[TC] Balance of Power Plot Walkthrough

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 14. Jun 12, 13:29

MarvinTheMartian wrote:had more to do with the RNG than weapons.
Yep.

I do not think that a reload counter is possible. It is just low probability. I only had to reload four or five times, but you got "lucky" ;).

As for your "Earth-shattering kaboom", that comes next... (Now all you have to do is survive the best chase in the game!).

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Fri, 15. Jun 12, 09:06

I wasn't being serious about the reload counter ;) just a bit of a dig about the over-use of the RNG in this game at times, i've ranted enough about that before though so I'll say no more on the subject :)
DrBullwinkle wrote:As for your "Earth-shattering kaboom", that comes next... (Now all you have to do is survive the best chase in the game!).
I'm aware of the "chase" - I intend to drag that out as long as possible across as many Paranid sectors as possible and if there're any left at the end of it I might have a go at capping one :D

Cheers,
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
X3AP 3.1 Printable Universe Sector Map

Katpagan
x3tc

Post by Katpagan » Mon, 6. Aug 12, 02:21

Please forgive me if this is not the right place to post this but this is the first topic on this particular plot that I've found, without spending the next millenium searching every other topic :o

I've just completed the final mission (via Khaak sectors for me - the Tyr's cleared a couple out quite nicely, thank you :D ) however I seem to be having a problem with the Terrans.

Before starting the plot I had an Adv Sat in each Terran Sector but over the course of the plot the Terrans destroyed every one of them and would occasionaly go after my UT's. Not really a big deal at the time. Once plot is complete you get that message about 'nobody knows' so I thought it might now be safe in the Terran Sectors. After a scout around there were no more Red Terrans so I started to put Adv Sats back. However after only putting a couple up I get the Adv Sat Destroyed messages followed very quickly by a UT getting killed. I jumped into the sector where my UT died but still no Red Terrans. However there are still fleets of Terrans near where my old Sats used to be in some of the sectors but the ships are all blue.

I am now confused. Is this supposed to happened. Nobody else has mentioned that they have had this problem so I'm wondering if I've done something to cause this. My ATF rank is still at Command Access although I did see it at AGI Nemesis for a brief moment earlier before it went back to CA. My Terran rank is Hero of Sol so based on these they shouldn't have a problem.

Could someone please tell me if it is me or if this is normal and anything own by me should now avoid the Terran Sectors for all time. If this is the case then I wish I could go back to just before starting the plot and not bother, however I would really rather not do that as on one occasion when saving during a particular mission my hand twitched at the wrong moment when saving and it saved over the save I did just prior to starting plot. The next save I have before that one would take me back to just before start of Hub plot and considering I am now almost halfway thru getting the silicon wafers I'm sure you can imagine the heartbreak of having to go back that far :cry:

Thank you for any help or advice you can offer.

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Mon, 6. Aug 12, 09:37

Hi,

It's not normal but it's not too bad either. I say that because you still have max rep with ATF and Terran so should be able to fix it.

Do you have "show as enemy to me" set to yes at the bottom of the command console for the ship you are flying? It's possible there's a Terran/ATF ship or two that don't like you for some reason and that's the only way to spot them.

What does the log say about who killed your sats and UTs?

Katpagan
x3tc

Post by Katpagan » Mon, 6. Aug 12, 11:06

Thank you so much for your quick reply.

I have just had a peek to see about the FOF settings. I found 1 UT with Terrans set as Foe so have changed that but the rest of us are all set to Friend. As to the destroyed messages it says they are destroyed by 'various' Terrans ships, i.e. your adv sat was destroyed in sector Saturn by Terran Scimitar.

I'm now wondering if I have a script installed that might be causing the problem. If you think this could be the case, especially as no one else seems to have this problem then I will of course take this to the S&M section as requested by author.

Thank you.

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Mon, 6. Aug 12, 11:41

It's quite possible it's scripts so always worth checking there if there's nothing obvious wrong.

Are you arming your UTs? if one has terran as enemy then that would explain a lot

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Tue, 7. Aug 12, 03:06

Katpagan wrote:I have just had a peek to see about the FOF settings. I found 1 UT with Terrans set as Foe so have changed that but the rest of us are all set to Friend. As to the destroyed messages it says they are destroyed by 'various' Terrans ships, i.e. your adv sat was destroyed in sector Saturn by Terran Scimitar.

I'm now wondering if I have a script installed that might be causing the problem.
First thing: this particular forum is for vanilla (including bonus pack) gameplay; if you have any other scripts/mods installed they're likely to change gameplay (whether or not you recognise this) & therefore you should ask in the S&M forum

Second: as odd as it seems (compared to other online sites I've seen), if you can't find a subject to attach your post to within about 4-6 weeks, it's best to start a new post

Third: mention which version (R, TC or AP) of the game in your post title so we know which idiosyncrasies to encounter - each game (& they are separate) has differences

(Sorry if that came across as harsh, but it's difficult enough to answer questions with the vanilla (including bonus pack) game, let alone after people have fiddled with it)

WRT your problem with sats: are you placing them a looong way away from the trade lanes (ie above/below ecliptic)? This is especially important in Terran sectors as their stations are huuuge compared to Commonwealth ones, & therefore may be subject to random colisions while you're IS
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Fri, 27. Apr 18, 01:20

Okay those Tyr's at the finale ended up comedy relief. Yeah my first thought was jump into the Khak sector, dock with the outpost. Not enough Khak when you need them and had reload and rethink.

:idea: Hey I know of a place that's LOADED with M1's! And I've got a great rep with! Had enough cells to jump in and introduce those Tyr's to my Final Fury friends. Fun to watch what happened. Almost made the Finale Battle of Heritic's End in Reunion look tame. Not a bad payoff right there! :D.

Edit: Realoded again just to nuke a bag of popcorn and watch the show! Wish I still had a vid capture card. Great show!
The answer to life, the universe and everything:
MIND THE GAP

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”