Overtuning ships, repair laser and 2nd HQ in TC vanilla. Exploit howto with pictures)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sadron
x3tc

Post by sadron » Sat, 26. Jan 13, 04:43

So it doesn't work in the present version of TC either, now?

Rhox
x4

Post by Rhox » Sat, 26. Jan 13, 09:51

sadron wrote:So it doesn't work in the present version of TC either, now?
I don't know exactlöy if the latest version of TC has this exploit fixed, but in TC 3.1.1, it still works (I'm playing non-Steam).

best regards,
Rhox
"Warnung: Frachtraum ist.....Frachtraum enthält nun: Khaak Zerstörer" -"Cool!"

http://www.seizewell.de - die ultimative deutsche Ressource zur X-Reihe
http://www.x-lexikon.xibo.at -ein deutsches Wiki zur X-Reihe

Einheit 101
x3tc

Post by Einheit 101 » Sat, 26. Jan 13, 11:34

TC: GENERALLY YES
AP: GENERALLY NO

Not more to say.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sat, 26. Jan 13, 13:36

As i have read its not too easy to patch for TC so its not likely any patch would fix it.

I used it in 3.2 to outfit a Spitfyre with EEMPCs. If you can still upload the station to a dock i see no reason it would not work.

Moss7
x4

Post by Moss7 » Sat, 26. Jan 13, 15:38

Well if anyone can make a detailed post about pulling the RL trick step by step I would be much grateful.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sat, 26. Jan 13, 16:41

Moss7 wrote:Well if anyone can make a detailed post about pulling the RL trick step by step I would be much grateful.
With french UI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2cdecy4Rt4

I'm not french, but found it quite helpful still.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Mon, 28. Jan 13, 19:29

A very helpful video indeed. One thing to keep in mind: cloning stations is easier and works if jump happens between wares, for wares such as RL it only works if the line jump happens from the last ware to the first ware price line, meaning that your RL must be the last ware on the list (remove everything after it using dockware manager) and the first ware price must be quite high (big shields work well).
TTD wrote: Sorry,but can't remember which file / version. :oops:
That was for yet another exploit, originally published by Mr. Bothersome. It only allows you to clone things, conjuring a R/L or overtuning is impossible through it.
This exploit is in the game code as opposed to a script file and couldn't be patched in TC because of that.

lumbrius
xr

Post by lumbrius » Mon, 29. Apr 13, 11:06

Seems that conjuring has finally been fixed recently? :(

I've tried to get repair lasers in hub, but after add repair laser into Hub ware list, set CLS to load HEPTs into docked ship, open trade menu for that ship and press "Home" at top item in the price-setting region, then nothing happens when menu shifts to repair laser when I hit "Enter", and there is still 0 of them in ship and in Hub.

Einheit 101
x3tc

Post by Einheit 101 » Mon, 29. Apr 13, 15:22

Try Equip dock (not your own one) because it never worked with hub.

lumbrius
xr

Post by lumbrius » Mon, 29. Apr 13, 17:20

Einheit 101 wrote:Try Equip dock (not your own one) because it never worked with hub.
You mean NPC's EQd? That will not work I guess, because one needs to add RL as ware with dockware manager, it can only be done with player's EQd. If that is not working just for hub, I'll try with my own EQd when I'll get one :)

Einheit 101
x3tc

Post by Einheit 101 » Mon, 29. Apr 13, 18:36

then try with your own. youre right, you have to use AI eqd to overtune ships, not to cheat wares.

Moss7
x4

Re: Instructions for generating your own vanilla repair lasers

Post by Moss7 » Tue, 22. Oct 13, 18:28

glenmcd wrote:As per Nanook's request instructions for generating vanilla repair lasers moved here:
----------------------------------------------------------

This is a bug exploit. Unless you've played Terran Conflict for at least 200 hours, you really would be better off not reading further. For now at least.
Spoiler
Show
This exploit uses Kurush's menu-jumping exploit (OP in this thread):
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=303682
I'll assume from here that you've read the above thread enough to know how to use it. With this exploit, you can generate wares that did not previously exist, and do so in a player equipment dock or Xenon Hub. The list of wares includes "normal" wares such as weapons. food, bio, tech etc, plus factories and repair lasers.

To generate repair lasers usable on ships:
Dock at your player EQd in your spacesuit. Use dockware manager to add repair laser. Then remove any ware that is past repair laser, when viewing the list from the trade menu. In other words, wares/factories/ships/others that start with S-Z should be removed. If you've got stock of those in the hub you'll need to remove the stock first. Activate Kurush's menu jumping exploit (I won't explain here as Kurush has done this very well above). Use the trade menu from any ship, place the cursor on the top item in the price-setting region. This is the second section of the trade menu for player stations. Press the "Home" key. Wait until the menu jumps down a line, and then press enter. Whatever ware/factory/ship/other the cursor lands on, will suddenly have maximum quantity in your EQd. For repair lasers, you'll have 10,000 of them. So the critical thing is to have the item you want generated last alphabetically. Transfer the wares elsewhere, and then either generate more or delete that ware from your EQd list and generate the ware that replaces it in the list.

Repair lasers use only one cargobay unit, all prices (min/av/max) are 64 credits. You can have thousands of them in a ship if you want, and xfer to other ships as desired. Because you're using from a ship, you're free to use SETA during all repairs, and of course you don't have to eject before repairing. To do SETA repair, hold down left control and J keys together.

To generate factories, transfer the wares list (all) from any factory of your choosing, including enemies such as Xenon. Although it appears you can generate ships, I haven't taken this all the way through to actually flying one of them. But it works well for generating factories that you don't have the rep (or credits) to buy yet.
The Kurush exploit you're referring to is about overtuning ships in a NPC dock. Can you please explain the way to create Repair Lasers step by step please I've been trying for days, I'm desperate.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 22. Oct 13, 20:38

Please don't resurrect old threads.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”