X3: Terran Conflict 3.0 has arrived!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Progress-M
x3tc

Post by Progress-M » Sat, 9. Oct 10, 03:31

Awesome! Now I'll just need to wait for my Superbox to arrive to this side of the globe hehe.

Bothersome
x3tc

Post by Bothersome » Sat, 9. Oct 10, 03:36

Egosoft really should take a bow.

You guys have done an out standing job with this game series.

My hats off to you guys.

All we fans of yours need to post on other boards and point to this thread to show them how companies should hold their customers. Yes I'm looking at Ubisoft right now.

Bravo! Bravo! Egosoft.
"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy

Zloth
x3tc

Post by Zloth » Sat, 9. Oct 10, 04:16

I think you can look at pretty much the whole game industry, Bothersome. Has any other company given out so many patches over so many years with new content?? Subscription based games are all I can think of - though Guild Wars might have a shot at it. The Witcher fixed a boatload of bugs for free but all their new content was fan based, if I remember right.

albone
x3

I bow before Egosoft's greatness

Post by albone » Sat, 9. Oct 10, 06:41

Many Thanks Egosoft...Xuniverse has no other rival :D

Prettiest Star
x3tc

Post by Prettiest Star » Sat, 9. Oct 10, 06:50

I updated my game to 3, but now I get a "x3config not found" error. Do I need to reinstall the game or something?

Dungeoncrawler
x3tc

Post by Dungeoncrawler » Sat, 9. Oct 10, 07:11

I don't have allot of time to invest in a 'Universe' game like the X-Series these days due to RL and other things. However, I lurk in the forums and keep updated on when things happen here and at Egosoft. My point is that I have a large amount of respect for Egosoft and their outstanding support for their games and their customers. Other dev's should take some hints from organizations like Egosoft. Imo, support and a continual display of integrity towards your customer base goes a long way in dissuading things like piracy. Just my humble opinion about Egosoft, the great people that hang-out in the forums, and even the police(mods) that make our stop here enjoyable. Keep up the GREAT work everyone and thanks for the update Egosoft!

Prettiest Star
x3tc

Post by Prettiest Star » Sat, 9. Oct 10, 09:33

No, I reinstalled the game and I still get the error message "X3config not found".
Very strange, I am not seeing anyone else having problems. :(

Hicky
x4

Post by Hicky » Sat, 9. Oct 10, 09:49

I keep saying the same thing, with every patch you guys release. I have never known such a customer orientated software house like Egosoft. There are some big companies out there, that should take a leaf out of your book.

Like others I'm waiting for my copy of the SB to turn up, before I jump back in.

Flappy
xrvr

Post by Flappy » Sat, 9. Oct 10, 11:20

@ Prettiest Star- IIRC the stickies at the top of the Technical Support should pretty much sort you out. Be sure to ensure that the patch version you are running is for YOUR version, ie. North American, German, etc. Do NOT manually patch a Steam install, as Steam will patch it for you.

@ everone else in general,
I too am awaiting eagerly my shipment from Deutschland, it will be a really exciting delivery for once. If there was anything that could make it better it would be having the Dev Team sign it, but oh well. Much better that they should focus on what they do, which is deliver the games that our "niche" market enjoys. And sorry for the hijack I'll definitely be enjoying 3.0 while waiting for the Postman to bring the rest.

@Devs,
Thank You from the bottom of my heart for continuing to make games like this, I agree with a lot of other long-time fans that your support for us is simply the best. Hopefully you will all be able to spend a little time with loved ones over the Holidays, but given your past history........I doubt it! :P
Last edited by Flappy on Sat, 9. Oct 10, 15:09, edited 1 time in total.
"Ain't the size of the Wave,it's the motion of the Ocean"

costi
x3tc

Post by costi » Sat, 9. Oct 10, 11:54

Is there a changelog for 3.0 available? It is metioned on the download page, but I don't see it anywhere.
Friendly fire is not so friendly.

danleach
x3tc

Post by danleach » Sat, 9. Oct 10, 12:33

Ive been playing since X-BTF and all I can say is,... you guys are the best :)

Prettiest Star
x3tc

Post by Prettiest Star » Sat, 9. Oct 10, 13:21

Flappy wrote:@ Prettiest Star- IIRC the stickies at the top of the Technical Support should pretty much sort you out. Be sure to ensure that the patch version you are running is for YOUR version, ie. North American, German, etc. Do NOT manually patch a Steam install, as Steam will patch it for you.
I can't seem to find any information on it Flappy.
If my game was bought from Gamersgate, will the patch download from this site cause the problem? I ask as there is no patch 3.0 download at Gamersgate.

Flappy
xrvr

Post by Flappy » Sat, 9. Oct 10, 14:38

@ Prettiest Star:
Have PM'd you as this is wrong thread. This is for 3.0 patch version for TC IIRC.
"Ain't the size of the Wave,it's the motion of the Ocean"

Tycow
x4

Post by Tycow » Sat, 9. Oct 10, 16:21

costi wrote:Is there a changelog for 3.0 available? It is metioned on the download page, but I don't see it anywhere.
On the page you mentioned...
This update brings new content and features to the game.

Version 3.0 features:

* The 3.0 Plot Mission 'Balance of Power'
* Dead-is-Dead gamemode (STEAM only)
* Reward for Operation Final Fury

cheggs
x4

Post by cheggs » Sat, 9. Oct 10, 17:43

I seem to have bought the only copy that was for sale in Paisley/Glasgow!!!!

Still happy to have it :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :x3:

I've been here from the beginning till the end no-one else has come close to what Egosoft and the community has. If I could sing.......#And now the time is near....#

I'm looking forward to what the next project might be.

escondido
x4

Post by escondido » Sat, 9. Oct 10, 17:58

one question:
egosof go give us another game like this or similar in the future !!???

softweir
xr

Post by softweir » Sat, 9. Oct 10, 20:32

We know they are working on "The Next Big Thing". This was referred to in an article by Bernd about his working day that appeared in an earlier editio of X-Universe news. It isn't an "X" game, but it is a space simulation!

There are some interesting hints at what might be coming on pages B-27 to B-30 of the English language version of the X Encyclopedia that came with the X-Superbox.
My new fave game (while waiting for Rebirth) - Kerbal Space Program

NJPhoenix
x4

Post by NJPhoenix » Sat, 9. Oct 10, 20:51

Thank You Egosoft
You are definitely the best, much appreciated!!
Once again you guys show the rest of the software world the right way to work with and treat your customers. :)

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 9. Oct 10, 22:32

Thankyou Egosoft.

Updated my TC last night and received my Superbox this morning. :D

Sorenson
x3tc

Post by Sorenson » Sat, 9. Oct 10, 23:11

EDIT: Oops, that's right, I keep forgetting Egosoft's in the habit of bundling new updates into old catalogues. Disregard, then.
Last edited by Sorenson on Sun, 10. Oct 10, 00:47, edited 1 time in total.
X3TC Naval Shuffle: My ships are fast; my shields are strong; and my guns are very, very large.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”