X3: Terran Conflict 3.0 has arrived!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Thunders

Post by Thunders » Tue, 12. Oct 10, 03:02

Thank you, Egosoft, for this patch. I liked the concept of acquiring normally unobtainable blueprints, but getting fighter ships to bail was rather tiresome and annoying considering how the bailing algorithm works.

Anyway, an X3TC player can never have too many blueprints, so thank you again.

P.S: I can't say I liked the acronym ASS for the new "faction". :P

bung_dorji
x4

Post by bung_dorji » Tue, 12. Oct 10, 13:10

mind if im ask something ?

i have no problem playing 2.7.1 and several mods and script, but after i patch to 3.0 then it wont run again.

After Egosoft logo (at the starting of the game) then it CTD, is there some collition between my script or mods with the patch ?
It is hard to live since the xenon and kha'ak patrol recentrly

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 12. Oct 10, 13:54

Possibly.
Just reinstall TC
Add the latest update (all inclusive from first version)

Then make an additional installation for your mods and scripts to run on.
Test them one at a time.

It is always best to have a number of installations that allow you to play different selections of mods etc.
On my last rig I had a different "user account" for each mod and version I played.

Nova Scotia
x3tc

Post by Nova Scotia » Tue, 12. Oct 10, 14:09

Thanks Egosoft,time to get off my horse -Red Dead Redemption- and back into my space ship :lol:

wonder what wonderful game would be produced by Egosoft and RockStar combo

Lyth
x4

Post by Lyth » Tue, 12. Oct 10, 20:21

Thank you, been waiting for this. :)
Take it easy, If you can't - Take it by force.

nachomahn
x4

Post by nachomahn » Tue, 12. Oct 10, 21:54

Great! Thanks Egosoft! Here I was all content with the fact that my PhenomIIx4 computer was getting too slow to play my save games anymore. I hadn't played in 6 months since I was measuring performance during a fight in seconds-per-frame.

Now you go and release yet another patch and new missions .. plus DiD mode ... forcing me to toss an I7-950 in my case and spend 27 of the last 48 hours remembering why I love this game so much.

*sigh* .... so long free time!

Bothersome
x3tc

Post by Bothersome » Tue, 12. Oct 10, 22:27

Yeah, for such a cheap priced game, it sure winds up costing a lot to play it reliably.

I just spent $175 last weekend on new batteries for my power backup system. Something I needed to do for a while now but because of this Dead is Dead mode it made it a requirement and not a simple want.

At least now I have 5 hours of battery backup before I have to log off and shut down.
"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 12. Oct 10, 22:44

That's the thing about new games/or game versions.
There's always something you can buy to make it better...

or you can use the game as an excuse for buying it. :lol:

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Thu, 14. Oct 10, 17:05

Bothersome wrote:Yeah, for such a cheap priced game, it sure winds up costing a lot to play it reliably.

I just spent $175 last weekend on new batteries for my power backup system. Something I needed to do for a while now but because of this Dead is Dead mode it made it a requirement and not a simple want.

At least now I have 5 hours of battery backup before I have to log off and shut down.
You too huh? One of the main reasons I spent a shedload of cash to upgrade my PC was to play this game, and I don't regret a single penny :lol:

El Squid
x3tc

Post by El Squid » Fri, 15. Oct 10, 10:36

Arghhhh Damn you Egosoft......give me my life back :D
You Have a choice.......Live free or buy into a repressive government. Pay your tax...then more tax....and still more...Baaaa, Baaaaaaaa, Baaaaaaaaa, Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Reimu Hakurei
x3tc

Post by Reimu Hakurei » Fri, 15. Oct 10, 19:18

I feel inclined to donate for all the work you've put in over the years, people at Egosoft. :D

Although as an owner of X-Gold, I have a question: Will you be releasing the patches for BTF and Tension standalone or are they only in the Superbox version of the games?

nachomahn
x4

Post by nachomahn » Sat, 16. Oct 10, 08:00

Reimu Hakurei wrote:I feel inclined to donate for all the work you've put in over the years, people at Egosoft. :D
I "donated" by buying the Superbox-- even though I own already X3:TC on CD, X3:TC on Steam, and X3:R on Steam. I may have multiple copies, but the total cost is still well under a $0.01 per hour of play time I have gotten just from X3:TC. I hope it helps the team, and helps make sure they know I'm looking forward to "The Next Big Game".

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Wed, 20. Oct 10, 21:14

I'm on about 2p per hour as well... wow that's worth it.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Hachiman
x3tc

Post by Hachiman » Tue, 26. Oct 10, 09:48

danleach wrote:Ive been playing since X-BTF and all I can say is,... you guys are the best :)
A lot of X Vets coming out of the asteriod belts on this one...think that says it all about Egosoft,its support and its fan base....Way to go Ego :D
Kachi wa saya no naka ni ari
[Victory comes while the sword is[still]in the scabbard]

Dragon_Rider
x4

Post by Dragon_Rider » Sat, 30. Oct 10, 20:14

Woo! Been with the X-series since X-btf (Time well spent! :P). Thank you everyone from the bottom of my heart for all your hard work and the many many hours of enjoyment! Can't wait to get the SB :D
Ben

notaterran
x3tc

Post by notaterran » Sun, 21. Nov 10, 13:27

Incredible. Even if the next game is nothing more than the same content with a modern engine (64-bit, multicore, heavy use of the graphics card) I would still buy it in a heartbeat. My respects to you, Egosoft. After so many years, you are still repairing and optimizing a game that was so ambitious at the time of release. What a pleasant surprise.

Nick 031287
x3tc

Post by Nick 031287 » Wed, 24. Nov 10, 06:58

i am tempted to get X superbox, i own X3TC but does superbox has anything that the latest patch on the original copy dont have? apart from the posters an enclopedia that came with superbox, i'm talking about extra features in game. or does the 3.0 patch to X3Tc contain everything that X superbox has?

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Wed, 24. Nov 10, 11:20

There is no difference with the games themselves. Extra X3TC content on the disks include the Bonus Packs and several scripts and mods, most of which you can find and download somewhere else. There is the Plugin Manager, to manage the mods on the disk too.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

aeligos
x3tc

Post by aeligos » Sun, 28. Nov 10, 20:45

I'm new to X game and all the goodness that goes with it.

Will be buying X3 Gold soon from Steam.

I'm going to start with X3, skipping 2 and 1 for the moment. I do hope X4 is in the works and hope to add it to my collection of happiness when it becomes available.

-.-
The greatest trick the devil has ever done was not to convince the world that it does not exist,
but rather to convince the world that it is god.

JoeVN09
x4

Post by JoeVN09 » Fri, 10. Dec 10, 05:48

While I can I'm going to give a shout out to all the guys at Egosoft: Best and most devoted developers in the world. :)
~ Experienced X3 veteran. Dangerously incompetent X4 novice. ~

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”