[TC] Operation Final Fury Plot Walkthrough

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

builder680
Posts: 1028
Joined: Mon, 14. Feb 11, 04:58
x3tc

Post by builder680 » Fri, 1. Apr 11, 20:40

Spychotic wrote:You mean Argon Sector M148? The TL shouldn't be there at all. Nor should it be in Nathan's Voyage, the other Argon sector bordering the Unknown Sector.

Spike
No, he saw a Colossus in M148 on his way to Unknown, then saw the Mammoth getting pwned in Unknown, and confused the names on his way to making his post here.

QED

:)

KewlCrayon
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu, 24. Mar 11, 19:26
x4

Post by KewlCrayon » Fri, 1. Apr 11, 20:41

Spychotic wrote:You mean Argon Sector M148? The TL shouldn't be there at all. Nor should it be in Nathan's Voyage, the other Argon sector bordering the Unknown Sector.

Spike
Its a mission. You have to protect a TL while it builds 3 ore mines, but if it gets damaged it goes retard and heads back to the shipyard for repairs, but instead of repairing it flys around in circles endlessly forcing you to restart the mission.

I'm also have ALOT of trouble on the next mission. You have to protect a convoy of 3 ships, 2 are transporting ships, 1 is transporting goods.
They are freaking retarded.

The Goods ship just flies straight for the gate, but the other 2 ships keep launching their ships out every time a measly Scout comes into vision, then you gotta wait 10 minutes for it to reload all its ships back into its bay. Then it flys 30 meters ahead and repeats.

I had to restart this mission like 5 times before i finally got them through.

But the most annoying part of it is when you gotta take out the Kha'ak station. NONE of these ships will shoot at it, they just buzz around it crashing into it.
I sat here for a half hour in SETA waiting for something to happen, finally I noticed a capital ship flying it, but all it did was fly past the station, shoot it for 2 minutes, then fly in circles around it for an hour not shooting it.

Finally I said screw it and set my ship on autopilot and I'd let my ships weapons slowly pick away at it over an hour in SETA, but then my ship went retard and crashed into the station.

Ugh, I hate this mission so much.

builder680
Posts: 1028
Joined: Mon, 14. Feb 11, 04:58
x3tc

Post by builder680 » Fri, 1. Apr 11, 20:44

KewlCrayon wrote:
Spychotic wrote:You mean Argon Sector M148? The TL shouldn't be there at all. Nor should it be in Nathan's Voyage, the other Argon sector bordering the Unknown Sector.

Spike
Its a mission. You have to protect a TL while it builds 3 ore mines, but if it gets damaged it goes retard and heads back to the shipyard for repairs, but instead of repairing it flys around in circles endlessly forcing you to restart the mission.

I'm also have ALOT of trouble on the next mission. You have to protect a convoy of 3 ships, 2 are transporting ships, 1 is transporting goods.
They are freaking retarded.

The Goods ship just flies straight for the gate, but the other 2 ships keep launching their ships out every time a measly Scout comes into vision, then you gotta wait 10 minutes for it to reload all its ships back into its bay. Then it flys 30 meters ahead and repeats.

I had to restart this mission like 5 times before i finally got them through.

But the most annoying part of it is when you gotta take out the Kha'ak station. NONE of these ships will shoot at it, they just buzz around it crashing into it.
I sat here for a half hour in SETA waiting for something to happen, finally I noticed a capital ship flying it, but all it did was fly past the station, shoot it for 2 minutes, then fly in circles around it for an hour not shooting it.

Finally I said screw it and set my ship on autopilot and I'd let my ships weapons slowly pick away at it over an hour in SETA, but then my ship went retard and crashed into the station.

Ugh, I hate this mission so much.
For that mission, just stay in M148 and put yourself on SETA. In a few minutes it'll be over and you get credit. There are a bunch like it later where you can do the same thing. Not worth the headache, the AI ships are silly with the pathfinding sometimes, especially when they get close to the gate. They make it take WAY longer than it really should.

As far as killing the station, get up next to it, come to a full stop. Then put something heavy on your control key and come back in 10 minutes.

