My take on M7s

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Forcy
x4

Post by Forcy » Mon, 27. Sep 10, 13:09

Sovereign01 wrote:That's the thing with M7s, many of them need IBLs to be effective, especially those that mount them in their main batteries, specifically the Aggy, Shrike and the 2 Split designs, as well as the Thresher, though as already mentioned, the Thresher can carry PPCs there which are arguably superior.
I dont really agree with that statement. if theres any ship that can actually do *without* the IBL's then it's the Shrike. Gauss cannons are freely available, ammo is plentiful and lasts long and it has a large cargo hold. if you really want sick sustained damage then mount EBC's up front with 4 GC in the sides (they can fire forward) and FAA top/bottom.

but then again, I'm a shrike fanboy so :roll:

ps. I did roll with a shrike without IBLs for quite some time, mounting ISRs up front and I was able to take on mutiple Qs/Js/Ks at a time no probs. IBLs did make it easier though.

Sovereign01
xr

Post by Sovereign01 » Sat, 6. Nov 10, 18:53

Updated to include the Griffon :)
In The Threat, the Odysseus was the ship of choice.

In Terran Conflict, it was my Skirnirs that brought the destruction.

In AP, it was my fleet that greeted the Xenon!

Gazz
x3tc

Re: My take on M7s

Post by Gazz » Sat, 6. Nov 10, 20:14

Sovereign01 wrote:Least laser energy: Shrike/Q
Slowest laser regen: Shrike/Q
You might want to add the Shrike for "highest sustained damage output" as well...

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 89#2699589

That's math, not an opinion. =P
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”