[TC] Complete List of Ship Sources + Ship Collector's Helper Spreadsheet (spoilers)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

UnknownObject
x3ap

Re: [TC] Complete List of Ship Sources + Ship Collector's Helper Spreadsheet (spoilers)

Post by UnknownObject » Sun, 24. Mar 19, 21:38

nponoBegHuk wrote:
Sun, 24. Mar 19, 11:44
nponoBegHuk wrote:
Sun, 24. Mar 19, 02:40
This is a crude remake from an unreleased version of my hyperion bot, don't expect it to work flawlessly... :oops:
Ran the thing overnight.
  • 10 Arans
  • 61 OCR errors due to bad script timings / suns messing up OCR
  • 541 Nothing found
I'll try it soon.
What is the game version which you used for testing?

nponoBegHuk
xr

Re: [TC] Complete List of Ship Sources + Ship Collector's Helper Spreadsheet (spoilers)

Post by nponoBegHuk » Sun, 24. Mar 19, 21:48

I
UnknownObject wrote:
Sun, 24. Mar 19, 21:38
nponoBegHuk wrote:
Sun, 24. Mar 19, 11:44
nponoBegHuk wrote:
Sun, 24. Mar 19, 02:40
This is a crude remake from an unreleased version of my hyperion bot, don't expect it to work flawlessly... :oops:
Ran the thing overnight.
  • 10 Arans
  • 61 OCR errors due to bad script timings / suns messing up OCR
  • 541 Nothing found
I'll try it soon.
What is the game version which you used for testing?
I used 2.0, but this works with any version. I definitely recommend increasing the wait times now that I used it for a while.
Fast sector selection on the Universe Map | Rock locations for Mobile/OOS mining | Botting for max speed Hyperion | Complete list of ship sources | Capturing smaller ships

My current ship collection:
7 out of 11 *retired* ships found
1 out of 17 *unique* ships found
1 out of 9 *limited* ships found
0 out of 16 *rare* ships found

nponoBegHuk
xr

Post by nponoBegHuk » Tue, 26. Mar 19, 01:15

UnknownObject wrote:
Sun, 24. Mar 19, 21:38
I'll try it soon.
Please download the updated files

https://mega.nz/#!EdAVEAgL!0Pl-mGLERVny ... 0lfHhS9Nv0
https://mega.nz/#!IN5BAIgQ!AF6WCtlt8Q0D ... 7pyfDiG8es

Changes:
  • Goner Ranger will now be detected too.
  • OCR will fail much less frequently due to suns placecement
  • OCR result will be also written to output\results.log for searching or statistic purposes
Installation: Replace files with the same name (one in x3tc\scripts folder, one in bot\TC folder)

Note: remember to change timings again to match your pc performance during saving/activating script editor etc.

the bot "output" file has now 1089 records, with around 10 more Aran sightings and 1 Ranger. I loaded the ranger save but it vanished :gruebel: I'm not really sure what happened there.

EDIT: Ran the updated version overnight, it's clearly much more robust than previous version. I used 1.3 this time. Results are as follows:
  • 513 total reloads
  • 10 Arans (~1,95%)
  • 1 Ranger (~0,2%)
  • 11 OCR / timing errors (~2,19%)
  • 491 - nothing (~95,7%)
And upon inspecting results a problem was discovered - I loaded the save with Ranger and it wasn't there, the same problem as yesterday. And among the saves with Aran, some did have it but many other didn't. I'm not really sure what's happening there. It's not OCR error. I think it's because the bot saves the game immediately after entering UFJD, while the cues responsible for creating Aran/Ranger haven't had a chance to run yet. I will try introducing a 5-second delay after actually entering the sector, maybe this will improve our situation.
Fast sector selection on the Universe Map | Rock locations for Mobile/OOS mining | Botting for max speed Hyperion | Complete list of ship sources | Capturing smaller ships

Red-Spot
x3ap

Post by Red-Spot » Wed, 27. Mar 19, 01:17

Haven't been involved in this so probably only get half of it, but in regard to having logged there are ships but they are not there when you reload.
In UFJD sectors I often find myself seeing the enemy ships jump in after me, not at the same time. It may just be a fraction of a second, but since I can see their jump-signature and than see them materialize in front of me (and Q's at very large distances) I am pretty sure there is a delay.
'Ignoramus et ignorabimus'

nponoBegHuk
xr

Post by nponoBegHuk » Wed, 27. Mar 19, 02:45

Red-Spot wrote:
Wed, 27. Mar 19, 01:17
Haven't been involved in this so probably only get half of it.
Several people on russian forums reported spotting Xenon Unknown Object in the UFJD sector. Even though it's extremely unlikely to be true, at least in vanilla game, we still decided to give it a try.
Red-Spot wrote:
Wed, 27. Mar 19, 01:17
I am pretty sure there is a delay.
Yep, clearly an oversight on my part. But after ~2000 reloads and no Unknown Objects spotted doestn't seem like it's worth shortening my SSD lifespan pursuing this any further...

UnknownObject
x3ap

Post by UnknownObject » Wed, 27. Mar 19, 08:50

nponoBegHuk wrote:
Wed, 27. Mar 19, 02:45
But after ~2000 reloads and no Unknown Objects spotted doestn't seem like it's worth shortening my SSD lifespan pursuing this any further...
I appreciate your efforts very much!
It was something I should have been expecting - as 3.08 Sector Management.xml doesn't refer to SS_SH_SARGON, it was very unlikely for this ship to spawn. I feel it's better to assume that somewhere is a mod adding this ship.

But your script is awesome! One can capture an Aran every day.

Have you tried any versions besides 1.3 and 2.0?

UnknownObject
x3ap

Post by UnknownObject » Sun, 5. May 19, 15:08

Links to MS Excel and Open Office files don't work anymore. Could you reupload them, please?

Thanks!
Last edited by UnknownObject on Wed, 8. May 19, 12:27, edited 1 time in total.

nponoBegHuk
xr

Post by nponoBegHuk » Sun, 5. May 19, 23:27

UnknownObject wrote:
Sun, 5. May 19, 15:08
Links to MS Excel and Open Office files don't work anymore. Could you reupload them, please?
v.2.26 is what I've been using lately. Everything on a single page. Also manual support is removed so you must use the included script to export your collection.

If you prefer the older version layout, get v.2.25 here.

I'm off to sleep.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”