:p

KewlCrayon
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu, 24. Mar 11, 19:26
x4

Post by KewlCrayon » Fri, 1. Apr 11, 21:11

builder680 wrote:
KewlCrayon wrote:
Spychotic wrote:You mean Argon Sector M148? The TL shouldn't be there at all. Nor should it be in Nathan's Voyage, the other Argon sector bordering the Unknown Sector.

Spike
Its a mission. You have to protect a TL while it builds 3 ore mines, but if it gets damaged it goes retard and heads back to the shipyard for repairs, but instead of repairing it flys around in circles endlessly forcing you to restart the mission.

I'm also have ALOT of trouble on the next mission. You have to protect a convoy of 3 ships, 2 are transporting ships, 1 is transporting goods.
They are freaking retarded.

The Goods ship just flies straight for the gate, but the other 2 ships keep launching their ships out every time a measly Scout comes into vision, then you gotta wait 10 minutes for it to reload all its ships back into its bay. Then it flys 30 meters ahead and repeats.

I had to restart this mission like 5 times before i finally got them through.

But the most annoying part of it is when you gotta take out the Kha'ak station. NONE of these ships will shoot at it, they just buzz around it crashing into it.
I sat here for a half hour in SETA waiting for something to happen, finally I noticed a capital ship flying it, but all it did was fly past the station, shoot it for 2 minutes, then fly in circles around it for an hour not shooting it.

Finally I said screw it and set my ship on autopilot and I'd let my ships weapons slowly pick away at it over an hour in SETA, but then my ship went retard and crashed into the station.

Ugh, I hate this mission so much.
For that mission, just stay in M148 and put yourself on SETA. In a few minutes it'll be over and you get credit. There are a bunch like it later where you can do the same thing. Not worth the headache, the AI ships are silly with the pathfinding sometimes, especially when they get close to the gate. They make it take WAY longer than it really should.

As far as killing the station, get up next to it, come to a full stop. Then put something heavy on your control key and come back in 10 minutes.

:p
Ah thats great, this is working. Seems like the Kha'ak dont spawn when you're not around :).

Snafu_X3
Posts: 4256
Joined: Wed, 28. Jan 09, 16:14
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Fri, 1. Apr 11, 21:12

builder680 wrote:As far as killing the station, get up next to it, come to a full stop. Then put something heavy on your control key and come back in 10 minutes.
Hah! 10 barrages of Tomahawks do things a lot quicker! :)
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

KewlCrayon
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu, 24. Mar 11, 19:26
x4

Post by KewlCrayon » Fri, 1. Apr 11, 21:14

Snafu_X3 wrote:
builder680 wrote:As far as killing the station, get up next to it, come to a full stop. Then put something heavy on your control key and come back in 10 minutes.
Hah! 10 barrages of Tomahawks do things a lot quicker! :)
Heh yeah I wish I had a ship nearby that could fire those.

Also my M8 is stuck in Aldrin, had to make a choice to jump it there to bring my springy a jumpdrive.
Just gonna eject an advanced satellite near the sector and let the NPCs do their job while I watch from another sector. Seems like they're smarter when you're not in the sector with them.

EDIT:
Yeah the station is being hammered since I'm not here. Clearly the AI is smarter when the game doesnt have to generate the actual ships when you're in the sector.

Snafu_X3
Posts: 4256
Joined: Wed, 28. Jan 09, 16:14
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sat, 2. Apr 11, 03:52

KewlCrayon wrote:Also my M8 is stuck in Aldrin, had to make a choice to jump it there to bring my springy a jumpdrive.
Here's a trick: jump in an experienced Mk3 trader & swap pilots & Mk3 s/w with a ship in Aldrin. Set <Aldrinship> to be a UT. If the pilot is >=L12 he'll gain a JD shortly.

Swap pilots & s/w back if necessary

Of course, it's easier to bring in TM with a bunch of cheap ships fitted with JDs, but I like my alternative method :)
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

User avatar
Spychotic
Posts: 945
Joined: Fri, 26. Sep 08, 23:52
x3tc

Post by Spychotic » Sun, 17. Apr 11, 02:04

Updated.

