I find no motivation getting engaged in massive battles with Xenon when I know that in 2 hours they are still there maybe even stronger.

By all means, I am not trying to say what you did it's wrong. The sole purpose of writing this is that I am hoping that you could probably guide me toward a way that I can keep playing this great game.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 27. Sep 11, 19:10

Triaxx2 wrote:Yeah, I suppose that doesn't explain why I went from an M3 to an M7 and from seeing Carracks to Brigantines.
No, but the RNG would. It was confirmed by one of the devs shortly after the patch that changed it was released. Player ship and assets no longer affect what opposition appears in a mission. Only the mission difficulty and the player's combat rank matter. Believe it or don't, it doesn't change the facts.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Naroku
x3tc

Post by Naroku » Tue, 27. Sep 11, 21:05

I be;lieve I am one from X-treme combat rank...that being said then is there going to be a major jump to the final rank? ATM i get on very hard defend station or patrol's 2-4 ish m2's or m1's or a combo. If it going to double I want a death star....
Walk softly and carry a big gun.

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Tue, 27. Sep 11, 21:10

cdcryx wrote:But in current game set-up I find no motivation getting engaged in massive battles with Xenon when I know that in 2 hours they are still there maybe even stronger.

By all means, I am not trying to say what you did it's wrong. The sole purpose of writing this is that I am hoping that you could probably guide me toward a way that I can keep playing this great game.
Thanks.
About my current activity, players of X3 usually lean towards war or economy. Through this (my first) playthrough I wanted to try as much thing as possible, to find out what I like and not like. I have done all I planned on doing in this game, finished plots etc. I have build up my war machine, amassed war vessels and build impressive and rich war oriented company /industry. On the end I virtually had no enemy to use all those stuff against. Some full scale war. This game is mainly not designed for endeavors of that scope but anyway. So.. I thought - why not? ; ) I've learned many useful stuff already and again. War is fun ; ) So is pushing game mechanics to is't limits.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”