[TC] Balance of Power Plot Walkthrough

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Sat, 9. Oct 10, 17:06

I want to see how you cap that Mjolnir.

[ external image ]

Lke you see in the pic I almost destroyed it and I can't capp it .I used from Ions ,wasp to fighter drones and IRE on cheap M5 .

Some L3 user must be responsable for this :roll:

Spychotic
x3tc

Post by Spychotic » Sat, 9. Oct 10, 17:07

How many times have you tried?

Spike
Check out the X3 Wiki!

Struggling with a plotline? Spike's Walkthroughs are your answer!

Whether you're building your first factory or a trading empire, this station management guide was made just for you.

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Sat, 9. Oct 10, 17:13

Spychotic wrote:How many times have you tried?

Spike
Look at the hour of my last post in this topic and count how many times I've visited the Ort Cloud :roll:

I don't know ,maybe 12 -13 times .Now the game is paused in the backround and I hope that ship won't be destroyed by a spacefly .

you_rebel_scum
x3tc

Post by you_rebel_scum » Sat, 9. Oct 10, 18:46

eheheheh yeah that was crazy one by one all these tokyos and osakas came through, i nearly ran out of shadow missiles and the fighters almost had me at one point
Die-Hard...Suicidal Squid DiD
I was born free, but now I'm expensive!

Da-V-Man
x4

Post by Da-V-Man » Sat, 9. Oct 10, 22:42

enenra wrote:About the enemies you face during the plot: Their strength is dependant on your fight rank. There may very well be an Osaka guarding the Prison Transport with a high fight rank. ;)
It's the same for most other enemies in the plot (and most other plots as well).
When the prison scabbard mutinied, all I faced was a single Sabre M4. In my Panther. My rank is Warlord.
These days I mainly just talk to plants and dogs,
all human contact seems painful, risky, odd,
so I stay acting god in my own X-Universe!

BeidAmmikon
x3tc

Post by BeidAmmikon » Sat, 9. Oct 10, 22:49

During the Valkyrie mission, I finally got annoyed by the "frustration factor" which certain plots carry. Reload pending, of course.
This reload thing, combined with the randomness of certain events, has severely transformed the way this game ought to be played, and pleasure is among the first victims.
Next time lucky, I guess. :cry:
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against Principalities, against Powers,
against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places

Spychotic
x3tc

Post by Spychotic » Sat, 9. Oct 10, 23:33

It took me ten minutes to figure out how to scan the Valkyrie. I figured it out when I crashed into the thing and it briefly told me that it was scanning :wink: When I did, I just reloaded and flew near it in a Kestrel. It's not too hard to shadow within 120m in a Kestrel. Not easy, but not too hard; I did it first time.

Spike
Check out the X3 Wiki!

Whether you're building your first factory or a trading empire, this station management guide was made just for you.

Benjamin Caskie
x4

Post by Benjamin Caskie » Sun, 10. Oct 10, 09:20

If your having troubble scanning the Valkyrie, wait till it cues for the gate, it will slow down and this becomes a cake walk.

lishiping84

Post by lishiping84 » Sun, 10. Oct 10, 11:07

i just can not find the pirate base....

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Sun, 10. Oct 10, 11:18

lishiping84 wrote:i just can not find the pirate base....
Save and reload .That's how it worked in my game .After that I don't know .I killed everything and nothing ,no end game no congratulations screen ,no achievement ,no credits ...nothing .

BeidAmmikon
x3tc

Post by BeidAmmikon » Sun, 10. Oct 10, 11:21

Hooray, I finally got my Valkyrie.
Ride of the Springblossom!

My heartfelt thanks go to ship textures/models... :roll:
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against Principalities, against Powers,
against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places

BeidAmmikon
x3tc

Post by BeidAmmikon » Sun, 10. Oct 10, 15:56

I might add that if you leave the Scabbard doing its job at the ATF facility and you jump out of this unknown sector into Neptune (let's say), the ATF ships will follow you. They ignored me, but I don't know if this was because I transferred myself onto another ship - they just entered Neptune and ignored both of my ships. The Scabbard will return to the Dark Space Installation without being attacked by the ATF, whose ships will disappear as soon as the Scabbard docks. In other words, you can do this part of the plot without firing a shot.
I guess it's worth checking this out in another game...

Spychotic
x3tc

Post by Spychotic » Sun, 10. Oct 10, 17:44

Walkthrough is now complete. Thanks to everyone who has posted in this and other threads helping me out with ideas and information; please continue, as whilst it is 'complete' it is only the first version. I will continue to update this Walkthrough as new information becomes available.

Spike
Check out the X3 Wiki!

The-Gizmo
x3tc

Post by The-Gizmo » Sun, 10. Oct 10, 17:53

lol, to get the Scabbard to the Dark Space Installation I just installed a Jump Drive on it and jumped it out as soon as it undocked from the ATF facility, and then jumped out myself. I was using my Tyr, which easily handled every ship that came, but was at 30% shields when I jumped out at the end.

yann_leei
x3tc

Re: Balance of Power Plot Walkthrough - COMPLETE

Post by yann_leei » Sun, 10. Oct 10, 18:16

there's no-one left alive who knows that you've swiped two ATF ships, and managed to pick up a Thor blueprint. They're yours. Forever.
Don't forget the Valkyrie blueprint as well. If you get both ships to bail, you now have a fenrir and mjolnir, with blueprints for the thor and valkyrie, giving you a full collection of atf fighters

Spychotic
x3tc

Post by Spychotic » Sun, 10. Oct 10, 18:51

Thanks. Just found that one independently (I have quite a list of blueprints in my HQ :wink: and I missed it). I was wondering if you could cap the Valkyrie that you had to shadow, but evidently it doesn't matter.

Does anyone know exactly when you get the ship blueprints? I missed it.

Spike
Check out the X3 Wiki!

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Sun, 10. Oct 10, 19:16

How nice ,I finished the plot and no achievment.Guess the Steam achievment system is working like Oprah's diet :roll:

Oh and who knew that a Cobra filled with flails is way to mush for 4 tyrs :twisted:
Last edited by amtct on Sun, 10. Oct 10, 19:48, edited 1 time in total.

Dead_Goon
x4

Re: Balance of Power Plot Walkthrough - COMPLETE

Post by Dead_Goon » Sun, 10. Oct 10, 19:47

yann_leei wrote:Don't forget the Valkyrie blueprint as well. If you get both ships to bail, you now have a fenrir and mjolnir, with blueprints for the thor and valkyrie, giving you a full collection of atf fighters
i take my hat off to the folks who get both to bail, i cannot for the life of me get the fenrir to bail, the mjolnir bailed on the first attempt, but the fenrir?, 12 attempts & counting. :evil:

Twest09
x3tc

Post by Twest09 » Sun, 10. Oct 10, 20:02

You listed boarding the Tyrs as an option but I've heard that you can't keep them, so that's kinda a bad option. The best option should be UFJD kill. Can anyone confirm or give details on boarding the Tyrs? Are we able to keep them or not?

AjRyder
x3ap

Post by AjRyder » Sun, 10. Oct 10, 20:20

Ok the bit where you need marines. Do you lose those guys are do you get them back!! If you lose them then I will send crap ones in. :lol:
Star Trek Phase II watch new episodes now at

http://www.startreknewvoyages.com

My computer is fast very very fast ;)

Follow me on Twitter @Formula1Dragon

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”