[TC] Aldrin Plot Walkthrough

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Lapo
x4

Post by Lapo » Tue, 22. Mar 11, 01:07

Ash Axiom wrote:I'm having a real devil of a time trying to tow the MMBS. I'm making my attempt with a Split Elephant and standard tractor beam, but the MMBS simply won't come through the gate. I've never actually used the tractor beam before, so I'm not sure if there's a technique to it. Any tips?
Use the autopilot to cross the gate and do not cancel it until the MMBS crosses and your ship reengages the tractor beam. That worked for me.

Ash Axiom

Post by Ash Axiom » Tue, 22. Mar 11, 11:24

Thanks guys, I worked it out.

Word to the wise for my fellow tractor beam rookies, don't shoot your tractor beam at the reticle. The beam actually connects where you shoot, so if you hit the reticle in the middle of the MMBS it will drag the ship crosswise and it will be too long to pass through the gate. Grabbing the nose of the ship so it's dragged lengthwise does the trick.

Rendisboss
xr

Mission One Problem

Post by Rendisboss » Thu, 14. Apr 11, 07:25

I wished I had found this guide before I started this plot. :) My problem is I jumped into a sector with a "butt load" of Khaak. managaged to kill them all but not before a few of my hornets manage to destroy a few of the asteroids before I could scan them. Now I'm stuck at needing to scan 4 asteroids and I had left the sector. 50+ Unfocused jumps, and hundreds of asteroids scanned and still no further progress. Any suggestions?

andrewas
x3tc

Post by andrewas » Thu, 14. Apr 11, 11:16

Its broken, reload from a save before you blew up the asteroids.

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Sun, 17. Apr 11, 16:04

Ok I ran into the object.name@L2M011.Aldrin2Gate bug, I have an autosave when I drop Griffith at the OSB and one when I picked him up from the Power Plant. My last proper save was a few hours ago.
What was the solution for this one?
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Sun, 17. Apr 11, 16:34

when i fought paranid i've heard marine voices like marines start boarding something?? i've quickly checked my own but they were not mine. latter i picked up 4 spacesuits, now i have 4 paranid passengers, not marines. strange or normal? what to do with them?

i also picked up "no pilot" spacesuit (not in same sector). i'm slightly afraid that it will corrupt my savegame or something. what to do with it? keep it as a curiosity?

nponoBegHuk
x4

Post by nponoBegHuk » Mon, 23. May 11, 23:39

Great walktrough series, I really appreciate your effort!

Just wanted to add that you also receive a Baldric Miner at the very beginning (docked at the Orbital Patrol Base as soon as you accept the "go to UFJD sector" quest) and also an Angel, after rescuing J.B. and Bala Gi

I'm using your walkthrough as a reference for plot rewards in my Ship Sources List, hope you don't mind.

EDIT: just finished the aldrin plot, but this time I didn't receive Angel as a reward somehow :( (weird, I remember getting one last time I did this plot, and have reports from other people getting it), but still got Baldric Miner
Fast sector selection on the Universe Map | Rock locations for Mobile/OOS mining | Botting for max speed Hyperion | Complete list of ship sources | Capturing smaller ships

My current ship collection:
11 out of 11 *retired* ships found
17 out of 17 *unique* ships found
9 out of 9 *limited* ships found
16 out of 16 *rare* ships found

Reliku
x4

Post by Reliku » Sun, 5. Jun 11, 20:05

Thanks for the guide, got the shipyard to spawn on TSU1, went to check what was available and factory wise all I see that is unique to terran is protein paste. The list has 2 sizes of power plant, 2 sizes ore, 2 sizes silicon, protein paste, and crystal M, does this list increase over time? I was hoping to have weapon and missile factories.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 5. Jun 11, 20:11

@ Reliku: It sounds like you have a modified t/factories file. What mods or edits are you using?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Reliku
x4

Post by Reliku » Sun, 5. Jun 11, 22:09

no mods, running 3.1, steam version, no add on at all, not even the offical add ons. At one point I had added a cockpit mod, but when I noticed I got the modified tag, I uninstalled it and loaded a old game months ago that was not modified and redo everything.

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Mon, 6. Jun 11, 09:08

Reliku wrote: does this list increase over time? I was hoping to have weapon and missile factories.

Finish whole plot first, then you get whole offer.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 6. Jun 11, 15:04

If completing everything in the plot does not fix the Terran station list properly then run the Steam verify gamefiles cache tool in case your games files are corrupt.

EDIT: OK thanks to Deca.death and Infekted, above and below. I guess when I did that plot I just cracked on to the complete end without checking out the Shipyard in the meantime.
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Mon, 6. Jun 11, 15:20, edited 2 times in total.

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Mon, 6. Jun 11, 15:14

There's nothing wrong with his files. It's as deca says. You only get a very limited selection (mainly SPPs and mines) untill you actually finish the plot.

shamusX

Post by shamusX » Tue, 7. Jun 11, 15:18

Hi.

I have a question at this plot. I think I got stuck.

At chapter 2, Infestation, were I have to fly to Perpetual Sin, I tried to scan the asteroids, but i can't. I scaned them a lot earlier in the game, because I made a space complex in that sector. I didn't knew at that time that it will be a problem. So I cannot load a savegame before this happend.

Any suggestions ? :cry:

Thank you.

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Tue, 7. Jun 11, 15:36

How do you mean "you cant"? Maybe you trying scanning to small. Dump a fast fighter there and order it to scan sector OOS, he should cover all automatically.

shamusX

Post by shamusX » Tue, 7. Jun 11, 15:43

Maybe you didn't understood me correctly. I can't scan them because they are already scanned. How do you scan an asteroid that has already been scanned ? :?

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Tue, 7. Jun 11, 15:51

Oh. No way i can think of. Shouldn't mission just respawn new asteroids in circumstances like that?? That's crap man. hope someone could offer you better idea for dealing with that.

shamusX

Post by shamusX » Tue, 7. Jun 11, 15:55

No new or other asteroids were spawned.

I hope I'm not stuck... :cry:

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 7. Jun 11, 16:52

EDIT: Forget this comment - it was about Final Fury methods!
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Tue, 7. Jun 11, 22:04, edited 1 time in total.

THE_TrashMan
x4

Post by THE_TrashMan » Tue, 7. Jun 11, 17:58

Alternatively, you can try destroying a few stock asteroids using cheats. Or creating new ones. IIRC, they dont' appear scanned.
- Burning with Awesomeness

- Pontifex Maximus Panaidia Est Canicula Infernalis

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”