Spike
Check out the X3 Wiki!

Struggling with a plotline? Spike's Walkthroughs are your answer!

Whether you're building your first factory or a trading empire, this station management guide was made just for you.

jc-desk1
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed, 21. Feb 07, 19:12
x3tc

Post by jc-desk1 » Wed, 27. Apr 11, 20:28

No - unfortunely its a docking bug. I know - I am stuck doing FF [khaack plot] and I am fighting a perpetual battle. I am thinking of using an exploit and retarting the plot because this is endless! This bug needs fixing pronto...
I have been at this hours.. my figs have blasted corvettes and swarms out of space and we still cant get the criffling teladi to move a few blooty meters though a gate.. I wonder if I should tow em' through thew gate ?.. :evil: :evil: :roll:
jt-desk loves X3!

User avatar
Spychotic
Posts: 945
Joined: Fri, 26. Sep 08, 23:52
x3tc

Post by Spychotic » Thu, 28. Apr 11, 01:54

Spike's Top Tip;

If they're too dumb to fly through a gate, leave them to it and let Darwin have his way....

:roll:

Spike
Check out the X3 Wiki!

Struggling with a plotline? Spike's Walkthroughs are your answer!

Whether you're building your first factory or a trading empire, this station management guide was made just for you.

jc-desk1
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed, 21. Feb 07, 19:12
x3tc

Post by jc-desk1 » Thu, 28. Apr 11, 09:49



MEDALMEDALMEDAL

Joined: 27 Sep 2008
Posts: 833 on topic
Location: Cambridge/Nottingham, UK
Thank you for registering your game

PostPosted: Thu, 28. Apr 11, 04:54 Post subject: Reply with quote Print
Spike's Top Tip;

If they're too dumb to fly through a gate, leave them to it and let Darwin have his way....
Brovisimo!! Mohahahahahaha /lol/roftl!
jt-desk loves X3!

ddvche
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri, 29. Apr 11, 05:46

Post by ddvche » Sat, 14. May 11, 16:02

anyone tried to cap the TL by boarding? getting infinite mines? Or does the TL still runs the mission script, so it just fly in circles after you cap it, like the mysterious "rebuild station" command.

oobee
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri, 24. Oct 08, 22:44
x3tc

Post by oobee » Fri, 3. Jun 11, 22:26

hey guys newbie question. im doing operation final fury and have been sent to level sector 931.

Any tips on how to do this please?

i have an m7,m7m and some m6's. any help would be greatly received.

O.

User avatar
Spychotic
Posts: 945
Joined: Fri, 26. Sep 08, 23:52
x3tc

Post by Spychotic » Fri, 3. Jun 11, 23:29

oobee wrote:hey guys newbie question. im doing operation final fury and have been sent to level sector 931.

Any tips on how to do this please?

i have an m7,m7m and some m6's. any help would be greatly received.

O.
My suggestion;

Pilot the M7M. Fill it chock full of missiles and use it as your primary offensive craft. Don't let any large ships get anywhere near you. Have the M7 (and, if it's equipped to survive the fight, the M6) protect you. Let these take out any annoying fighters that get close. If it looks like one of your support ships is going to be overwhelmed by fighters, send a few Flails in support.

Will be able to give you a bit more hints and tips if you tell us what your ships are and how they're equipped.

Spike
Check out the X3 Wiki!

Struggling with a plotline? Spike's Walkthroughs are your answer!

Whether you're building your first factory or a trading empire, this station management guide was made just for you.

oobee
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri, 24. Oct 08, 22:44
x3tc

Post by oobee » Sat, 4. Jun 11, 16:36

thanks for the reply. i am new to the idea of leveling a sector. i think the idea in this case is to destroy everything before anything respawns. am i right?
i have a deimos with flaks on both sides top and bottom set to attack all enemies. with isr on the front(isr are pretty useless tho.....)
i have an aquilo with flaks at the back and a complex producing hammers and firestorms.
m6's, just a springblossom and vidar. empc's all round no misslies... do i need any other ships? more m6's?
oh and fight rank is crusader. Thanks in advance :)

Post Reply

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”