[TC] Terran Plot Walkthrough

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Kobura
x4

Post by Kobura » Wed, 19. Oct 11, 02:14

Also curiously enough
Spoiler
Show
none of the Marines I got in the first Scabbard were Terrans...!?
Proud of Clan
Proud of Battle
Proud of Honor

Kobura Shinja Cape

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Wed, 19. Oct 11, 03:25

A few notes:

On Chapter Four: Reconnaissance (AKA "Mission Six" in some guides, depending on your start)
Spoiler
Show

As recommended, take a few 25 mj shields with you, an extra jump drive and ecells for at least one jump. However, there have been all sorts of fancy ways people have suggested to avoid the fighters that come barreling out of the Elephant once the tracker is in place. All you really need to do is:

a) Make sure the freighter you're in has a jump drive, ecells installed and the necessary passenger. Also, make sure you have some Salvage Insurance to use.

b) Approach the Elephant so that you are lined up with it, coming in from behind and below. You want to be just to the rear of center to avoid the Elephant's turrets and make it a bit more difficult for the fighter swarm.

c) SAVE the game when you're about 5k out.

d) When you approach within 3k or so, a little cutscene will play then you have to get pretty darn close for the Tracking Timer to start. Once the timer hits around 70% or so, start your jump-drive sequence. If timed right, the tracker will be placed and you will jump out before the fighters get a shot off at you. If they do, you have plenty of shielding to buy you a few seconds.
On Chapter 5: The Lost Colony (AKA "Mission Seven")
Spoiler
Show

Capture Practice: I had no difficulty capturing the Vidar with the marines I was given, unlike some other's. (3.11 patch, not sure if that makes a difference) However, I also ended up blasting the Vidar down to 17% hull... THAT may have had something to do with the fact the Marines captured it so quickly. Not sure, there. BUT, let me say, it took me quite a long time to repair that Vidar by hand. So, if you don't desire to spend the better part of an evening with your Repair Laser, just make token efforts until they automatically hand the Vidar over to you.

On engaging the Xenon attacking ships in Aldrin - Yes, you have plenty of help. But, if you're still tooling around in your Sabre, make sure you don't get swarmed in a dust-up. Let the allied forces take the lead and just mop up the edges.

On the Xenon CPU ship - It is possible that the marines do not gain entry, fail or otherwise do not complete the boarding requirements for the mission. If they don't, you won't be told. The mission will just continue with allied ships blasting the CPU ship and maybe a few stranded marines getting cooked off in the process. Save the game before the fleet moves within striking distance of the CPU ship. That way, if you don't get a successful boarding attempt fairly quickly, you can restart. You will not be informed if the mission is not completable... it'll just go on for ever... At least, that's what happened for me. Even after instructing the transport to pick up marines and relaunch the boarding attempt, I couldn't complete the mission. On a restart, the marines were successful within minutes.

Earth Sector, The Earth Torus and Defenses - They WILL happily blast you back into the stone age if you deviate off course to the docks. Even after you have completed the entire Terran Plot, they will blow the entire memory of the six-grade out your left ear, followed by the bright lights of a laser beam, if you even look like you're thinking about going anywhere except straight to the docks to pick up your grandmother... Any OS ships you direct to leave the approach path and, just about anything else that looks suspicious, gets an immediate introduction to Eternity.

Piloting your player ship off-course for the dock - Boom
Piloting a remotely controlled ship off-course for the dock - Boom
Ejecting a satellite from a remotely guided ship or player ship - Boom x 2
Looking sideways at a school crossing guard - Boom
Failing to quiet the little yappy dog your contracted passenger brought along - Boom
Headlight out - Boom
Pro-Boron Bumper Sticker - Boom
Unlucky Inbound Flight # 487 - Boom
Laser Tower Control Room is out of coffee - Boom
You're reading this instead of deftly piloting your ship straight to the docks to pick up your grandmother - Boom

Autopilot - heh heh.. Yeah, don't use it. Fly manual all the way if you must. You have been practicing manual docking, right? OS ships instructed to dock will go straight to the dock because they don't have to deal with collision detection. So, when you need a jumpdrive from Earth Torus, send an OS ship to pick it up. IS ships on autopilot tend to end up as crispy bits stuck to the sides of Earth Sector's huge bug-zapper of a laser tower complex.

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Sun, 30. Oct 11, 17:10

Can I make a suggestion for the Mission 3 section?

Easy way to prevent Heywood and Pearle from docking with you if you're flying a TM or other hangared ship: fill your empty docking bays. A couple Discos from the shipyard in M148 will do the trick.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Sat, 4. Feb 12, 15:18

I figured out if you use a mod to resize the Aldrin asteroid, when you jump into system you are no longer 100km - 200km away from where you need to be. Its a collision avoidance thing. With a resized rock you jump in 30km from the station and fleet.

Fortunately you can mod the asteroid without getting a modified tag.

Thanks for your guides.

Kantazo

Post by Kantazo » Tue, 3. Sep 13, 15:56

The spoilers are not working

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Tue, 3. Sep 13, 16:04

Kantazo wrote:The spoilers are not working
You may already know this and be having some sort of computer issue, but just in case...

You don't click on the spoiler tag to see it. The text of the spoiler is actually written in black on black. If you drag over it to 'select text' the colors change, making it readable.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

AgamemnonArgon
x3tc

Post by AgamemnonArgon » Thu, 5. Sep 13, 10:15

This is a good walkthrough, and it is a useful one to bookmark cheers dude.
Argon Patriot and Battlemaster
Peace - Through Superior Firepower

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”